Xfinity RACE thread --- Martinsville

Joe sure loves his Grandson. Got to admire that I guess.

Someone like Denny Hamlin or Kyle Busch need to send the message.
Sadly for him I think some lessons will be learned firewall deep in cup next year

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This is all so....redundant. We all know what kind of kid Ty is too, Coach Pious: A self-serving entitled punk.
They need someone over there that rules with an iron fist. Joe has never been that guy and certainly won't be with his grandson

Actually, Kyle Busch said basically what you said on that "Race To The Championship" show that's airing on USA Network. I was surprised how candid and blunt he was in speaking about Coach Gibbs at two separate points in a recent episode.

First he spoke about how Gibbs always told him he was their main man, the foundation of the franchise, and would always drive for JGR until he retired from the sport... which Kyle characterized as Joe lying to him. Later he spoke about how Joe always covered for his bad behavior and bad attitude, always had his back with sponsors and everyone else... until earlier this year that suddenly stopped like turning off a lightbulb (I'm paraphrasing, can't remember the exact quote). I was surprised the show's producers decided to include Kyle's blunt remarks about Gibbs.

If Joe really wanted to make a teachable lesson out of the incident, he would have asked 23XI to yank Ty Gibbs out of their cup car for Martinsville and Phoenix, put JHN or Brandon Jones in the 23 instead. By not doing that, Joe's message to Ty was just words... "I'm telling you that was not right, but there are no actual consequences."

Looks like a damn good show on a mediocre time slot from the small parts I’ve saw

Actually, Kyle Busch said basically what you said on that "Race To The Championship" show that's airing on USA Network. I was surprised how candid and blunt he was in speaking about Coach Gibbs at two separate points in a recent episode.

First he spoke about how Gibbs always told him he was their main man, the foundation of the franchise, and would always drive for JGR until he retired from the sport... which Kyle characterized as Joe lying to him. Later he spoke about how Joe always covered for his bad behavior and bad attitude, always had his back with sponsors and everyone else... until earlier this year that suddenly stopped like turning off a lightbulb (I'm paraphrasing, can't remember the exact quote). I was surprised the show's producers decided to include Kyle's blunt remarks about Gibbs.

If Joe really wanted to make a teachable lesson out of the incident, he would have asked 23XI to yank Ty Gibbs out of their cup car for Martinsville and Phoenix, put JHN or Brandon Jones in the 23 instead. By not doing that, Joe's message to Ty was just words... "I'm telling you that was not right, but there are no actual consequences."
Duke Thorson owner of Thorsport said the same thing to Matt Crafton. He could have a job as long as he wanted it. Duke Thorson has honored his word. I doubt Joe Gibbs will say anything about going back on his word to Kyle. Everybody here is tired of hearing me bitch about the Yotas, but it's not the first time something like that has happened.

This is all so....redundant. We all know what kind of kid Ty is too, Coach Pious: A self-serving entitled punk.
Ty Gibbs being self-serving and entitled honestly doesn't seem to scratch the surface.

We saw similar behavior and attitude from a young Kyle Busch, but even as an 18 year old, KB had a sliver of self awareness to the point where he could play up his character.

Ty Gibbs on the other hand...forget about self serving and entitlement. There's almost like a pathological sort of lack of insight, awareness and empathy from this kid. He was raised wrong, and when you watch him interview, something just seems off with him. He's a total narcissist.

It's like he's on the edge of reality. A lot like Kyrie Irving.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Problem with Ty and like the others where he comes from and what makes him appear weird is he says one thing and does another. No credibility, nobody believes what he says and that will be most of his fan base. People who live the lie.

Hence the problem I have with Coach and young Ty: the utter hypocrisy they spout when witnessing and citing scripture only to act 180 degrees from it. As a Christian myself (I know, I don't act like I should either but I acknowledge it), it's embarrassing to see them act the fool then compare themselves to Jesus. It's like someone else on here said, the Gibbs brand of Christianity is now more akin to televangelism.

As for all these "he'll learn lessons firewall deep in Cup!" thoughts, no he won't. Nobody has the stones to do anything. I kept hearing how the horde of pissed drivers would ensure that Ross never made it to Phoenix, yet here we are. Nothing will happen. Best we can hope for is an Austin Hill level knockout punch.

I totally side with the coach on this one.
The same thing happens in many actual families.
Personally, I can only put up with tiresome antics for so long until I myself become tired. Then the switch is flipped.
Ky Bu's utter surprise in all of this is very telling of the life that he has lived.

Ty Gibbs is the perfect embodiment of JGR. He really is, and from the outside looking in it's funny to watch. It's not the kind of place I'd ever want to work for, or work with. I think they have the least integrity in the sport, and in the land of little integrity, that's saying something! Ultimately I think Ty will be a pretty costly asset for them in the long run unless he changes his actions, both drastically and quickly.

Also, Kyle sealed his own fate at JGR. He was the one who flipped the switch, but I'm assuming he forgot to mention other conversations that took place between he and coach. Coach really holds little blame for their parting. That really is the reality of the situation.

Both statements can be true.

Also, Kyle sealed his own fate at JGR.
The field has multiple drivers who may not have won dozens of races but know how to not embarrass sponsors. You stand a much better chance of winning if you have a ride, esp. one you don't have to worry about keeping.

Ty Gibbs is the perfect embodiment of JGR. He really is, and from the outside looking in it's funny to watch. It's not the kind of place I'd ever want to work for, or work with. I think they have the least integrity in the sport, and in the land of little integrity, that's saying something! Ultimately I think Ty will be a pretty costly asset for them in the long run unless he changes his actions, both drastically and quickly.

Also, Kyle sealed his own fate at JGR. He was the one who flipped the switch, but I'm assuming he forgot to mention other conversations that took place between he and coach. Coach really holds little blame for their parting. That really is the reality of the situation.

Both statements can be true.
hmmm, that sure changed in two weeks

You're right .I know Myatt went to his car but you cant throw haymakers for just having words.
Well Austin proved that wrong, clearly you can. IMO if you come over to another driver running your mouth be prepared for what's to follow.

Well Austin proved that wrong, clearly you can. IMO if you come over to another driver running your mouth be prepared for what's to follow.

He didnt prove anything wrong, running your mouth doesnt deserve hands being thrown, if you put your hands on someone yes but that didnt happen. It was a chicken shat move.

He didnt prove anything wrong, running your mouth doesnt deserve hands being thrown, if you put your hands on someone yes but that didnt happen. It was a chicken shat move.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

happens all the time. You or anybody else doesn't know what was said before hand either.
You wanna talk "it happens all the time" well people go to jail for that all the time. BTW, I listened to what Dale Jr said on his show and he was told the "smack talk" was Myatt telling Hill he thinks he's special because he drives for RCR". Hill told him to go away and when he didnt he punched him. That came from several sources. Yeah that really deserved an assault.

You wanna talk "it happens all the time" well people go to jail for that all the time. BTW, I listened to what Dale Jr said on his show and he was told the "smack talk" was Myatt telling Hill he thinks he's special because he drives for RCR". Hill told him to go away and when he didnt he punched him. That came from several sources. Yeah that really deserved an assault.
heresay

Just to be clear, you think drivers exchanging words deserves violence?
Like I said anytime you go over and approach someone else and start running your mouth be prepared for what might happen. I have zero problems with what happened.

If Austin when down there and ran his mouth and then hit him I'd have a problem with it.

Like I said anytime you go over and approach someone else and start running your mouth be prepared for what might happen. I have zero problems with what happened.

If Austin when down there and ran his mouth and then hit him I'd have a problem with it.

OK so you do condone violence for mere words. Gotcha

words incite violence all the time, what in the hell is your point? Something nutz like a person can call another person anything they want and you are supposed to take it lol. What world are you living in.
Huh? Its clear that anywhere in the country (besides a NASCAR Pit Road) That if 2 people are arguing and one of the throws the first punch( and this case the only punch) they will go to jail. What alternate universe do you live in? Thats what the hell my point is.

Huh? Its clear that anywhere in the country (besides a NASCAR Pit Road) That if 2 people are arguing and one of the throws the first punch( and this case the only punch) they will go to jail. What alternate universe do you live in? Thats what the hell my point is.
That's nutz, but in your deputy dog world it makes sense I suppose.

Gotta live internet tough guys. In the real world you assault someone and you go to jail (unless your in New York, where you are released 10 minutes later)

Gotta live internet tough guys. In the real world you assault someone and you go to jail (unless your in New York, where you are released 10 minutes later)
I'm sorry but there's plenty of places in this country where they're not hauling people to jail for getting in a fight, the race track probably being one of them. Sure that would happen in a big city or working in an office. But newsflash most of the country doesn't fall into those two categories.

I'm sorry but there's plenty of places in this country where they're not hauling people to jail for getting in a fight, the race track probably being one of them. Sure that would happen in a big city or working in an office. But newsflash most of the country doesn't fall into those two categories.

Even in the backcountry assault is illegal and if reported the person that did the assaulting will be arrested.

Nothing for Austin Hill, turns out nascar actually agrees with what I said.....

That wasnt a fight, it was an assault. I guess Hill wanted to show off his MMA training that he has been doing.

That the law. Pit road isn't any driver's personal property. Looked like about eight feet between them, so it wasn't self defense.
Ya have to press charges and jump thru the hoops afterwards. That's the law also. If not it is a bunch flapping their gums wishing and hoping. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom