Xfinity RACE thread --- Phoenix

Gods, I do not care about Ty Gibbs or any of these silver spoon drivers.

They didn't fight through the NASCAR ladder to get their seat, they didn't race at Myrtle Beach in the Late Models or SLM. They bought their seat, or their family bought the seat for them.
Can definitely say I'm not a fan of his but like I always say it's not how you got there it's what you do when you get there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

giphy-downsized-large.gif

They didn't fight through the NASCAR ladder to get their seat, they didn't race at Myrtle Beach in the Late Models or SLM. They bought their seat, or their family bought the seat for them.
I mean yeah, but he's been impressive in his two starts so far.

That's fine, but you have to realize pressure will be even greater with the expectations behind him. He has to perform just like everyone else.

Can Our Motorsports sign up JJ Yeley in the 03? Yeley was mighty impressive today.

Anyone know why Ford doesn’t have a heavier presence in Xfinity?
Their development program is the opposite of Toyota. Quality over quantity and they dont appear to be too interested in ride buyers

Their development program is the opposite of Toyota. Quality over quantity and they dont appear to be too interested in ride buyers

They don't??? Herbst is 100% a ride buyer. So is Deegan. Neither of them have been incredibly impressive.

They don't??? Herbst is 100% a ride buyer. So is Deegan. Neither of them have been incredibly impressive.
I don't know much of Herbst story but I think they're legitimately trying to develop Deegan as a top level talent. Not sure how much money she's bringing to the table, but out of all their promotions it seemed like they pursued her

Ty Gibbs = Literally won a Late Model race at Myrtle Beach Speedway, literally raced Late Models for over three years.

After having watched T. Gibbs race twice, with a win already and a come from behind yesterday I would venture to say he is the real deal.
I don't care that grandpa is his best fan and financial supporter, that's what parents do. There are many cup drivers who only got their chance because of their parents and family, it is what they can do with that opportunity that really counts. I hold Jeff Gordon as a great example of how to take advantage of his situation at every stage of his career. On the other hand there is this France boy that just mucked up his whole life because he could not find his "humble bone" to help guide him in life.

Santino Ferrucci did nothing but race beside Josh Berry. Berry got up into the traction compound and pile drove himself into the wall. In no way shape or form for anyone with working eyes was that Santino’s fault. You can already tell people are gonna have zero objectivity when any incident happens with this kid. A shame really. Has back to back top 15s with zero practice time and no experience in stock cars

It's always easy to blame your mess on somebody else. Ferrucci at least in the clip was in the groove. Ferrucci has been doing a hell of a job with nothing to go by.

He's historically been a bit of a knucklehead.

However, there is no denying he has been impressive to start off in NASCAR. He's not short of talent and ability though.
I blame Benito Mussolini.

Back
Top Bottom