Xfinity RACE thread --- Phoenix

Thank God for the DVR.
I'm going to call it how I saw it. KB didn't want to get outperformed by a rookie teammate in the same equipment again. The 16 cleared him coming to the white, KB crossed him over, doored him and slammed him going into one, almost wrecked himself, and then almost right hooked the 16.

I think he lost his cool that last lap. That's what happened. Didn't want to get beat by the 16 again.

The man has turned a corner. But in my eyes, that was a cup champion racing an Xfinity regular, a teammate at that, like an entitled dick.

Not cool Mr. B

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Set the beer down.

I'm going to call it how I saw it. KB didn't want to get outperformed by a rookie teammate in the same equipment again. The 16 cleared him coming to the white, KB crossed him over, doored him and slammed him going into one, almost wrecked himself, and then almost right hooked the 16.

I think he lost his cool that last lap. That's what happened. Didn't want to get beat by the 16 again.

The man has turned a corner. But in my eyes, that was a cup champion racing an Xfinity regular, a teammate at that, like an entitled dick.

Not cool Mr. B

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
He doesn't like losing that's also the reason they have him in that car.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The camera pulls off the race that Smith and Busch are having, it was getting dirty between those two to follow Smith and Truex doing nothing for the whole last lap but riding around. They missed a really good opportunity to at least go split screen the whole last lap.

The camera pulls off the race that Smith and Busch are having, it was getting dirty between those two to follow Smith and Truex doing nothing for the whole last lap but riding around. They missed a really good opportunity to at least go split screen the whole last lap.
I’m not a fan of split screen. If I DVRd, I always FF past the split screen. They need to pick one or the other.
I’m glad I DVRd today.

Hlll still on top and singing away.
1678586575997.png

He definitely has potential, we'll see how it progresses. Just have to remember JGR Xfinity equipment makes more drivers look good than it does bad.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I was trying to explain that last night about Zane Smith. Moving to Cup is a whole different animal. Many have been darlings in the lower series, they get good cars and teams behind them that helps even more. It isn't a given they will be the next champion. There are a lot of pieces in the puzzle.

It’s all car?
Joe Graf Jr running 15-20th all day at Fontana and Vegas, followed by Ryan Truex contending to win in the same car today says it’s not all car. You have to be a wheelman to make fast cars go fast. Sammy Smith is definitely the real deal. He could’ve easily thrown this race away but he was perfect on every late restart and never overdrove like his teammate did… He’s going to win a lot of races this year.

Joe Graf Jr running 15-20th all day at Fontana and Vegas, followed by Ryan Truex contending to win in the same car today says it’s not all car. You have to be a wheelman to make fast cars go fast. Sammy Smith is definitely the real deal. He could’ve easily thrown this race away but he was perfect on every late restart and never overdrove like his teammate did… He’s going to win a lot of races this year.
He wouldn't if he be driving Joe Graf's car today. I don't care how good he is. It takes both.

I rarely predict the future, but if Truex retires next year, the preacher is going to stuff the then 19 year old Smith in a cup car because he has nobody else. That should prove to be interesting.

@StandOnIt
28 years old. 4 wins in 4 years and
48 Xfin races.
8 wins in 9 years and 121 races in the truck series.
I just don’t see him moving up to Cup and setting the world on fire.
Considering where Austin started off outperforming his then family equipment, then moving to Young's making them look decent. He won a lot with Hattori in trucks and now lets be fair, he's honestly beat the crap out of a guy who was expected to be better than him from the jump in Creed. They were both rookies coming into the series full-time last year and Austin has really been the guy for RCR.

Austin is much better than he's given credit for an he's honestly improved as time has gone on. I wouldn't mind seeing him jump to Cup in the future and especially if he's able to win the championship.

Back
Top Bottom