Xfinity RACE thread --- Talladega

I wonder how that felt for Jr to have to watch that. Very similar to his fathers.
This. Both it and the Gragson hit too was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Especially both being JRM cars also it had to be tough for him to watch.

I admit, I started heading toward the gates with about 30 or 40 to go. It was a long
30 minute walk to the truck and I had a 2 1/2 hour drive in front of me. It had been a long day.
With all the action , it really does drain you. I had been on Gragsons radio the whole race . When I
was heading out , I still had him in my ear as I walked along the concourse of the Dega stands. It was
easy to see the big screens as you walked out toward the exit at the end of the stands towards turn 4.

Then disaster hit and Gragsons got creamed while leading the race. I heard him give out a big groan
over the radio. I went to the stands to watch the replay on the big screens. That was a brutal crash.
So after about 10 minutes of seeing the replays and made sure everyone was ok , I headed back toward the exit.
As I walked toward the parking lot , the jet dryer was blowing speedi dry up and over the wall of turn 4
and it billowed on us who were leaving early. Oh well, what a fitting way to leave a Dega Double Header raceday.
I listened to the crazy finish on Nascar sirrius xm the next 30 minutes down the road.

Back
Top Bottom