Xfinity RACE thread --- Texas

Jesus Christ if Hemric is ever gonna win, today is the day. Get it done son.

Fuel mileage race? Who runs out first?

The guy with 6 wins, especially considering there's one other driver with more than a lone win, being in this position at this point in the season is absolute clown shoes.

And team mates wrecking again

These guys make Bush league players blush.

Nemechek might be in business now. 4th and on the inside with fresher tires.

This track is horrendous. Tied with Kentucky for worst on the circuit in my opinion.

The only multiple time winners in the series and by far the dominant cars of the year are both below the cut line.

It just doesn't work, Racing is too unpredictable, despite the stage points patch band aid or whatever they can come up with. Let the team that worked the hardest had the most points over the season win the damn series. No mickey mouse resets, no regular season winner..shut Burton up PLEASE

Somewhere Tony Stewart has a big ol s*** eating grin and thinking “Well now, didn’t think he had THAT in him”.

About time Custer! Look out at Homestead, he's purty damn good there.

It just doesn't work, Racing is too unpredictable, despite the stage points patch band aid or whatever they can come up with. Let the team that worked the hardest had the most points over the season win the damn series. No mickey mouse resets, no regular season winner..shut Burton up PLEASE
100% agree

I haven't been keeping up, why are there so many cautions, did they do something to the track?

I haven't been keeping up, why are there so many cautions, did they do something to the track?
Bunch of issues. New repave, one groove, I don't think the tire they had was worth a darn there wasn't hardly any grip, and on top of it all on every restart with all of those conditions they were trying to get positions before they got going too fast and had to stay in the one groove.

I noticed Custer gave a lot of thanks to Hass then one time he mentioned Tony.
He gave a lot of credit to Harvick. He watched tapes of Kevin's wins and then asked for Harvick's setup in his car. Paid off with a win.

Why do we need those darn playoffs?
upload_2018-11-4_9-7-31.png

^^^, as I continued to question the latest "chase" system I remember way back a few years in the BC (before chase) years when none of it was around. I remember looking at the scoring and thinking, if so in so driver wrecks out that will move the other driver who is 25 points behind into third place and if this other driver wins, he could move up two places on and on. I would study those standings sheets. I would be able to look at the whole field of drivers, all 40 of them and be able to see say a driver in 25th place 2 or three points behind 24th and be able to follow that "race in a race" the whole season. I know a lot of this wouldn't be something for casual fans. But I don't see why the old system in most instances wouldn't give the talking heads the drama that they need. Keep the "points matter" stage points, make them smaller, (the commercials must go on) and be done with it. I believe I could keep up with the points pretty well during a race if I wanted to, as it is now I really can't and when going to the Nascar site, all I see are a few drivers still in the chase and I have to hunt around to see the rest of the field. When I do find the other drivers, their points are all screwed up and they don't make any sense at a glance. Those races within races that the smaller teams have in the back have no chance what so ever of being discussed as it is now, much less 9th or tenth place positions.

Winning prize money is never discussed like it was years ago, the money for winning the season championship and the final season money for all the places down to 20th have vanished. Sure the deathbedders would have a holiday, but for most sane people, the prize money awarded is important, it is what sets our sport apart from most of the others. Gone are the days of a driver holding this huge paper check with confetti stuck to him and it.

Back
Top Bottom