XFL/USFL to merge

I just wish they'd only have teams in markets the NFL isn't in, and in some smaller markets.
See I have a hard time picking teams if I don’t have one in state. Not really sure where besides Atlanta a team can be in Georgia. So I personally hope Atlanta gets one lol. Unless you have a suggestion for where they can put one.

Makes sense businesswise to me. Stay in your lane and build in the spring.

See I have a hard time picking teams if I don’t have one in state. Not really sure where besides Atlanta a team can be in Georgia. So I personally hope Atlanta gets one lol. Unless you have a suggestion for where they can put one.

The rest of the South roots for the Atlanta Braves so Georgians could return the favor and root for a Southern XFL/USFL team that isn't in GA. It looks like your best option is the Birmingham USFL team.

Makes sense businesswise to me. Stay in your lane and build in the spring.
I agree they should probably avoid competing directly with the NFL by playing in the spring. But to me football is a cold weather game and I just dont get into when it is 90 degree weather.
If the cheerleaders were to go more scantly clad I might reconsider.

I agree they should probably avoid competing directly with the NFL by playing in the spring. But to me football is a cold weather game and I just dont get into when it is 90 degree weather.
If the cheerleaders were to go more scantly clad I might reconsider.

There’s something familiar about a chilly fall day with the Patriots whipping ass on TV.

If I had a team in my city, I'd probably attend several games. Unfortunately the closest team is 5 1/2 hours away in Dallas, so I don't have much interest in traveling that far to a game. We apparently have an arena football team, but I've heard nothing about them. Seems that the NFL and college football do well, but minor league football just isn't a big hit for whatever reason.

I'd rather see a team in Charleston, Hampton, or Roanoke than see a team in Atlanta.

So this tells me that the NFL is helping Redbird find a place for the XFL

I'd rather see a team in Charleston, Hampton, or Roanoke than see a team in Atlanta.

I would also nominate Raleigh/Durham for a Carolina based team. There's a lot of civic pride in Raleigh/Durham (including some who are delusional enough to think they should get an MLB expansion team) so I think they'd rally behind a spring football team. Hampton Roads would also be a good spot. It's the second largest market in Virginia.

I'd like to see a system like MLB (with AAA baseball) or the NBA (with the G-League) where teams have affiliations with USFL/XFL teams and use them to get their rookies into shape or give veterans a try out. If you get drafted but aren't quite ready for primetime, you can play in the spring league to get ready. It's also a great way for a team to get fans in a secondary market excited.

Raleigh/Durham could have the Panthers affiliate, Hampton Roads could have the Commanders affiliate, St. Louis could have the Chiefs affiliate, Birmingham could have the Hawks affiliate, Manchester (NH) could have the Patriots affiliate, Louisville could have the Bengals affiliate, Columbus could have the Cleveland affiliate...etc.

I kind of want to game out what this would look like.

You’re not going to be happy unless it fails are you?
No, no pleasure in it. Just a prediction. I think it’ll fail. Sooner or later it’ll be resurrected once again. I’m not really saying anything we haven’t all seen over time.

No, no pleasure in it. Just a prediction. I think it’ll fail. Sooner or later it’ll be resurrected once again. I’m not really saying anything we haven’t all seen over time.
The first time XFL failed because it was dumb

The second time was COVID. So I think it’s unfair to count that.

The games are actually fun and entertaining.

558433.jpg

I think this new UFL lineup is OK, but they should make a few more changes, the UFL officials said expansion is on the table shortly:

USFL Division:
- Michigan Panthers (Ford Field)
- Birmingham Stallions (Protective Stadium)
- Memphis Showboats (Liberty Bowl)
- Houston Gamblers (Rice Stadium) currently Houston Roughnecks
XFL Division:
- Dallas Renegades (Choctaw Stadium) currently Arlington Renegades
- San Antonio Brahmas (Alamodome)
- St. Louis Battlehawks (The Dome @ America’s Center)
- San Diego Fleet (Snapdragon Stadium) currently DC Defenfers (Audi Field)

United Bowl:
- Will rotate around UFL stadiums (Alamodome, Snapdragon Stadium, Ford Field, The Dome @ America’s Center, Protective Stadium, Rice Stadium, Choctaw Stadium, Liberty Bowl)

TV:
ABC, FOX, ESPN, FS1, FS2, ESPN2

Back
Top Bottom