Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2014 edition

Keep an eye on this UB3 team . He's rippin thru the field and looks like he's shareing notes with Johali . Up 5 and 6 spots per week .I'm thinkin they are getting some insider trading info . No sure that is legal.

I was fortunate to have picked Ambrose, but unfortunate enough to have Kyle Busch, Danica Patrick, AND Tony Stewart. 166 points. I've dropped something like 20 positions in the last 3 weeks.

I had the 24, that was a good choice until his electrical system problems, he probably would have won. But I still got 325. I also had the 9, 47 and 51.

I had the 24, that was a good choice until his electrical system problems, he probably would have won. But I still got 325. I also had the 9, 47 and 51.

Congrats, Captain. :) you kicked butt.

I went with Kyle Busch. He has been gold recently at WG but yesterday it was costly. I caught a lucky break with Gordons break becuse others ahead of me had him.
I was good with Ambrose and Dinger picks. I liked Brad but I wanted to save him for other tracks and use DInger and Ambrose at their best track.
Would have been ok with McDowell he was going get a top 25 before the big one.
Saved Larson and Dillion for non RC tracks.

Not a disaster but still a bad day with 233 points

I had Ambrose, Edwards, Allgaier and benched KyBu for Bowyer at the last minute. I guess it helped me some.

crash and burn: set my lineups for the entire season prior to Daytona. had finally moved back towards the upper middle in the season standing. never checked my lineup prior to heading to my dad's place in SW iowa for the weekend. just got back home after listening to the race on the radio. didn't have a clue on who I might have had selected.

thought I probably had jr. and biffle. i was right. hoped for logano or kez or Hamlin and expected Dillon since most of my Larson picks were aimed at short tracks.

jr and biffle=good
Larson and non-starter stewart=bad

let that be a lesson to all you youngsters out there. always check your lineup before the green flag!

on the bright side: dad and I attended the weekly dirt track races at Shelby county speedway (Harlan, iowa: my birthplace and the hometown of nascar legend tiny lund) after SLMR series special at our nascar home track adams county speedway (corning,ia) was rained out. and dirt racing with dad has always been the best!

The overall season leader Brewster Baker Racing has Hamlin and Dale Jr, and both just got wiped out at Bristol.

I thought I had started Keselowski, but it turns out I had him (and Logano) on my bench. :whoopee:

Despite that, this was one of my strongest races so far this year: 295.

I don't usually do this , but I need to share

bench 1 ; 3 ; 10 ; 12

starters 28 ; 34 ; 36 ; 40

just shoot me

Sorry to hijack, but is anyone interested in playing fantasy football? We need one more person. If interested pm me, or head over to the thread in Sports and Entertainment center. We are looking to draft sometime this week.

Ok Thank you for your time.

Cracked the top 20! :) Only 500 more points and I'll be first in the league. Hopefully someone breaks a shifter...

I lucked out and got 316 points. JJ, Danica, Newman and McMurray. I moved up 3 spots to 5th for the season.

New
I lucked out and got 316 points. JJ, Danica, Newman and McMurray. I moved up 3 spots to 5th for the season.
339 with Kenseth, Newman, McMurray, and Larson - probably my best points day. I moved up 3 spots to 28th for the season.

Finally!!! A bright spot to an otherwise miserable, miserable season. Had I started Gordon (my A-list reserve) over Harvick, I would have finished 1, 2, 3 & 4. Has that ever been done?

But as it stands, with Harvick, I still finished 1, 3, 4 & 5...almost equally as silly.

I got off to such bad starts in the first two segments, I decided to save all my studs. So get ready for 9 straight races worth of Brad, Joey, Larson, A Dillon, and Hendrick Motorsports.

Finally!!! A bright spot to an otherwise miserable, miserable season. Had I started Gordon (my A-list reserve) over Harvick, I would have finished 1, 2, 3 & 4. Has that ever been done?

But as it stands, with Harvick, I still finished 1, 3, 4 & 5...almost equally as silly.

I got off to such bad starts in the first two segments, I decided to save all my studs. So get ready for 9 straight races worth of Brad, Joey, Larson, A Dillon, and Hendrick Motorsports.

You got 382 points! :eek: I wonder what the all-time record is.

The battle for the overall season lead has really tightened up with 8 races to go.

1.Brewster Baker Racing 7,841 (+15)
2.Blanston Racing 7,826 (-15)
3.Patrick/PantiePackerRacin 7,779 (-62)
4.Greg 7,721 (-120)
5.Johali 7,666 (-175)

Don't forget, Gordon_fan_4_life is in 17th and only 449 back from first! ;)

Two winless players in the top three is an affront to fantasy racing. I think Yahoo needs to revamp their championship format.

Back
Top Bottom