Yahoo has discontinued fantasy racing

Are we any closer to new fantasy racing client?

Are we any closer to new fantasy racing client?
@Charlie Spencer has the one that he does.....

https://racing-forums.com/threads/yahoo-has-discontinued-fantasy-racing.61771/#post-1296922

I haven't looked for any others as all the one's that I've played in the past have all been discontinued over the years. I'm not familiar with what is out there these days. If you find a site that peaks your interest, post it and see what kind of response you get. I'm going to start looking next month when we get closer to the time to play.

Nothing wrong with the service, but I wouldn't use the address professionally. It send the message that you're out of date technologically. It's one step up from not having an e-mail address at all in your contact info. You might as well list your fax number :rolleyes:

But what do I know? I'll be double-spacing until I die. :blush:

Well professionally I would just use whatever my work email is. I will say it always throws people for a loop when they see that I'm only 22 and use AOL haha.

Fox cancelled NASCAR Fantasy Auto, too.

I checked out the Fox Fantasy auto from another threadl and noticed the text on the site referred to the 2016 season. There was a contact tab so I contacted them and got a reply. that Fox Fantasy Auto will not return for the 2018 season.
Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas for Fantasy NASCAR with both Yahoo and Fox not sponsoring their games for the 2018 NASCAR season?

Here is the text of Fox's reply.

Hello,

We’re sorry to inform you that FOX Fantasy Auto will not return for the 2018 season.

Thank you for visiting FOX Sports.

Best,
Chris
FOX Sports Customer Support Representative

Oh noes. this is just not good. Im thinking it will be Charlies one or NASCARs own

Well, I'm pretty sure the service I use (FanStar) will run. They sent a couple of e-mails offering the 2018 season at a 20% discount for early renewals.

If sports-based fantasy games are in decline overall, the NFL may have more long-term trouble than NASCAR. The rise of fantasy football has done major damage to fans' loyalty to individual players and entire teams. It's no longer about what team someone supports, or what individual player is his or her favorite. It's about who I was able to draft this season, and trade for and start this week, subject to change next week.

Okay, I dug into my records. Going into the 2017 season, we had the rug yanked out from under our league when RealTime Fantasy Racing went under with less than 6 weeks of notice. At that time, I checked as many possible sites as I could find. Obviously, Yahoo and Fox are gone. For whatever it's worth, these are the other four I found:

• FanStar, the service my league uses.
  • NASCAR - I assume everyone is familiar with it. Personally, I find their scoring system too complicated to follow.
  • RaceScore - http://www.racescore.com/ - Free as of last season. Scoring is by car, not by driver. I've used this one in the past but I personally felt the interface was kind of clunky. I'd use them again if I didn't have any other option.
  • Fantrax - https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/games/season-long/nascar - Free as of last season. I don't remember much about this one. Apparently there was something that put me off, since I chose to go with a paid service instead.
Oh, and @DanicaFreak , I've set up a PayPal account if you're still interested.

tried fantrax kinda like their interface

if the board wants to join chariles pay league I will join of course.

If sports-based fantasy games are in decline overall, the NFL may have more long-term trouble than NASCAR. The rise of fantasy football has done major damage to fans' loyalty to individual players and entire teams. It's no longer about what team someone supports, or what individual player is his or her favorite. It's about who I was able to draft this season, and trade for and start this week, subject to change next week.
It's about $$

A new league that is close to Yahoo is avaliable, 98% or more like the Yahoo.

The season will be a 35 race campaign, all but today's race.

Back
Top Bottom