Yahoooo --- I'm back online.

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Finally got a tech to come out and his test proved that I had no download speed. They had to reset the card in the carrier. I knew it wasn't my problem.

Cox cable is famous for blaming your equipment, not theirs, for not being able to connect to the internet. I have to reboot their modem at least once a day, sometimes more, yet they find nothing wrong with it. Maybe it is my computer,,or the old one downstairs,,,or my son's 2 laptops.

Guess I have a bunch of computers that all have the same problem that needs to be fixed or repaired.:sarcasm:

My internet does not go down very often but when it does it really chaps my hide :mad:
Welcome back! :)

His internet does not go down very often, but when it does, he drinks Dos Equis. He is the most interesting man in the world.:D

Cox cable is famous for blaming your equipment, not theirs, for not being able to connect to the internet. I have to reboot their modem at least once a day, sometimes more, yet they find nothing wrong with it. Maybe it is my computer,,or the old one downstairs,,,or my son's 2 laptops.

Guess I have a bunch of computers that all have the same problem that needs to be fixed or repaired.:sarcasm:

It could be your cable modem. Mine was doing the same thing a few years ago, they said their equipment was good, and suggested i get a new modem. I did, my internet has gone down maybe three times since, and that was three or four years ago.

I first rented their modem way back when, 10 bucks a month for over three years then they sold it to me, can't remember exactly what I paid, then we moved. They supplied a new modem as the one I had paid for wouldn't work on this leg of their system. Then they upgraded and supplied yet another new modem. That's the one that needs to be rebooted daily.
Now they want me to buy another modem, I say BS, I'll go to FIOS, DSL,dialup, smoke signals before I do that.

I first rented their modem way back when, 10 bucks a month for over three years then they sold it to me, can't remember exactly what I paid, then we moved. They supplied a new modem as the one I had paid for wouldn't work on this leg of their system. Then they upgraded and supplied yet another new modem. That's the one that needs to be rebooted daily.
Now they want me to buy another modem, I say BS, I'll go to FIOS, DSL,dialup, smoke signals before I do that.

Well, good luck with that, have fun getting disconnected:rolleyes:

we go through a AT&T DSL modem every 6-8 months. Actually, it's about time for this one to cough and die. We've lived here since July 2008, and this is our 5th modem.

The U-verse they put in a few months ago, the neighbors all say it drops every couple hours. One of my former co-workers (Actually the guy I replaced) lives a mile or two away and said the same thing with his.

we go through a AT&T DSL modem every 6-8 months. Actually, it's about time for this one to cough and die. We've lived here since July 2008, and this is our 5th modem.

The U-verse they put in a few months ago, the neighbors all say it drops every couple hours. One of my former co-workers (Actually the guy I replaced) lives a mile or two away and said the same thing with his.

I only went thru 1 AT&T modem in abot 5 years but I'm sure I have less going thru mine.Put in U-Verse about 2 months ago and haven't noticed any real problems with it.

I only went thru 1 AT&T modem in abot 5 years but I'm sure I have less going thru mine.Put in U-Verse about 2 months ago and haven't noticed any real problems with it.

Uverse quality varies by area.

Yea, pretty sure you have less thruput. figure that's why we kill ours- during the day when all 4 computers are on, it's occasionally too hot to touch.

On my computer alone, I have the timekeeper and bandwidth keeper-

Online time: 5 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes

Transmitted: 4.1 GB of data
Received: 14.8 GB of data.

Avg: 0.8 GB transmit per day, 2.87 GB received per day

Now add mom's computer, dad's computer, dad's work computer, my server, my laptop, and my phone.

Back
Top Bottom