Yates to run Roush Cars

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Yates gets a Roush Chassis, to run Roush cars; 'big-name' driver ready to sign? The team [Robert Yates Racing] has been heavily involved with youngsters Matt McCall and Stephen Leicht, who have been running a combination of Busch and ARCA races in trying to get them ready for the Cup level. But with neither driver ready to step in to replace Jarrett, who will depart next year for Toyota, they both could end up elsewhere sooner rather than later. “Some of it was really the decision of mine is to try and get the two Cup teams right and have maybe one Busch team and get rid of the other stuff,” Robert Yates said. “Our great plans were to do all this stuff, but it wasn’t working, so we took all the energy and took it and relocated it. It’s all an effort to perform better. We are not going to run ARCA. We are going to focus on our two Cup deals and the #90 car (Busch). That will be shared between Elliott and both of our drivers. I’m working very hard to get full-time Busch work for both of the development drivers (Leicht and McCall) because they need to be running every week.” One immediate mechanical change is that the team has purchased its first Roush Racing chassis and will begin using Roush cars. They are also searching for a driver to replace Jarrett and, perhaps, a new sponsor if UPS moves on. Robert Yates hinted that he had a big-name driver ready to sign on the bottom line — if the team can improve its results.(Speed Channel)(5-27-2006)

Seems to me 'Ol Jack found a new way around a new rule. If they limit the number of cars per owner, become two owners :)
More power to them Ford boys.

Back
Top Bottom