Lebron James's performance

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Coffee Warlord

So what did everyone think of Lebron's first game in the NBA last night?

I didn't submit a vote. I cannot honestly answer this question having never watched this young man play basketball.

Did he stand there looking like a dork like in his Nike commercial? Talk about a 24 second violation.

I voted Yay, he scored more points than anyone out there and made some good moves on the court.

I'll wait a few games before we can compare him and Carmello Anthony.

46 points in his first two games? Damn, that's pretty good.

If only Lebron werent stuck in such a lackluster team then he'd be set for stardom.

The kid is definitely the real deal. He is unbelievably strong for an 18 year old. He is 6'8" and 240 lbs and very quick and athletic.

It will be interesting to see how the losing will affect him mentally. LeBron's high school team lost a total of one game in his 4 years of high school. He has doubled that loss total in his first two nights in the NBA. The Cavaliers have a ton of young, athletic players with a lot of talent.

If they can learn to play together and get better in the half court they can win a few games this year. They are at their best when they are running full speed. They seem to want to play defense, but haven't been coached to play defense in so long it is sort of new to them. They have the ability. If they can pull it together they should be fun to watch.

i actually wrote an essay on overpaid athletes. He may be good, young, and talented but does he have the maturity level to make it pro? I just hope he doesn't do something stupid because he is not thinking about the bigger picture. So many kids are looking up to him.

Originally posted by Coffee Warlord@Oct 31 2003, 01:28 AM

If only Lebron werent stuck in such a lackluster team then he'd be set for stardom.
I wonder if he'll end up with the Lakers when his contract runs out?

I doubt it, Cleveland will try to keep him so they could build their team around him.

Originally posted by Coffee Warlord@Oct 31 2003, 02:28 AM

it took a few years and a supporting cast before MJ won championships

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 31 2003, 11:30 PM
it took a few years and a supporting cast before MJ won championships
Don't you talk dirty to me about "championships". As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan I have been teased so many times it isn't funny. He is definitely a great piece to build a championship team around though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom