Yeeeoooouch!!!! Truex penalty expected to be "at least 150 points."

D

Digger

ESPN said:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Martin Truex Jr.'s bid to make the championship chase is expected to get much tougher after NASCAR announces penalties for the No. 1 car next week.

Sources close to the situation said on Saturday that Truex's team is likely to be docked at least 150 points, the same penalty Haas CNC Racing was given in May, after his car failed to pass the initial inspection process at Daytona International Raceway.

Truex entered Saturday night's Sprint Cup race 14th in points, 71 out of the top 12 guaranteed a spot in the 10-race playoff and 97 out of ninth place. There are only eight races left before the field is set following Daytona.

Sounds like someone ain't up to playin' games. :eek:

TAKE NOTES: DO NOT try to get even the littlest micro tenth of a millimeter past NASCAR, they will find out.

It's hard to believe they don't have the "right" template back at the shop. Too bad for Martin.

The problem is as close as the templates have to fit, something could have happened to that car that was unnoticed and effected that part of the car.

I doubt it, but it could have :)

Maybe DEI borrowed Chad from HMS to come over and help with the car...

Maybe DEI borrowed Chad from HMS to come over and help with the car...

giggle.gif

Funny that these things are never noticed at, say, Bristol, yet are noticed at Daytona. Yea, right. Someone got caught massaging the roof and will now make the entire team pay the price. The one I feel sorry for is Truex. Hopefully he can make his exit to RCR gracefully.

Funny that these things are never noticed at, say, Bristol, yet are noticed at Daytona. Yea, right. Someone got caught massaging the roof and will now make the entire team pay the price. The one I feel sorry for is Truex. Hopefully he can make his exit to RCR gracefully.

Truex is definitely the big loser in this one. Too bad.

This will probably be the final nail in the coffin that is DEI. This will be just another reason to leave DEI and hopefully go to RCR,

Back
Top Bottom