YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway Pre-Race

When the MPD, who has the reputation of being extremely corporate and vanilla calls you out…

Bell/Larson front row

1664639562835.png

There’s been talk of a Driver’s strike at Tallageda. Not gonna happen…but what if the field continued to pace after the checkered flag drops. Just one lap, then go in the restart zone. Will fuel a discussion of “why?”

There’s been talk of a Driver’s strike at Tallageda. Not gonna happen…but what if the field continued to pace after the checkered flag drops. Just one lap, then go in the restart zone. Will fuel a discussion of “why?”
Get a grip lol. We all know they are going to stop their cars and run around them twice and then get back in.

Who's been talking? Any drivers or owners, or just people on Twitter and reddit with no connection to the garage? Sources, please.

Based on other posts here, NASCAR, owners, and drivers are already talking.

Who's been talking? Any drivers or owners, or just people on Twitter and reddit with no connection to the garage? Sources, please.

Based on other posts here, NASCAR, owners, and drivers are already talking.
I’ve haven’t seen one NASCAR credentialed media member on social media allude to this rumor since they got to Dega. It’s a wet dream of a segment of the fan base that wants anarchy, drama and chaos. I think we can all agree the car isn’t as safe as we were led to believe and the drivers have a right to be miffed. But they’re not going to strike, that’s make believe

I’ve haven’t seen one NASCAR credentialed media member on social media allude to this rumor since they got to Dega. It’s a wet dream of a segment of the fan base that wants anarchy, drama and chaos. I think we can all agree the car isn’t as safe as we were led to believe and the drivers have a right to be miffed. But they’re not going to strike, that’s make believe
Don’t bite the Golden Goose until the meat thermometer gives you the go-ahead.

There are problems much bigger than I thought with NASCAR right now. I thought that the sport had evolved from Big Bill days. I don't think it has. Safety was an issue for the drivers before this thing took to the track....and now during the most important part of the year, here we are. I think the drivers have been talking, but NASCAR has shut them down. Don't know if anything happens this year, but I wonder if they refuse to go to Daytona unless something changes.

Doesn't seem to have kept your boy Denny quiet.

Yeah, no.
....and your thoughts on certainly not my boy Harvick?.....and I wouldn't rule a Daytona boycott out....In the words of Steve Kerr.....Young people are connected and united. They aren't having it anymore.

Your reference. If you don’t care if I kniw, I don’t.
Head Coach, Golden State Warriors. Couldn't find the specific quote as it was early in the Black Lives Matter movement, but was respectful and real about young people in this country. They are smart and connected. We are seeing this with the drivers--who are largely young people....traditionally pushed around, but no more IMO. NASCAR tries to run this like the good ole boy days, and I think it bites them.

Back
Top Bottom