YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway Pre-Race

This is a problem.

Two drivers out of playoffs due to mild to moderate hits. This car is a disaster. The drivers have been saying it all along, but they’ve been shushed. Honestly can’t believe Gragson took the fill in ride given his comments. I guess the siren’s call of a Hendrick ride is that strong.

The car just isn't absorbing energy, resulting in more being transfered to the driver
The rear corners/frame on the car were reinforced to protect the transaxle after the first race at the clash. The reinforcements were done because two transaxles failed because of impacts in the Clash race at the coliseum. So Kurt and now Alex have hit the worst/stiffest part of the car to have an accident at the rear corners and suffered concussions because of it.
The current car also has 2 crossmembers and some supporting tubing intended to solid-mount the transaxle assembly ... none of which exist on previous chassis.

The current car also has 2 crossmembers and some supporting tubing intended to solid-mount the transaxle assembly ... none of which exist on previous chassis.
I’m NOT an engineer, but surely the monocoque carbon fiber chassis is contributory

Two drivers out of playoffs due to mild to moderate hits. This car is a disaster. The drivers have been saying it all along, but they’ve been shushed. Honestly can’t believe Gragson took the fill in ride given his comments. I guess the siren’s call of a Hendrick ride is that strong.
Gragson has been driving a cup car a lot this year. He said he isn't driving it hard because he is trying to stay healthy for Xfinity. He's well aware of what the cup car is about.

Gragson has been driving a cup car a lot this year. He said he isn't driving it hard because he is trying to stay healthy for Xfinity. He's well aware of what the cup car is about.
Makes me think the deal with him and Mr H is to just go out and ride so the Ally logo is visible to satisfy a contract.

Reactions: Pat
I think you should develop carbon fiber dental implants, Doc.
If they’d work, I’d love to have the patent. Fortunately coated titanium works wonders. 😉. Hey, I let someone else research and clear them with the fda. I just place them. 😎

1664507918952.png

Reactions: Pat
This race legitimately worries me even more so than the first Dega race this season. I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

I had similar feelings about the Indycar Texas race that took Wheldon’s life and this upcoming race has my stomach in even more knots…I almost do not want to even watch this race and that is not a feeling any fan should have with today’s safety technology.

This race legitimately worries me even more so than the first Dega race this season. I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

I had similar feelings about the Indycar Texas race that took Wheldon’s life and this upcoming race has my stomach in even more knots…I almost do not want to even watch this race and that is not a feeling any fan should have with today’s safety technology.
This is where I'm at. I'm not watching this one tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Teams should put 6500 RPM chip in. Ride around at 175-180 in one long line. Nobody pass anyone. Finish as you started.
I respect your opinion (assuming no sarcasm) but treading lightly is not the answer. If sarcasm, then I agree

Wheldon died in Vegas...

Friday, Sept. 30
1:01 a.m., Race for the Championship: Hometown Glory (re-air), USA Network
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Talladega Superspeedway, USA Network, NBC Sports App

Saturday, Oct. 1

6 a.m., Race for the Championship: Hometown Glory (re-air), USA Network
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Trucks (re-air), FS1
6:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Talladega (re-air), FS1
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1987 Winston 500 (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Talladega Superspeedway, NBC Sports App
12 p.m., IMSA Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, NBC, NBC Sports App, Peacock
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Talladega, FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Chevy Silverado 250 at Talladega, FS1
3 p.m., NCWTS post-race show: Talladega, FS1
3:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Talladega, USA Network
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Sparks 300 at Talladega, USA Network, NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race show, USA Network
7 p.m., IMSA Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, USA Network, NBC Sports App
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Chevy Silverado 250 at Talladega (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Chevy Silverado 250 at Talladega
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Sparks 300 at Talladega

I don't approve of Noah Gragson stepping out of the Beard Motorsports #62 to hop in the 48 for Talladega. He has been the regular driver of the 62 for several years at plate tracks. They gave him that ride when he had nothing going on at all for Cup races. Sunday is his last contracted race with Beard, and I think he shoulda honored his deal with them.

Noah is also scheduled with Kaulig for Las Vegas, Homestead, Martinsville, and Phoenix. He should honor that schedule as well IMO.

So he should break the commitment he had to be Hendricks back up driver from the beginning of the season?

Cody Ware: Fractures ankle in Texas crash
Also Cody Ware: Still going to race at Talladega

What could possibly go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom