YES! jeffys first provisional!

J

j ozzman 5000

jeffyboys human after all and not a demon like some people think.
but it is a coincadence that nemachek has a good qualify
while jeff has a bad start.
i bet ya nemachek stole jeffys car and gave jeffy his piece of crap #25
next up! jeffys first race missed.

Don't think he will be missing a race, unless due to an injury, for a very very long time.

Jeff has nothing to prove to anyone.He is a great race car driver.He is just getting older,and proves that he is human.He was lucky enough to have found a car owner who had the money no matter how he got it to put him in good equipment.Jeff will be in Nascar forever,It will pay the bills to give him what he loves.I just hope his nose doesn't fall off in public in the next ten years.;)

Today just wasn't Jeff's day.

As my dear granny would say --- "Some days it's chicken, some days it's feathers." Today, Jeff only got the feathers.

He will come back strong.

Originally posted by pbunch
Jeff has nothing to prove to anyone.He is a great race car driver.He is just getting older,and proves that he is human.He was lucky enough to have found a car owner who had the money no matter how he got it to put him in good equipment.Jeff will be in Nascar forever,It will pay the bills to give him what he loves.I just hope his nose doesn't fall off in public in the next ten years.;)

i'd love to see jeffys nose fall off!
"jeffy jackson", michaels lost brother.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000
i'd love to see jeffys nose fall off!
"jeffy jackson", michaels lost brother.

Now that was close to bashing my friend.But your observation could use a tune up.;)

Bash all you want..........but Jeffie has more Cup titles in him before he leave NASCAR:) If fact, I bet he becomes the driver to beat for most Championship Trophies in another ten years!:)

Get used to Jeffie being around for a long time........with his nose too!!:D

Originally posted by pbunch
Now that was close to bashing my friend.But your observation could use a tune up.;)

how was that bashing
and how could my observation be tuned up?
i'm sorry anyways.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000
how was that bashing
and how could my observation be tuned up?
i'm sorry anyways.

there are a few of us who are j.gordon fans!:)

Originally posted by majestyx
give me a break 66, there are really more than a few and you fully know that!!!:D

I know majestyx, I was just teasing.:p

There was already 2 posts referring to this subject that you are so concerned about, why make another one?

Let's see,

10 years in Cup

4 Championships

1 Provisional

Yes, I can see why you are concerned:p

Originally posted by Gordon Fan
There was already 2 posts referring to this subject that you are so concerned about, why make another one?

Let's see,

10 years in Cup

4 Championships

1 Provisional

Yes, I can see why you are concerned:p

Ya, we figured out this season that he is human.

Mustang, you obviously haven't been around any Jeffie fans in an intimate way........Jeffie IS NOT HUMAN!! He's about 500 notches above that mere state of being!!

I know........I'm married to one!!:)

It's a losing battle.:(

As I stated in one of the other threads about this, the fact that this is his first provisional is probably the most impressive of his accomplishments in my eyes. That's just unheard of.

On the other hand, I'm glad it happened for 2 reasons. 1, I just don't like him very much, though he has been much more tolerable this year. 2, I was sick of hearing that he never had taken a provisional. :)

its good for people to see that you are mortal, maybe he'll even receive some sympathy, MAYBE:satisfied

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Mustang, you obviously haven't been around any Jeffie fans in an intimate way........Jeffie IS NOT HUMAN!!  He's about 500 notches above that mere state of being!!

I know........I'm married to one!!:)  

It's a losing battle.:(

My sympathies :) I don't think I could date a Jeff Gordon fan. Kinda would remind me of the Rusty commercial :D

As much as I loathe Gordon, I admit the man is one of the best. We can debate money and backing all we want, the bottom line is the sucker can drive. Just not as well as Tony;)

Yes he can drive Mingo, but the point is that any number of other drivers could have done just as well driving such a powerful car. Not saying the advantage was unfair, (speed cost how fast ya wanna go?) only pointing out there was one.

At least King Richard freely admits the main reason for his success. Something I am almost certain the jeff will never do.

And now what with parity, almost totally spec cars, and without the Ray, I seriously doubt the kid will win another. The obviously highest funded team in motorsports (along with a whole bunch of lifelong Cup car owners) humbled by a former football coach that knew nothing of racing just a few short years ago. Even Jack in The Hat with all his gazillions got nothing for The Coach.

There comes a time when more money cannot be thrown at a car, when more money makes an even smaller difference. That time has come, and so the jeff, the crown prince of nascar racing will never ascend the throne, and will in my opinion lose his title soon enuf.

Don't get me wrong 71 I agree with you. He's got the best ride in NASCAR. I think he might win one more, we'll see.

While money does play a significant role in the abilities of team to consistently have the best available pieces, it does not give any team the ability to employ that technology in the best possible manner.

Dupont raised the bar, but other teams have risen to meet that bar as well. It for that reason that MM now sports Pfizer spnsorhsip rather than Valvoline and DJ now runs the UPS colors rather the Ford Quality Care or Ford Credit logos just as examples.

What the #24 team was able to do goes beyond just the money. For so many years they were able to have the car setup well enough to qualify on speed alone. It also means that Jeff never once in all those laps put a wheel so wrong as to spin the car or comse so close to it as to make a run not good enough to make the field. It means that as the track would change from practice to qualifying the team not once adjusted in the wrong direction and came up empty. And did so under the guidance of of two crew chiefs, not just one.

Money plays no part in any of those factors. Is money a factor? Certainly. To belittle the accomplishment by proclaiming it to be THE factor is not justifiable.

Don't be surprised to see the 24 car running near the front today...Jeff has done some amazing things with a car....

Well said Hardscrabble:D

And fergy1370, I would be real surprised to see Gordon running up front today, since the race is tommorow!:p

Being married to one of those Jeffie fans, I'm afraid I will be "eating it" a few more times when that little sucker wins some Championships!:( With at least ten more good years of racing left in him........I would NEVER say he will not ascend the throne again.:) One, at the very least.....probably more (maybe even more than my all time favorite has accomplished).

Well yes he did Paul. Kevin Harvick won in Dale's setups, Jamie Mac in Sterlings. The cars are changing and now the sets that were so successful are gone.

Keep it simple.

While the run was impressive, it must be remembered that the jeff only has one more Cup than David Pearson, Darrell Waltrip, and Cale Yarborough, and 3 less than both Richard and Dale while driving against a far less formidable list of opponents.

Another thing that one might want to consider is that in Tony's short Cup career he has amassed more wins than the jeff did in the same time period.

And yes, I lead a very hollow life. I have been waiting for the jeff's humanity to show for quite some time. The ivory walls are crumbling and it is at least interesting to watch. You see, I've seen champs taken down before. Most do it with a dignity that proves they were worthy of their crowns. Most have taught me about humility and the courage it takes to carry on. It's going to interesting to watch jeff's slide. Will he fade in to obscurity with dignity? Or will he go as a fool who waited too long?

I'll go with the former simply because the man is no fool.:)

Originally posted by 71Fan

Another thing that one might want to consider is that in Tony's short Cup career he has amassed more wins than the jeff did in the same time period.  

THere was a thread started about this awhile back. Since 1999 jeff has had 18 wins, while tony has 15 or 16.

also if you want to compare there first 4 years jeff had 19 wins after his first 4 years in cup.

(Im not trying to take away from tonys acomplishments he is a great and talented driver also)

And if anyone didn't notice he finised in top 10 in points this year with 3 wins. Ray has been gone for years, he didn't leave last year.

I would bet jeff will be at the top of his game for years to come.

Another quote
While the run was impressive, it must be remembered that the jeff only has one more Cup than David Pearson, Darrell Waltrip, and Cale Yarborough, and 3 less than both Richard and Dale while driving against a far less formidable list of opponents.

Dale sr hasn't been gone that long, he raced through most of jeffs carreer.

anyway all we can do is watch and see.

I was speaking of Jeff's first 4 years. Gordon had 15, not 18 wins in his first four years according to my sources, Stew has 15....had to go check, I thought jeff only had 14....my mistake.

As for Dale, Gordon's wins against Dale came at a time when many were considering that Dale was washed up

ALso many thought he would start winning like he used to if he wouldn't have died at that race.

Jeffs first 4 years
Winston Cup Career Statistics
Year Races Wins Top5 Top10 Money Won Poles

1993 30 0 7 11 $765,168 1
1994 31 2 7 14 $1,779,523 1
1995 31 7 17 23 $4,347,343 8
1996 31 10 21 24 $3,428,485 5

Originally posted by Gordon Fan
Well said Hardscrabble:D  

And fergy1370, I would be real surprised to see Gordon running up front today, since the race is tommorow!:p

:eek:

Well, maybe my today is your tomorrow.....

Or something like that. :D

yer right smack....I went to count again....it was 10....musta had rayray in his corner:D

71Fan, I must disagree. The 90's are a lot tougher to dominate in than the 70's. If all these rules applied back then (i.e. 1/8 inch) etc., those guys wouldn't have dominated like they did. Petty used to race 3 and 4 times a week! Petty and Pearson both would probably admit that with the scrutiny of inspections and mandates nowadays, it would have been a lot tougher to wipe the competition as easily as they did. I am not trying to demean them, just making an honest opinion.

And when Jeff came to cup, it was a brand new team, not an established one. People are so quick to deny the driver by spinning in with the highest funded car b.s. and so on. And Ray was great, no doubt, that's why Jeff brought him in, but he has been gone for a few years and Jeff has won a championship without him.

But if as all Ray, why isn't Elliot running for a cup? He is still a very good driver!

Jeff is gonna be around for another 10 years and he will be competitive.:D

Never said he won't be competitive. Am saying that I will be surprised if he wins another Cup. He's had his time in the sun, and how he stands after the sun sets is how he will be remembered.

IMO he cannot even be compared to the legends of the sport, no matter his on track accomplishments. Oh, he will be one. The PR boys have made sure of that. But comparing the driver of purpose built racing machine to the stock car drivers that helped bring the sport to life is like comparing apples to oranges.

Back
Top Bottom