YF Group - racing-forums.com - Auto Club 400

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Thank God again for 400 miles at this venue.

Don't forget to get those picks in.

Deadline to select your drivers is Mar 23 2:00am PDT

OK, 'Team IDKS' has been on top long enough. Can he carry the measly 37 point lead through the end of Fontana. The end of Fontana..... That sounds pretty good but I digress. Where's my pillow for this one? I sure hope that I can stay awake to get my picks in before this one even starts.

wooooooooooooooo.........................AJ ;).

Don't forget to get those picks in.

Deadline to select your drivers is Mar 23 2:00am PDT

OK, 'Team IDKS' has been on top long enough. Can he carry the measly 37 point lead through the end of Fontana. The end of Fontana..... That sounds pretty good but I digress. Where's my pillow for this one? I sure hope that I can stay awake to get my picks in before this one even starts.
his rabbit's gona jump out sunday,LOL.

You pray every week, and the good lord lets you down. IDKS rules! :D

You caught a great race. I hope you had fun.

It should be a race that is free of DRAH-MAH and one where horsepower is KING - and fuel mileage is Prince!

I normally feel that the DORF Brigade has the edge at MIS and Fontucky. But The Captain always seems to have a say at the track that he built in Sunny Southern California!

There will be snow on the mountains and unburnt hydrocarbons in the air! Don't get much better than that!!!

Boogity Boogity Boogity! Let's dive off into Turn One at 205MPH, Boys!!!

This will always be the case. EFI has certainly done nothing to alleviate either of these two issues.

And I (unlike many who cry and moan whenever fuel strategy determines the outcome of a 400 or 500 mile race) LOVE that aspect of NA$$CAR rassin!!!

This will always be the case. EFI has certainly done nothing to alleviate either of these two issues.

IDK, fuel mileage is up and engines are a bit easier to tune when a team has access to all those numbers and a PC instead of reading plugs and depending on hired talent to turn some screws. Aero is the real factor, so I'll be looking at teams known for their aero packages. That's a hint boys. :cool:

And I (unlike many who cry and moan whenever fuel strategy determines the outcome of a 400 or 500 mile race) LOVE that aspect of NA$$CAR rassin!!!
I agree totally.

IDK, fuel mileage is up and engines are a bit easier to tune when a team has access to all those numbers and a PC instead of reading plugs and depending on hired talent to turn some screws.
Fuel mileage races are not a thing of the past with the implementation of EFI. There have always been and will continue to be fuel mileage races as long a a tank of fuel can't carry the car to the end of the race. It gets no simpler than that. I don't care how many numbers they have or how they tune that engine.

Aero is ONE factor - but most certainly not THE factor...

You better hope fuel mileage isn't THE factor, because Toyota (and Ford) has a problem with that.
HP is so close with the top teams, I just don't see it as a key factor. A slick car will get you both speed and fuel mileage.

Fuel mileage races are not a thing of the past with the implementation of EFI. There have always been and will continue to be fuel mileage races as long a a tank of fuel can't carry the car to the end of the race. It gets no simpler than that. I don't care how many numbers they have or how they tune that engine.

True, but the further the cars go on a tank, the less likely fuel will be an issue. It's a numbers game, but anything can happen. But the more laps a gassed car has to catch a liming fuel mileage car, the less likely the race will be won by the limping car.

That's the way I figure it. Who knows.

True, but the further the cars go on a tank, the less likely fuel will be an issue. It's a numbers game, but anything can happen. But the more laps a gassed car has to catch a liming fuel mileage car, the less likely the race will be won by the limping car.

That's the way I figure it. Who knows.

TIRES, TIRES, TIRES

It's all based upon how long a driver can stay competitive with his set of tires. If the tires don't wear out before the fuel tank runs dry, then we will see fuel mileage determine the winner. If the tires wear out before the tank runs dry, we will see the winner determined by who can best manage their tires.

It's the STRATEGY that makes the race interesting!

I got a funny email from Yahoo.

Hello,
If you would like to pick new drivers for this week's race (Auto Club 400), you must make your changesby Fri Mar 23 2:00am PDT.
For detailed information on this race, check out the Yahoo! Sports coverage at http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar.
For exclusive expert advice on setting your roster, check out the Driver & Weekly Previews at http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/schedule.

Their "experts" are ranked
66,398 Dan Beaver 975 -2,862
114,253 Jay Busbee 915 +17
116,487 Jay Hart 912 -47,044

TIRES, TIRES, TIRES

It's all based upon how long a driver can stay competitive with his set of tires. If the tires don't wear out before the fuel tank runs dry, then we will see fuel mileage determine the winner. If the tires wear out before the tank runs dry, we will see the winner determined by who can best manage their tires.

It's the STRATEGY that makes the race interesting!
now tire strategy's grrrrrrr8,fuel mileage races suck.

now tire strategy's grrrrrrr8,fuel mileage races suck.

It's all a part of racing!! I'm fine with fuel strategy playing into the dertimination of the winner, just like I am fine with tire strategy playing a role.

Busch and Edwards are both ahead of Johnson in driver distribution. It looks as though people are losing faith in Kahne but maybe he'll get it in gear after most have exhausted their 9 Biffle picks - which appears to be after Richmond ;)

As for fuel mileage, I guess that's just the way it goes but I tend to lean more toward the fastest car crossing the finish line first. Maybe there's something to "slow and steady wins the race" after all.

As for fuel mileage, I guess that's just the way it goes but I tend to lean more toward the fastest car crossing the finish line first. Maybe there's something to "slow and steady wins the race" after all.

I enjoy 3 or 4 guys trying to steal a win on fuel mileage while the fast cars bust it to catch up. I don't enjoy when 80% of the field is limping around for the last 20.

Light those candles and burn some incense before making your picks this week. You're gonna need all the help you can get. :D

No thanks, FB. I'm covered.

giftpack_productsplash.png

I will never forget hiking in the mountains. We stopped for a water break, and I broke out the baby powder. Everbody started to laugh at me while i dusted my under carriage. They thought I was a joke until I asked them if their crotch was getting a little sweaty from the heat. Next thing you know, everybody had their hand out for some.

Back
Top Bottom