Yo Hardscrabble....Kim Crosby Update

71Fan

First off, hoping all is well with you and yours and that the new year treats you with kindness. Mike got a set-up jig for his car for Christmas and was really amazed at how far off his calculations were.

Ok then, on to the update......The deal with Keith Coleman who supposedly bought the old Dr. Pepper team for her fell thru. Kim said after finding out the Dr. Pepper shop was still for sale, she and her husband went to check out the auction and most all the stuff was junk with only two partially put together cars anyways.

Kim is entered in the Daytona ARCA race Feb 7th. She will be driving the 06 car. Wayne Peterson owns the 06 number but not sure if she is running the old 71 car she got from Dave or one of Wayne's. She did talk earlier about how she had purchased a motor from Vern Slaugh of Performance Technology out of Michigan tho.

She will be driving this year for BCR13 with Total Race Babe as her primary sponsor. The team has purchased an 03 Pontiac from Brewco and will Busch test Daytona Tues. and Wed. The motor program is from somebody named Fisher. If the car don't cut it they are going to purchase an 04 after the test.

Yup, I said Busch test. Scheduled debut is Dega but who knows if the test goes well. Tentative plans are part time Busch and part time Truck. No formal announcement till after testing. Not sure where this leaves Conrad Burr.

And will ya listen to this....joining her will be Carl Long as co-crew chief along with Tom Clavette (her regular crew chief from MAR) and Mike Cowen (also from MAR).That's right, Carl Long. One of the most dedicated and under rated Winston Cup drivers ever. As you know, the guy almost did more with nothin than even ol Wingtips himself.
That that guy could take used cars on a shoestring budget and even qualify against the big boys is a feat few can even claim.

Anyways, you might want to keep your fingers crossed that all goes well Tues and Wed.

Attachments

• kim_showroom_pic.jpe
    kim_showroom_pic.jpe
    43.7 KB · Views: 54
Just checked my email......Kim sez the plan is to also run the Hershey's Kisses 300. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Great to see ya post again 71 and thanks for the update on Kim! Best of luck to her! :bounce:

It's Official...... :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://bcr13.com/

Kim Crosby Named New Black Cat Driver
Press Release
January 22, 2004

Jackson, TN – Black Cat Racing(BCR) is pleased to announce that female driver sensation Kim Crosby will take over the drivers seat of the Black Cat Racing #13 entry effective immediately. This comes after original driver Conrad Burr has changed his plans in order to pursue other opportunities. Black Cat Racing wishes him the best of luck.

Crosby tested at Daytona on January 20 with BCR, with satisfying results. Kim turned the fastest lap of the session, however the time was disallowed when it was discovered that the restrictor plate was slightly over specifications. With the correction being made, the team knows they will be competitive in their debut at the Hershey’s Kisses 300 at Daytona on February 14.

Kim Crosby’s official site is located at http://www.crosbymotorsports.com, and you can find Black Cat Racing’s official site at http://www.bcr13.com.

Ok then.....let me see if I can do this yet.....long night.....

Former driver Conrad Burr and Rhea Fain had a difference of opinion concerning the speedway car. Rhea called Jay Robinson who called a guy named Drew who leased a Pontiac to Rhea for the test.

Kim went out to shake the car down. Sez on the getty-up it felt really fast and stable so she let her rip. Second lap was 3rd fastest on the speed chart........the 3rd lap was 1st on the speed chart for the day at 181.something. The officials were waiting when she pulled back in to the garage.

" Let's just say, someone had told my team owner that morning that they didn't think I would have the hoo-haa's (my word) to hold it down on the floor. Guess they know better now!!!!!!!!!!!"

Benny Parsons came over as they were confiscating the plate and said, "not so fast Kimberly!".....He offered her some good advice at her first Kentucky ARCA race. Whoever Dennis Fisher is, he told them the car was 15hp down to the leaders.

They tried to get in qualifying trim after that but the car would only get to 175 and they only ran 14 laps. Sez that Good equipment is EVERYTHING! and that she will be in a Chevy with a GOOD motor when she returns.

I hope she proves all the nay-sayers wrong! Way to go Kim!

Thanks for keeping us up to day, 71fan! :D

Not doing anything in particular so I went searching for news on the Kimster.

found this http://www.slidellsentry.com/articles/2003...export12798.txt

Got a note from her yesterday and she is also really concerned about the impression the oversize plate may have left on some. Said that when she went thru inspection they didn't even lift the hood. Was also really
nervous when a guy from Hutchinson Pagan showed up to accuse Drew (the guy they leased the Pontiac from for the test) of stealing a bunch of stuff. Said she didn't want her good name mixed up is stuff like that. All she wants to do is drive.

Also said she has not signed anything with Black Cat Racing yet. After the deal that wasn't, she is waiting to make sure Rhea Fain actually has a car/team for her.

from jayski's..............

More BCR: Catchfence.com has been informed that FanZcar has departed the No. 13 Black Cat Racing entry. No other details have been given, but it is rumored that FanZcar may head to Jay Robinson Racing, return to GIC-Mixon Motorsports with driver Mike Harmon, or even another NASCAR team. BCR leased the Pontiac Grand Prix for ARCA driver Kim Crosby to get a taste of and approved by NASCAR. The team does not have a car or engine program yet for Daytona, but they are working hard to get that situation put together and put Crosby in the car.(Catchfence.com (1-25-2004)

Just got a note from Kim.....

Kim's husband and the rest of the ARCA team left for Daytona this morning after spending yesterday at the NRA Banquet with the BCR13 team. Sez she got to hang with Chocolate Meyers and Ernie Irvin and Coach Glanville.

The BCR13 driver switch did throw a monkey at the funding wrench but as of yesterday Black Cat Racing owner Rhea Fain sez they WILL be at Daytona for the Busch race. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Carl Long is a good friend of mine. Back in the early 90's when he was running LMSC cars at OCS & South Boston during the off season I use to race R/C cars with him at his father's race shop.

First heard of Carl years back when Dave put him in his back-up Realtree car to try to make the 500. As a periphial driver he hasn't done all that bad and was/is one of my favorite underdogs. If I recall correctly, Kim's ARCA team has a couple former Marcis folks on it including Bob Marcis and it would not surprise me to find ol Dave himself in the pits come Daytona.

Meanwhile, I had expressed to Kim that she needed to pick the old masters head about Daytona and reminded her last week to do so again. She said she did get a chance to yak with him this past weekend and this is what she wrote me back. It must be a great feeling to have ol Dave in your corner.

"It was really amazing to listen to him about the track.
I could tell he was driving around it and I got to go along
for the ride and hear his thoughts about every detail:
lanes, draft, passing, feeling the wind, bumps and getting
use to them, I could go on and on....... I'm telling you, it was one of the best experiences I've had since getting into racing. "....Kim Crosby

Insert "bg" where "Cup" is and up pops the Hershey's Kisses 300 entry list.....but surprise, surprise there ain't no Kim Crosby on it.

So gosh oh golly, just like Ford I get a better idea and just called the shop.....like duh....talked to a guy named Ray who sounded really busy who said the car will be there and that they DID put in a late entry and that if the motor goes he has has no doubt she'll make the show.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom