You get dinner with one NASCAR person--past or present...living or not with us....

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Who do you invite, and where do you go? It's okay to make a list....just in case the first person can't make it! ;)

Alan Kulwicki probably at the moment, I’d love to hear more about his approach to his team, it seemed different.

Maybe Travis Pastrana too.

I don't have any burning questions to ask any of them, so if I had to choose, I'd choose based off of personality alone. With that said, I'd probably go with Trevor Bayne. Seems like an all around chill guy. Where? I don't know, perhaps Cracker Barrel. I'm always down for some Cracker Barrel!

Smokey Yunick – to hear the truth behind the stories

Mark Martin – he was a clean driver and shared info

Kyle Larson – how running difference class race cars help

Kyle Busch – what was he thinking when his inner Pete Townsend moment happened

I will probably forget someone but here is a few

Many Monster Energy girls, & Hooters girls associated with one of the race cars

-Bobby Isaac
-Butch Lindley
-Tim Richmond
-Richie Evans
-Jack Ingram
-David Pearson
-AJ. Foyt
- Swede Savage ( he has Nascar starts as well. Would love to hear about his 1973 Indy 500 minus the wreck stuff that took his life. He may have won that race prior to loosing his wing)
-Kimi Raikkonen
-Art Pollard (he actually attempted to qualify for a Nascar race, so he counts).
- Friday Hassler
-Bobby Allison (great driver that drove for a lot of different people and himself, he could build it and drive it). He could probably explain the orgins of most everything that matters in racing).

Meeting DW would be fun but he wears it on his sleeve and he has probably told his best stories on TV already.
I think about every story on Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt Sr has been covered as well.

Brian France. I want him to explain himself and his actions to me. The whole thing. Everything. I'm not saying I'm the best interviewer or conversationalist in the world, but I want him to explain to me not like a child but an adult who can't easily be BSed. If all the changes since 2003/4 are as simple as "the advertisers demanded it and that's the bottom line" then so be it, but I want to know and I want to know in detail.

Tim Richmond- we’d go looking for girls
Dale Earnhardt
Mark Martin
Bruton Smith: I’d be fascinated to hear about what goes into owning a track
Rick Hendrick
Jeff Gordon
Michael Schumacher
Juan Montoya
Richard Childress
Darrell Waltrip
Roger Penske
Junior Johnson

I had some queso with Cindric last fall. Meh.
I was going to mention Richmond for the above stated reason +BEERS.
My buddy was hanging out with Ricky Rudd a few days ago. I guess there were a couple female drivers there and Ricky was telling a story about subbing for Janet Guthrie in the Kelly Girl car and getting beat on by everyone. I never heard that story before. I tried looking it up but I couldn't find much info.

Round table discussion with all my favorite drivers at Hooters,
Tim Richmond, Alan Kulwicki, Ted Musgrave, Dave & Ryan Blaney.
Not sure Tim and Alan should sit next to each other.

I will probably forget someone but here is a few

Many Monster Energy girls, & Hooters girls associated with one of the race cars

-Bobby Isaac
-Butch Lindley
-Tim Richmond
-Richie Evans
-Jack Ingram
-David Pearson
-AJ. Foyt
- Swede Savage ( he has Nascar starts as well. Would love to hear about his 1973 Indy 500 minus the wreck stuff that took his life. He may have won that race prior to loosing his wing)
-Kimi Raikkonen
-Art Pollard (he actually attempted to qualify for a Nascar race, so he counts).
- Friday Hassler
-Bobby Allison (great driver that drove for a lot of different people and himself, he could build it and drive it). He could probably explain the orgins of most everything that matters in racing).

Meeting DW would be fun but he wears it on his sleeve and he has probably told his best stories on TV already.
I think about every story on Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt Sr has been covered as well.
Would add Marty Robbins and Tiny Lund to my list.

Jr. His place, of course.

I’ll bring the beer. He might be upset tho, it won’t be Bud, or any other mass produced domestic. I take that back, I might bring a couple Sterling Marlins, for old times sake.

I'm always for the underdog and the fan in me wants to say Mark Martin.

But the truest underdog who never gave up and certainly succeeded against insurmountable odds and assholes would be Wendell Scott. And we'd go wherever he wanted, my treat.....to a point obviously.

And Ned Jarrett to add context.

1. David Wilson....Steak and wine.
2. Adam Stevens....Wings and beer.
3. Chris Gabehart--Burger and beer.
4. James Small--Seafood and ****tails.
5. Jazzy Curtis--Pizza and beer.
6. Tony Hirschman--Pizza and beer.
7. Chris Lambert--Burger and beer.
8. Freddie Kraft--Burger and beer.
9. Denny Hamlin--Pizza and beer.
10. Every person who works at TRD and Toyota Racing--Pizza and beer.
11. @StandOnIt--Seven Eleven hot dog and soda.

*Any order #2-10...... @StandOnIt is a solid #11.

Back
Top Bottom