You guys should go read the comments from the Chicago

I think we’re seeing a shift in consumer behavior. The previous generation built stadiums and arenas in the burbs, now they’re being built in the cities. The Braves are the only team to buck that trend. People want their entertainment convenient to them.
I don’t think the Rams new stadium is in LA (Inglewood-Clippers too) and the Chicago Bears new stadium will be in Arlington Heights, but I see what you’re saying….Stadiums are being built to be made more accessible to fans, we’ll see how this translates to the world of nascar.

I don’t think the Rams new stadium is in LA (Inglewood-Clippers too) and the Chicago Bears new stadium will be in Arlington Heights, but I see what you’re saying….Stadiums are being built to be made more accessible to fans, we’ll see how this translates to the world of nascar.

SoFi Stadium is right by LAX and closer to the center of activity in LA than most of LA itself.

The Bears stadium in Arlington Heights will be one to watch. The Patriots do well in the suburbs because they’re the Patriots. However, it’s like pulling teeth to get some people here to head out to PG County to watch the Commanders. The NFL might be so massive that people don’t care where you put a stadium.

SoFi Stadium is right by LAX and closer to the center of activity in LA than most of LA itself.

The Bears stadium in Arlington Heights will be one to watch. The Patriots do well in the suburbs because they’re the Patriots. However, it’s like pulling teeth to get some people here to head out to PG County to watch the Commanders. The NFL might be so massive that people don’t care where you put a stadium.
I’ve never been to LA, was close this year as my wife and I were looking at attending Wrestlemania there but a work promotion for her scuttled those plans. Your Commanders are looking to move back to RFK site I saw last, I don’t remember that being close to the district. But you’re right the NFL could pretty much build a stadium anywhere and fans will show up, the Bears are looking to not only build in Arlington Heights but build their own shops, restaurants, offices and hotels around stadium.

I’ve never been to LA, was close this year as my wife and I were looking at attending Wrestlemania there but a work promotion for her scuttled those plans. Your Commanders are looking to move back to RFK site I saw last, I don’t remember that being close to the district. But you’re right the NFL could pretty much build a stadium anywhere and fans will show up, the Bears are looking to not only build in Arlington Heights but build their own shops, restaurants, offices and hotels around stadium.

RFK was located IN the District. It's about 2 miles from the Capitol and next to a Metro station. I would love to have the NFL back in the District. The only football team in Washington, DC are the DC Defenders of the XFL.

A street course in DC would also be a lot of fun. Imagine those cars roaring down Constitution Ave. with the Washington Monument in full view.

RFK was located IN the District. It's about 2 miles from the Capitol and next to a Metro station. I would love to have the NFL back in the District. The only football team in Washington, DC are the DC Defenders of the XFL.

A street course in DC would also be a lot of fun. Imagine those cars roaring down Constitution Ave. with the Washington Monument in full view.
I’ve only been to DC once I was trying to find RFK but didn’t get to see it

What I'm about to say isn't feasible for huge NASCAR oval tracks, but IMO, stadiums and arenas ought to be built in locations convenient to access via mass transit. That way, you have an alternative to sitting in traffic and paying hefty parking fees.

For NASCAR tracks on the fringes of big cities, it would be nice if transit agencies were to run express buses between their city center and race track on race days.

You didn't miss much, unless dilapidated stadiums are your thing.

If you drive on I-295 and pass the exit for RFK, you can still see a faded 1996 Olympics logo on the exit sign.
I just wanted to see it as iam a Cowboys fan, once the Washington team was a great rival.

For NASCAR tracks on the fringes of big cities, it would be nice if transit agencies were to run express buses between their city center and race track on race days.

That would be huge, and better marketing and branding.

Wait a minute, I thought the problem he had with this and why he didn’t go was because he was worried about his safety in the city?

I don't understand why we keep posting these click bait goofs. Is it drama, or just stupidity?

It’s disappointing that we live in a society/country where they can’t have the proper means via shuttle service or car rental or public transit to get to a track like Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, it’s much better of an overall race & event than a street course where you can’t see much of the track.

The Gen7 has excelled at 1.5-2 mile racetracks like Chicagoland Speedway.

I would love to see this street course event move to New York City or Denver or New Orleans or Seattle where there’s no logistically viable NASCAR track within 90 miles.

New Orleans? Have you seen how bumpy those roads are!?

TJ and Freddie are still good, Bretts shtick has gotten old. TJ and Freddie still provide good on and off track information IMO.

This might be unpopular but things like this and the race at the Coliseum are essential for growing the fanbase and getting NASCAR in front of new eyes.
There was a good crowd for a first-time event. It's too early to tell if this or LA are growing the fanbase. How many of those folks are going to watch races on a regular basis?

New Orleans? Have you seen how bumpy those roads are!?

I haven’t been to the New Orleans roads/area just heard that the culture and scene of it all with Mardi Gras & the Saints and all that is pretty cool. Chicago had some culture to the race.

I don’t think NOLA got quite a fair chance when IndyCar was in town.

Back
Top Bottom