You know you messed up when you piss off Jimmie Johnson

Chandra looks deliciz in the photo.

I remember what an old timer told me years ago:

He said, Son, don't argue with a fool cause it gets to the point you can not be told apart.

Olbermann is a Fool and we should all leave it at that. He is as useless as choate guts.

10 points for anyone that knows what choate guts are. :D
I don't know what those are but shoat gut's are little chittlin's. :D

This guy is probably getting some heavy traffic on his page because of that comment.

Cant be all bad for mr douche.

Yea, but get Mr. Bush or Mr. Stewart wound up and the stuff they say is legendary.

Dont know about Tony. Knowing how douchey Olbermann can be, he'd probably bring up last year's incident.

I thought Olbermann was rather funny....... good job. Nascar needs to laugh at itself..... because in the last few years...... It's been..........

really laughable...........Kurt and Driscoll just made it more so!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Olbermann was rather funny....... good job. Nascar needs to laugh at itself..... because in the last few years...... It's been..........

really laughable...........Kurt and Driscoll just made it more so!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the sport you love is called down to the lowest, its not funny. And Kurt and Driscoll is a sad matter.

When the sport you love is called down to the lowest, its not funny. And Kurt and Driscoll is a sad matter.
We all have to sometimes back up and see the humor in life and laugh at ourself. This sport we love is not a life and death situation. It is entertainment. I used to think it was all encompassing. I scheduled my week around it. I made sure I was at home Sundays to watch the race. Never missed one. You know what? I missed a whole lot of time with my family going and doing stuff when the kids were young. All because I was so wrapped up in a sport that I had followed since I was 10 years old. I am 60 now and missed a whole lot of time going and doing stuff with my family because of being so adamant that I couldn't miss a race. Screw that ****!!!!!!! We take this stuff way too serious and life is too short for that.

I wonder what would happen if Pockrass, Olbermann, and all the HMS/SHR drivers were put in a media center with locked doors....

Honestly, I don't care even a little when somebody criticizes this sport. I live with that **** 24/7 up her in the Pac NW. Not even a little. You have to understand the sport to understand the athleticism. Guys like Olbermann will never take the time to understand the sport so why even bother with them?

Why does everyone worry about what Keith Olbermann thinks about NASCAR? He's an admitted non NASCAR fan. I didn't bother to watch or read what he said but the whole Kurt Busch saga is an embarrassment to the sport. I know it's embarrassing to me as a fan of the sport. I had at least three coworkers come up to me this week that looked at this whole story as an excuse to ridicule the sport. I can understand why.
Honestly, I don't care even a little when somebody criticizes this sport. I live with that sh!t 24/7 up her in the Pac NW. Not even a little. You have to understand the sport to understand the athleticism. Guys like Olbermann will never take the time to understand the sport so why even bother with them?
Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio carries on the same way. Like political talk show hosts, these guys get paid to keep an audience through the commercial breaks. That's easiest to do by agreeing with your audience's beliefs. Facts aren't needed when appealing to the lowest common denominator.

McNabb? He's on the field for only half the plays. He has more time between them than two pit stops. Once the play starts, he's competing against only 11 guys, half of whom aren't chasing him, and he has 10 other guys to keep them away from him.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio carries on the same way. Like political talk show hosts, these guys get paid to keep an audience through the commercial breaks. That's easiest to do by agreeing with your audience's beliefs. Facts aren't needed when appealing to the lowest common denominator.

McNabb? He's on the field for only half the plays. He has more time between them than two pit stops. Once the play starts, he's competing against only 11 guys, half of whom aren't chasing him, and he has 10 other guys to keep them away from him.

Thing is that every time us NASCAR people start whining for respect, we just look worse to the stick and ball people from which we are trying to steal fans. Are NASCAR drivers athletes? I don't know. Is NASCAR a sport? I don't know, and I don't care on both counts. It's badass and awesome. **** the people who don't get it.

I may have missed something, but the part I heard was Olbermann going off on the Busch circus. How can we be surprised?

Frankly, I am surprised Jimmie gave a ****.

Last edited:
Olbermann is a known scumbag. He's also got crazy mental issues. He's known for treating people, especially his lowly assistants, like total dirt. And for a guy who made a living insulting half the country, he's apparently incredibly sensitive. All his gigs had stories of him hiding in the bathroom, rumor is he gets horrible panic attacks and locks himself in the bathroom for hours. He can't handle face to face conflict, his shows rarely had guests who could disagree with him. He made a living spewing invective and hate -- yet apparently if you actually get in his face he can't handle it and runs and hides in the bathroom. He's a weird, weird dude with the personality of an angry shut-in. He's long been considered one of the most personally unpleasant people in all of media -- even by people who agree with him cause he's so psychologically warped and constantly screams and lashes out at those around him.

Olbermann is a known scumbag. He's also got crazy mental issues. He's known for treating people, especially his lowly assistants, like total dirt. And for a guy who made a living insulting half the country, he's apparently incredibly sensitive. All his gigs had stories of him hiding in the bathroom, rumor is he gets horrible panic attacks and locks himself in the bathroom for hours. He can't handle face to face conflict, his shows rarely had guests who could disagree with him. He made a living spewing invective and hate -- yet apparently if you actually get in his face he can't handle it and runs and hides in the bathroom. He's a weird, weird dude with the personality of an angry shut-in. He's long been considered one of the most personally unpleasant people in all of media -- even by people who agree with him cause he's so psychologically warped and constantly screams and lashes out at those around him.

Even more reason to not give a **** about what he says.

I really wasn't bothered by Olberman. I love racing and look forward to going to the track every year. A lot of people I work with make fun of NASCAR and I just ask them if millions of people enjoy watching and attending something, why not check it out once? I go to Texas for both big weekends and sometimes the Indy race. Camp the whole weekend, I've brought a lot of people who have never been to a race or watched one on TV and to the man they have enjoyed it. I tell them pick a driver to follow, rent a scanner, get to see it in person. Worst case is you still think it's a dumb sport and you get to camp out, drink beer, and grill all weekend.

Nascar was probably looked down upon with more disapproval prior to the steady tv coverage got going in the 1980s.

In the 70s my teachers at school, and the folks at church tried to redirect my interest. When we were asked what we wanted to be as adults, I told them I wanted to be a race car driver. A few days later my 5th grade teacher dedicated an entire class to why you shouldn't be a race car driver.
There was always some story some adult had to just share about the worthless futility of being a race car driver.

It was around 1972 and my teacher knew Ned Jarrett and he said Ned got out because there wasn't much money in it compared to the dangers. Sounds reasonable because he did see a lot of drivers getting killed in that era.

But it wasn't just the danger, or money. Most of the adults looked at Nascar as a low rent, white trash affair. My mom dedicated a lot of energy in trying to changing my ambition as well.

I don't like Olbermann for many reasons and the dislike was long before he spouted off this time. I don't mind folks being aggravated with his shallow self aggrandizing Nascar snark. Anything that annoys him is a good thing.

But I could care less if he likes Nascar, or really if the masses do. Racing isn't for everyone and folks will believe what they want.

Haters gonna hate, it doesn't matter that much. He has to be and live as Keith Olbermann it is his problem not mine.

Back
Top Bottom