Your 2014 Sprint Cup Champion!!

5bfb863cd3bb0a92c01f004ffa2f4022.jpg
Look at how young Kurt looks.

I'm way late to this thread but Harvick definitely deserved it and he earned it the best way possible, by winning.

IMO he's been the most underrated driver of the past decade. While he was at RCR he was constantly overshadowed by the Hendrick empire and other drivers. He finally broke through and showed how good he really is this past year. He's a sure fire Hall of Famer if you ask me, and this Cup championship should seal the deal.

I'm way late to this thread but Harvick definitely deserved it and he earned it the best way possible, by winning.

IMO he's been the most underrated driver of the past decade. While he was at RCR he was constantly overshadowed by the Hendrick empire and other drivers. He finally broke through and showed how good he really is this past year. He's a sure fire Hall of Famer if you ask me, and this Cup championship should seal the deal.
I'm not quite ready to seal the hall of fame yet but unless he falls in the next few years he should make it. Between him and Brad I would have been happy with either. Mine was more a case of anybody but Denny.

I'm not quite ready to seal the hall of fame yet but unless he falls in the next few years he should make it. Between him and Brad I would have been happy with either. Mine was more a case of anybody but Denny.

I think he deserves it based on his entire body of work across all 3 major series, not just as a driver but as a team owner. Very few people have accomplished as much as Harvick has across the board.

Dale Jarrett is a hall of gamer and Harvick's resume is basically a carbon copy

congrats to Harvick he deserves the championship. i would've liked Newman to win though. No winner is a winner.

Dale Jarrett is a hall of gamer and Harvick's resume is basically a carbon copy
This made me look them up - I guess I forgot that Harvick won all the crown jewel races. Daytona 500, Coke 600, All-Star, Brickyard, Southern 500 - and now champ... if that's not a hall of fame resume I don't know what is.

This made me look them up - I guess I forgot that Harvick won all the crown jewel races. Daytona 500, Coke 600, All-Star, Brickyard, Southern 500 - and now champ... if that's not a hall of fame resume I don't know what is.
Put that way then I'll change and agree that he should be in the HOF. Generally I like him and to me he is more a racer than a ride around driver. Generally doesn't seem to have much of a problem with taking a chance on advancing.

I think he deserves it based on his entire body of work across all 3 major series, not just as a driver but as a team owner. Very few people have accomplished as much as Harvick has across the board.

So Harvick deserves credit for winning in all three series and owning a team but another younger driver gets constant bashing and ridicule for doing the same things :rolleyes:

So Harvick deserves credit for winning in all three series and owning a team but another younger driver gets constant bashing and ridicule for doing the same things :rolleyes:

You won't get any argument from me, Kyle is a HOF lock too IMO. My only point is being a great driver across the 3 series is quite an accomplishment on its own. To also do it as an owner is another level of success and Harvick's (and Kyle's) contribution to the sport has been massive.

You won't get any argument from me, Kyle is a HOF lock too IMO. My only point is being a great driver across the 3 series is quite an accomplishment on its own. To also do it as an owner is another level of success and Harvick's (and Kyle's) contribution to the sport has been massive.
I didn't know they had a Truck and X-series Whackers Annex in the HOF?

I didn't know they had a Truck and X-series Whackers Annex in the HOF?

It's the NASCAR Hall of Fame, not the Sprint Cup Hall of Fame.

Say what you will about him personally, but he's accomplished more in the sport than 99% of his competitors.

I totally agree, as much as I dislike Harvick he gas done a lot for the sport, another name thats missing is Brad K. I respect any driver that is active and competitive in all three series. I didnt mean to imply that you were one of the constant bashers BTW ;)

I totally agree, as much as I dislike Harvick he gas done a lot for the sport, another name thats missing is Brad K. I respect any driver that is active and competitive in all three series. I didnt mean to imply that you were one of the constant bashers BTW ;)

Oh I'll bash Kyle, but for his childish antics not his performance. I just think there's lots of guys out there that have been competitive and won lots of races. However, if you're able to successfully build a team that wins races, that's an extra feather in your cap and VERY difficult to do while trying to compete full time at the top level of racing.

Oh I'll bash Kyle, but for his childish antics not his performance. I just think there's lots of guys out there that have been competitive and won lots of races. However, if you're able to successfully build a team that wins races, that's an extra feather in your cap and VERY difficult to do while trying to compete full time at the top level of racing.

Lets face it, I been pretty hard on Harvick over the years :D

and what about Junior and JMS??

@dustinlong

#NASCAR … Kevin Harvick wins 2014 Driver of the Year Award as voted on motorsports media panel

@dustinlong

#NASCAR .. 2014 Driver of Year voting: 1. Kevin Harvick; 2 Will Power; 3. Chase Elliott; 4 Donny Schtaz.

Harvick scored 13 of the 16 votes cast. Will Power (IndyCar), Chase Elliott (Nationwide), and Donny Schatz (WoO) each received one vote

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom