YOUR BEST MEMORY OF DALE SENIOR..

C

cutiepie24

mine is seeing him for the first time at california speedway in 2000......................actually got to see Dale sr..............his famous number 3 car..............my hubby (DE) was so excited and so happy..............

I think that my very favorite memory comes from looking back at the Daytona 500 last year when the MAN IN BLACK was getting ready to get into the #3, gave Theresa the MOST loving look and then just went to work. I'll never forget.

What about that race way back in the 80's with the pass in the grass over my driver Bill Elliott, I'll never forget it.

When he had a flat tire at Daytona and Derrick Cope past him on the last lap of the race. Second would be him doing doghnuts on the infield of Daytona in whatever year he won it.

The Winston when rain delayed (I think 2000) sitting with Jr. Looked like they were talking about fishing or something very dear to both of them. Very quick shot from a distance as fading to commercial. A picture I'll never forget.

Mine was his finally winning the Daytona 500 coming through the wedding line, and then when asked if he cried his saying, "Naw my eyes just got a little wet." That and I loved the commercial with he and Jr. where Jr. is asking to drive his car on Sunday, "Noooooooooo."

Same here Walrus 3, when he won the Daytona 500. You could see the joy on his face and knew he was the happiest man on the earth right then! Also liked when Jr. won and he came to hug him in Victory lane. :calpping:

I have 3:

1998 --- the child-like joy at Daytona

1998 --- watching DE stand on the hauler watching Little E win his first BGN race. The joy of a father watching his son become a winner.

2000 --- the absolute glee when Little Dale won The Winston.

Speaking not as a fan of his, actually I pulled against him, I have a couple as well.

First, I will always associate him with that crap eating grin. Like Gene Simmons' tongue, it was his trademark.

Also, I recall a TV interview during a race back in the ESPN days which showed him and Rusty cutting up at another track. Showed a different side of him.

Oh, I'll always remember the spins, knocks, bangs, pushes, and all the other junk he pulled. But the man was human, and a talented one at that.

My best was anytime he was taking the air out of Jeff Gordon's Ego.I think Dale was a tough old bird,He either liked you,or he didnt.There was no room for in between until later in his years of racing.He did a lot of unnoticed things for people,and that's the way he wanted it.I admire him for his consistant ways.You always knew where you stood with him,regardless of likeing it or not.May God rest his soul.Dale you left a lot of memories,thats more than most can say.You stood as one of the best in stockcar racing.:)

The Grin
The rollover end up on two wheels out of the ambulance it starts im drivin it scene.(probably the best)

seeing him win and after he won at the brickyard 1 week before i got married (hopped the fence and was on pi road, got some pics when he was on and came off of the revolving winners circle, and at the bricks with rc)

seeing him win at bristol and " i was just trying to ruffle his feathers a bit, didnt mean to wreck him(grin)" meaning terry

i actually have quite a few

oh, sitting on the pole for the roadcourse race after breaking his sternum

what a guy:rolleyes:

:) :( :D ;) :p :satisfied :rolleyes: :mad: THE MOST MEMORABLE EVENT THAT I CAN REMEMBER ABOUT DALE E SR WAS THE TIME HE LEFT A MARK ON ALL RACE FANS NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF RACING YOU ARE INVOLVED IN. THIS WAS THE DAY THAT DALE BROKE ALL OF HIS OWN RULES AND HELPED HIS TEAM MATES BY BLOCKING FOR THE OLD TIMERS OF INDY RACING THERE WAS A DRIVER BILL VUKOVICH WHO SPOKE AT THE DRIVERS MEETING BEFORE HIS LAST RACE AND MADE THE STATEMENT THAT YOU CAN NOT MAKE A RIGHT HAND TURN AND LIVE AT INDY, ON THAT DAY HE MADE A RIGHT HAND TURN TO MISS A ROOKIE AND HE ALSO DIED. DALE SR WAS GREAT ON THE TRACK WITH PEOPLE HE LIKED LOVED VARIOUS SPORTS BUT MOST OF ALL A RACE CAR DRIVER AND HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WAS WRONG BUT IT SUPPORTED HIS SON AND TEAM

ahhhhh yes.....the Big E story......

well ya see now, way back in the day when ol Dave Marcis was actually a contender he was driving for the K&K Dodge Team or it coulda been Carl Haas. Anyways, this was back during the times when drivers were more than just drivers, they also helped quite a bit with the construction. The team decided to build two cars to take to the Daytona 500 that year and Dave was sposed to get the better of the two rides.

Seems there was this hotshot rookie that got the quicker car. The rest is history.

Too many to list, the win at searspoint was neat because I was there and it was finally his first roadcourse win ( I think ).
The 97 daytona 500, roll the car and get back in and finish.
numerous bristol races.
his great comments and timing of comments.
But probably the best was winning the 98 Daytona 500 and the recieving line etc.
Dale was the best and I miss him very much. :bawling:
OK now all you anti earnhardt people can give me a hard time.

i have the luxury of living in the Charlotte area (the home a lot of Nascar teams and drivers)

here in the area, when Dale died this area was crushed...for 3 or 4 straight days the local radio stations just had people calling and balling about it....but people would tell stories....people would tell stories about how Dale had helped them or their kids out of a bind....how nice of a guy he was. but he would always say to them...dont tell anyone i did this for you. he had another side to him that didnt come out until after he died.

one of my favorite memories is when someone ( LOL me) pulled out in front of him in traffic. ( i swear i looked!!!, there was no one comming!! the man must have been flying!!! what a surprise right) but i looked back in my rear vier mirror and all i see is a big black truck with a man wearing a hat and sunglasses and i see the trademark mustache......the man just waves. good thing i had the 3 sticker on my truck, he might have been pissed as hell since i pulled out in front of him LOL.

Back
Top Bottom