your favorite driver is retiring....

A

ajk112802

...so who do you follow/root/cheer for now??

This is a dilema for my husband who has always been a Rusty Wallace fan. He does not like Kurt Busch. Anyone else have this "problem"?

I get the feeling even Rusty has this problem. I am a die hard Earnhardt fan and still pull for JR. But I see the same fire in Tony Stewart as Dale SR. had.

I know two Rusty fans that are going with Carl Edwards.
Carl is soooooooooooo real, and jubilant and positive. I love his attitude.
And better yet, that boy can sure drive a car!!!!!!!!!!
79.gif

dragonlady424 said:
I know two Rusty fans that are going with Carl Edwards.
Carl is soooooooooooo real, and jubilant and positive. I love his attitude.
And better yet, that boy can sure drive a car!!!!!!!!!!
79.gif

An excellent choice!!!

howbout robby gordon? lol...but he IS afterall, using DEI engines for as long as need next year until the menards engine team pull their heads from their.......

Magnethead said:
howbout robby gordon? lol...but he IS afterall, using DEI engines for as long as need next year until the menards engine team pull their heads from their.......

you don't need to "lol" about choosing Robby...if there ever were an underdog from the start, he's the one. I've been cheering for him since I got into NASCAR seriously a few years ago (it was jut casual before that) and have met him twice at Nashville and Charlotte, he's a helluva guy and a damn determined and driven competitor...check out the movie "Dust to Glory", he isn't in it much, but its a great movie and it shows Robby in an arena where he is actually respected.

Gas on!

esorlxaw said:
you don't need to "lol" about choosing Robby...if there ever were an underdog from the start, he's the one. I've been cheering for him since I got into NASCAR seriously a few years ago (it was jut casual before that) and have met him twice at Nashville and Charlotte, he's a helluva guy and a damn determined and driven competitor...check out the movie "Dust to Glory", he isn't in it much, but its a great movie and it shows Robby in an arena where he is actually respected.

Gas on!

Not to dog Robbie or his fans out, but I'm a Nascar fan and want a team that is totally focused on the season at hand. But good luck to Robbie in what ever road or dirt he chooses.
;)

How is Robby's team not focused on Nascar? He managed to show up to all of the races, attempt to qualify for all of them and when Baja was in the way, he got a driver to fill in for him in practice and qualifying. I don't really see having your hand in different cookie jars as being unfocused on any one of them. If anything, he doesn't race full time in the SCORE series, he races full time in the Cup series, he even fields a Busch team for choice races. If you "don't" want to dog out Robby or his fans, then don't make comments like this. Childress makes wine, so I suppose that makes him unfocused on racing. Joe Gibbs coaches an NFL team, so I guess that makes him unfocused on racing. Penske and Ganassi both have IRL teams, so I guess that makes them unfocused on Nascar. Which owner ISN'T involved in something besides Nascar? To top all of that off, which other owner drives his own car? Childress? Ganassi? Penske? Roush? None, unless you count Kyle Petty, but hey, I suppose you don't think he is focused on racing because of the Victory Junction Gang and the new Sprint car series.

Thats my opinion and thats all there is too it. I don't think he's focused enough. You think what you want and i'll think what I want. Good luck to your team next year.

I get the feeling even Rusty has this problem. I am a die hard Earnhardt fan and still pull for JR. But I see the same fire in Tony Stewart as Dale SR. had.

i feel the same..this is why i pull for JR and Stewart now.

I had the pleasure of working for Ricky Rudd when i was in high school....Ricky Rudd is a true gentleman...you wouldnt believe how humble and nice of a guy he is....its just not going to be the same with out Rudd or Rusty on the track anymore :(

I have a "Favorite" and he will always be #1 for me. However, there are other drivers I root for so if Jeff Gordon were not able to continue racing, I've got backup.

Morgan Shepherd could use a few more fans.

If he can ever make a race. Since my friend's son left as CC Morgan failed to qualify for another race.

Right now its a tossup between Kahne and Edwards. It's hard not to root for that red 9 but Edwards has that down home quality that Elliott had when he first started. And you gotta love the backflips.

My Nascar partner is a long time Rusty fan and the last time I talked to him he's going to be cheering for Edwards.

I'm a big time T. Labonte fan but am pissed by the way he is retiring so in 06 I'm pulling for Truex. Met him at the Bass Pro Shop in Mooresville and he was very layed back and fun to hang with. :)

Back
Top Bottom