Your Leading on the Final Lap...

R

redrock

O.K. kids, so it's the last lap at Homestead, your the driver leading the race and Rusty Wallace is right behind you in second place as you both enter turn four...do you lift a little and let Rusty 'slip' buy you?

I thought of this a few weeks ago, if Kurt Busch was the leader...imagine Roger Penske just grinning....well that ain't gonna happen now.

redrock said:
O.K. kids, so it's the last lap at Homestead, your the driver leading the race and Rusty Wallace is right behind you in second place as you both enter turn four...do you lift a little and let Rusty 'slip' buy you?

I thought of this a few weeks ago, if Kurt Busch was the leader...imagine Roger Penske just grinning....well that ain't gonna happen now.

No I don't think so.

Would not happen in a second. Besides Rusty would be pissed if you did that to him. No such things as a gimme when the checkered flag is in front of you. Now if the situation were the way things played out two years ago when Bill Elliott cut down a tire on the back stretch and Bobby went on to win man that would be cool. Imagine Newman cutting a tire down and Rusty passing him. Actually the dream scenerio would be Kenny Wallace and Rusty battling it out on the last lap.

If Rusty is close on the last lap, he will put someone in the fence to win. That would be cool since he lost a few that way.l

redrock said:

Yep, then I spin him out like he did Waltrip in The Winston.

Sentimental Journey? I don't think so. Nobody plays that "Oh sure. I'll let him win" crap. These guys are there to RACE for the Checkered Flag, not play ring around the rosey.

But they did for Dale in the '98 Daytona, Petty for his 200th win, and Jr for the 2001 Pepsi 400 and his Daytona 500 win!!! :D

Fergmeister, this is the final 2005 Race In The Chase....... Would YOU pull over?

redrock said:

...you're leading on the last lap, you don't lift fer nuthin'.

kat2220 said:
Fergmeister, this is the final 2005 Race In The Chase....... Would YOU pull over?

Ain't no way...I don't care who's last race, first win, whatever. Not gonna happen....

Everything is good down here. Sorry about your Tide last week. I hope they beat Auburn. High school playoffs are going strong right now. Our local boys are looking real good again this year.

I dont care if Richard Petty got in a car and was behind me on the last lap. i am not going to lift and let him pass me no matter it i was 1st or 42ed.

Back
Top Bottom