Your move Jaguars!

Benevolent One

Team Owner
The Browns decided that a late first round pick was better than having Trent Richardson now and for the foreseeable future.

I am so sick of every new management team we get acting like if they didn't draft or trade for a player then he couldn't possibly be good enough to help them win. The next logical step is trading away Joe Thomas for even less than they got for Richardson. The Broncos just lost their starting left tackle to injury. Thomas, considered by many to be the best left tackle in the game, ought to be enough to garner the Broncos pick in the very end of the first round or, since self mutilation seems to be paramount to them, maybe even a second or third round pick for Thomas. Trading Trent definitely makes them much worse for the rest of this season, but to beat out the Jaguars for the #1 pick you may have to do something truly, staggeringly, ignorant. This trade was really stupid, but those Jags are possibly historically awful.

The worst part about this trade is that they are getting draft picks for an established talent. They have shown little to no ability to draft wisely. Banner and Lombardi are horrible at what they do. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade a couple of first rounders to Washington for backup QB Kirk Cousins, who played well against the Browns when he filled in for RGIII last year. Then they could reenact the whole Matt Flynn fiasco, complete with dumping him for a late round draft pick next year when he can't beat out a mid-round draft pick for the starting QB job.

As a long time Browns fan I have been disgusted by a lot over the years, but many times those were just being beat by a legendary QB from Denver or someone just making a great play to beat you. This is simply self-destruction. I'm not even sure if I will watch this Sunday's game in Minnesota. Trent Richardson at least gave then a shot at beating the Vikings even with starting QB Brandon Weeden missing the game with a sprained thumb. Brian Hoyer is, at least, a scrappy QB who can scramble and make a few plays, but they have virtually no running backs at all on their roster. They are bringing in the decaying carcass of Willis McGahee(sp?) for a look-see. What does that tell you?

Your move Jags. Can you compete with this kind of incompetence?

I can't see the Skins trading Cousins right now....RGIII is a rolling, downed lineman away from the unemployment line.

Jacksonville vs. Cleveland on December 1st will be the game that decides the first overall pick unless Jacksonville accidentally wins. At this point, I think Jacksonville knows they need a quarterback.

Jacksonville's current management isn't incompetent and, in five years, I think Dave Caldwell will have a playoff contending team. It's Jacksonville's previous management that was incompetent. Caldwell and Bradley are trying to build a brand new team while having to walk through the mess Gene Smith left behind.

The Titans have a nasty habit of losing to the worst teams in the NFL, they've done it the last couple years. They don't play Cleveland this year, but Jacksonville may very well take at least one game from them.

As a Browns fan (Saints til Cleveland gets their sh*t together), I'm p*ssed. With that being said, in the long run, this could potentially be a good move. TRich is injury prone, and its not like he's proven yet that he's gonna be a beast. RB's are a dime a dozen. If this helps them finally get a franchise QB next year, it will be a good move. Lets face it, even with Richardson, Cleveland wasn't doing anything this season. I hate that they've basically already thrown in the towel after week 2.

As for Thomas, trade him now so you can get max value. He's aging. The Oline sucks this year. It's going to be 2 or 3 years before Cleveland can be competitive anyways. By then, Thomas will be on the decline.

Back
Top Bottom