2015 Atlanta - QuikTrip Folds of Honor 500 - Pre Race Thread

They banned teams from independent testing, NASCAR/Goodyear sanctioned tests are obviously allowed, they did the same thing at Las Vegas when the Gen 6 car was introduced.

That was from AccuWeather. Bound to change several times by the weekend.

I thought that looked like AccuWeather. And it has already changed to 'a passing shower or 2' for Sunday. Ten days ago there was snow forecast. I hope we will know better by Saturday. :rolleyes:

By late afternoon they should be able to get at least halfway on Sunday, but overall, doesnt look good, Monday through Wednesday next week have rain in the forecast too .-.

I thought that looked like AccuWeather. And it has already changed to 'a passing shower or 2' for Sunday. Ten days ago there was snow forecast. I hope we will know better by Saturday. :rolleyes:
Nat'l Weather Service is calling for 40% Sunday, Sunday night, AND Monday. But I'm flexible; I can do Tuesday if necessary.

Reactions: Pat
Atlanta-Motor-Speedway-Big.jpg
2001_Spring_Finish_lg.jpg
2000_Earnhadt_Last_Win_lg.jpg

I'd rather not have to spend the entire week at the track, however if I do...Gordon or McMurray had better win.

Though I definitely wouldn't mind getting to watch a night race!

Are there going to be ~5 cars gping home almost every week? Seeing 49 cars for the 500 is to be expected, but didn't know Atlanta would still have a lot. I guess either it'll start dissipating through the season or these qualifying sessions are gonna get interesting,

I'm calling this race for Tony Stewart.

Are we all clear on that? Smoke WILL win this race.

Or at least finish in the top 20.

Reactions: Pat
I'm calling this race for Tony Stewart.

Are we all clear on that? Smoke WILL win this race.

Or at least finish in the top 20.

I would not mind a tony win. I hope for a Patrick win and will cheer for it. I would not be surprised to see the black helicopters pull a W for JG though.

I would not mind a tony win. I hope for a Patrick win and will cheer for it. I would not be surprised to see the black helicopters pull a W for JG though.

Bad usesage of the black helicopter analogy. Does not compute.

Jeff Gordon scoring a win, in his final season, at the track he made his 1st start at would be a black helicopter scenario.

How? As I understand it, for there to be a comspiracy, a lot of shady things have to happen within the event.

Would he be laps down and somehow be allowed to be back in the lead lap or something?

If he has a fast car and wins it straight up, I'd call that bittersweet coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom