2015 Atlanta - QuikTrip Folds of Honor 500 - Pre Race Thread

Ragan on the windshield; Kyle above the door.

B-yOCleW8AETZZw.jpg:large
Kybu isn't in the car so in my opinion his name shouldn't be anywhere on it. I'm sorry that he's injured but he's not racing.

Impact of less horsepower/downforce? So far, 191.549 mph by Jamie McMurray is best lap -- faster than tops in 2014 quals (191.278).

Think we'll be able to see the difference? :rolleyes:

has someone looked at speeds for last years ATL race?

Can't remember if last year was cluster puck qualifying or the old way. Whatever way soon qualifying speeds won't mean much

Bob Pockrass‏@bobpockrass 39m39 minutes ago
Larson has used driver-adjustable track bar. His switch is mounted on seat near leg extensions (teams can put it there, on wheel or dash)

Jeff Gluck‏@jeff_gluck 33m33 minutes ago
Carl Edwards said he feels like there's more on-throttle time now with the new rules package. Changes how he drives Atlanta, he said

Kybu isn't in the car so in my opinion his name shouldn't be anywhere on it. I'm sorry that he's injured but he's not racing.
Think of it as a way of saluting the primary driver. NASCAR mandates who's name is on the windshield; it doesn't care what's over the door.

Think of it as a way of saluting the primary driver. NASCAR mandates who's name is on the windshield; it doesn't care what's over the door.
It takes away from the driver wheeling the car at the time. It doesn't really matter in the long run but that's my opinion.

Its always good to see improvement from one session to the other. The big question is track temps for the race. cold track today, warmer track for the race those test sessions wont mean a ton. They will be a good benchmark, but they will have to build adjust-ability into the car.

Wonder where each team has their adjustable trackbar installed? Edwards has his on his steeringwheel, indycar style, larson near his legs. Anyone else hear anything else?

I don't know if I'm liking this forecast. I'd like to see a finish, but hopefully we at least get to halfway. There is rain in the forecast all the way up until Thursday. What exactly happens if it's rained out??? Are the people who purchased tickets just out of luck?

Today's schedule.....

FRIDAY, FEB. 27:

ON TRACK-- 10-10:55 a.m..: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1-2:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 2:30-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 5:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)

-- 9 a.m.: Joey Gase
-- 11 a.m.: Danica Patrick
-- 11:15 a.m.: Tyler Reddick
-- 12:15 p.m.: Kasey Kahne
-- 3:15 p.m.: Jeff Gordon
-- 4:30 p.m.: Motor Racing Outreach announcement with Matt Kenseth
-- Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 9:30 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series
-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

Back