2016 New Hampshire - New England 300 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The NASCAR Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series will gather for a doubleheader showing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend. The XFINITY Series will race at Kentucky Speedway.

Note: All times are ET
FRIDAY, SEPT. 23:

ON TRACK: New Hampshire
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3:30-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

GARAGECAM: New Hampshire

-- 11 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Watch live)
-- 1 p.m. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (Watch live)

ON TRACK: Kentucky
-- 3:30-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 6-7:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

SATURDAY, SEPT. 24:

-- 9-9:55 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series second practice, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 10:10 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 1 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 175 (175 laps, 185.15 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

ON TRACK: Kentucky

-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 8 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series VisitMyrtleBeach.com (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

SUNDAY, SEPT. 18:

-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series New England 300 (300 laps, 317.4 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

Not for me this year. New gm raised ticket prices considerably across the track at every price point.

New gm raised ticket prices considerably across the track at every price point.

Really? In an era where attendance at races is in a perpetual state of decline?

The track I worked at raised ticket prices earlier this year and I bitched and moaned about it every week until they finally put them back where they were.

New Hampshire II Last 10 Winners:

2006 - Kevin Harvick (Chevrolet)
2007 - Clint Bowyer (Chevrolet)
2008 - Greg Biffle (Ford)
2009 - Mark Martin (Chevrolet)
2010 - Clint Bowyer (Chevrolet)
2011 - Tony Stewart (Chevrolet)
2012 - Denny Hamlin (Toyota)
2013 - Matt Kenseth (Toyota)
2014 - Joey Logano (Ford)
2015 - Matt Kenseth (Toyota)

I went this weekend last year just for Saturday night (LMs, mods, trucks) and then to their first Cup race earlier in the summer. Not to be a downer but I think the clam chowder is the best part about going to Loudon.

Have you ever been to Loudon and sat in the "cheap seats"? It is not a bargain even at $49.
Nope, I haven't been there and I don't know what the $49 seats even were. They could have been in the first couple rows for all I know. I was talking about tickets that I could buy right now in the top seats in the turn 3-4 area for $60. Sounds like a good deal to me. I've paid far more at other SMI owned tracks for similar locations. If I lived anywhere within a reasonable day's drive of the venue, I'd be there in a heartbeat. What is a reasonable price for one fan differs greatly to others I guess.

I actually forgot New Hampshire was this weekend. Such disappointment. It's unique, but definitely provides the worst racing on the schedule outside of Indianapolis.

Went to New Hampshire for the Summer race in 2013. Really enjoyed watching races on that track, better in person then on TV. Saw Vickers win probably his last race

Went to New Hampshire for the Summer race in 2013. Really enjoyed watching races on that track, better in person then on TV. Saw Vickers win probably his last race
We were there in 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed it also. And I agree with the better in person part. But to me it always is, regardless of the track.

Have you ever been to Loudon and sat in the "cheap seats"? It is not a bargain even at $49.

Top half of the grandstand in turn 4 for $49 isn't a bargin? Those seats went for $110 five years ago. The poor people on the Concord side pay twice as much for the same vantage point in turn one and get to look at a Jumbotron.

I saved $50+ by giving up the Sprintvision screen and having to walk further. For sure a bargain. My group loved the seats.

really sad not at least 42 entries. I really thought there would be a few new teams.

Top half of the grandstand in turn 4 for $49 isn't a bargin? Those seats went for $110 five years ago. The poor people on the Concord side pay twice as much for the same vantage point in turn one and get to look at a Jumbotron.

I saved $50+ by giving up the Sprintvision screen and having to walk further. For sure a bargain. My group loved the seats.

You could give me any seat of my choosing for 20 bucks and I still wouldn't make the drive up from CT for it. Done it a couple times, seen late models, mods, trucks, and cup there. More power to those who enjoy it, but the track just produces super boring racing to me.

You could give me any seat of my choosing for 20 bucks and I still wouldn't make the drive up from CT for it. Done it a couple times, seen late models, mods, trucks, and cup there. More power to those who enjoy it, but the track just produces super boring racing to me.

I know what you mean as there are some tracks I would not want to go to even if Scotty could beam me in and out of and Indy and NH are 2 of them for sure.

Went to the 2011 Chase race there... Yawn. 3rd closest track to me but I won't go again unless I win tickets.

35 plus years attending.NHIS/ NHMS.
The Bahre family did more for the fans than SMI.
Back in the day, Bryar Motorsport Park was the definition of "Fan Friendly"..And so was NHIS.

It may produce boring racing but it's certainly a unique track and hey aren't we always complaining about cookie cutters?

I was thinking the same thing. We complain about the cookie cutters but for whatever reason this track just does not produce exciting racing. Not sure why that is, but I'll still be watching!
Is the track too wide? the turns not sharp enough? banking not high enough? Can't seem to put my finger on it.

I was thinking the same thing. We complain about the cookie cutters but for whatever reason this track just does not produce exciting racing. Not sure why that is, but I'll still be watching!
Is the track too wide? the turns not sharp enough? banking not high enough? Can't seem to put my finger on it.
Martinsville is the only flat track that regularly puts on a good race

Yeah I don't know either, it's the same thing with Pocono. The groove isn't on the very bottom like at other flat tracks such as Phoenix or Martinsville or Pocono or Indy, it's like a car width above the line. Like with those other tracks the long straights into sharp corners means you have to brake hard to avoid washing up the excessively wide turns and that makes the delta between straightaway speed and mid-corner speed huge. The funny thing is, when we've changed up the Aero package to make that same thing happen at the intermediates we've had great racing. What gives?

New Hampshire could maintain it's uniqueness while still adding some banking to the corners. Take them up to 20-24 degrees and it would be one of the best races on the circuit.

Back
Top Bottom