Tire Codes:
Left-side -- D-4564 Right-side -- D-4706

Tire Circumference:
Left-side -- 87.64 in. (2,226 mm)
Right-side -- 88.15 in. (2,239 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 12 psi Left Rear -- 12 psi;
Right Front -- 30 psi Right Rear -- 27 psi

Notes: Teams in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series will run the same tire set-up at New Hampshire this weekend . . .

... this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that Sprint Cup and Xfinity teams ran at this track in July . . .

... these teams have run this left-side tire (D-4564) at New Hampshire since 2012 . . . for Camping World Truck teams, this is the first time they have run this right-side tire (D-4706) . . . for them, compared to what was run at New Hampshire last year, this right-side features a construction change to bring it into line with what is run by NASCAR teams at Phoenix and Richmond, and a compound change to give the trucks more grip and introduce more wear over the course of a run . . . as on most NASCAR ovals one mile or less in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at New Hampshire.

Source: Jayski's Race Page

Damn, some of the Chasers didn't get out on the track until 5 minutes left in first round q'ing. Couldn't pass the laser.

Dillon and Buescher didn't make 2nd round.

And SHR doesnt make it to the last round

SUNDAY, SEPT. 25:

ON TRACK: New Hampshire
--1:25 p.m.: NCSC Driver Introductions with NASCAR Special Awards
--1:45 p.m.: Team Fastrax jumps wiht large flag
--1:58 p.m.: Canadian National Anthem by Kirk Young
--2:00 p.m.: Presentation of Colors by New Hampshire State Police Honor Guard and Combined Services Military Color Guard
--2:00:20 p.m.: Invocation by Dustin Pari, actor on the show "Ghost Hunters"
--2:01 p.m.: National Anthem by Daniel M. Clark, U.S. Marine Corps veteran and retired Massachusetts state trooper
--2:02:30 p.m.: Fly-by, two F-15s from Massachusetts ANG 104
--2:07:30 p.m.: "Drivers, Start Your Engines" by Kevin Holleran, president of Textron Specialized Vehicles
-- 2:15 p.m.: Start of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bad Boy Off Road 300 (300 laps, 317.4 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCE (Watch live)

-- 5 p.m. (approximately): NASCAR Sprint Cup Series post race press conference

CtMjt3HXEAA4GuM.jpg:large

Wholeheartedly agree . Nascar fans need to fight to protect the diversity these tracks bring to the schedule . Racing in the big leagues has to be a test of skill , both in car preparation an in driving skill . Short tracks , road courses , mid sized ovals , super speedways and flat tracks all play a valuable part .

We need good tracks and boring and boring tracks......I think.

Locally here in NH I have only seen one mention that there is a race in the last 2 weeks. That was a 10 second mention from the weatherman on the local news.

Tracks used to have promoters and some still might but there is no promotion for the 3 in my proximity and the only conclusions I can draw is the the tracks no nothing about promoting an event or they feel like spending the money on promotion would be a waste. Loudon may not even be half full today so you would think getting the word out and getting some bus trips and other things organized would make sense.

Now c'mon, where's the fun in that?

I here ya as while some folks are content to watch the frog in the pot others like to dream up new and differing ways to improve things. I have floated stuff like holding 2 races in one weekend like Pocono and MIS and using existing configurations at tracks that differ from the one's used by Nascar.

I noticed the first two Chase races being held in areas with NFL teams that either played on the Monday night (Chicago) after the Sunday race or the Thursday night (New England) before the Sunday race.

Is it possible that NASCAR and the NFL are working together so as to not schedule events at the same time in the same local area ?

I noticed the first two Chase races being held in areas with NFL teams that either played on the Monday night (Chicago) after the Sunday race or the Thursday night (New England) before the Sunday race.

Is it possible that NASCAR and the NFL are working together so as to not schedule events at the same time in the same local area ?

Seeing as how the opening chase race has been in Chicago for six years, I think not. The NFL couldn't care less about whether a race was being held there the same day.

Thought about that as well. Next week at Dover Philly is on a bye but the Redskins are home. For Charlotte the Panthers are away, Kansas weekend the Chiefs are away, for Dega the Falcons are unfortunately home, I have no idea what team Martinsville competes with, for Texas the Cowboys are away, Phoenix the cards are sadly home, and for homestead the Dolphins are away. So I'd say it's pretty possible to likely.

The locals may have to decide which events to attend, but they're a drop in the TV viewer bucket. The tracks themselves likely care, but I doubt either governing body cares what else is going on in the immediate area. Don't forget, there's also baseball and hockey going on in some cities, not to mention any non-sports events.

As 29-4 said, the Chase schedule was set years ago and for years to come, and the NFL is too big to change its schedule for anything short of major weather disasters or another Sept. 11th.

@Clutch

I hate to bother you but do you know if the race is online anywhere?
If you have NBC on cable or satellite service, you can watch it here:

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

Also, check the pinned 'TV' discussion up top. Sliced Bread posted a new link earlier in the week.

He says he will stream at 1.30pm Eastern but hasn't given us the link yet. Hang tight. :)

Thank you so much. You've been a life saver these last couple of weeks. I doubt I will get to see much of the rest of the race season, thanks to my kitchen fire. :(

We need good tracks and boring and boring tracks......I think.

If you are bored this afternoon , there are some really good golfing bouts on the golfing channel and I hear the newest Super Mario games are 'to die for ' .

Back
Top Bottom