26-10

hmmm >> I have been watching racing Since its been on TV >> So I guess you went to the races back in the early 70's and before that??

I'm really confused here now. Since when does taking a stupid idea and putting it in motion make it a good idea?

This is one of the best things to happen and its only for this season plus they havent said its only going to be the top ten. they are thinking baout setting a certain point qualification to make the playoffs.

Then I guess I'm missing the entire point of changing to the new system then. If they don't make the selected drivers, after the cut off race, all go back to zero points then what's the point of switching to the new system? Its going to be the same friggin thing.

not really because the people who make the cut will be able to win the cup and all those people will be at zero to start with in the last ten races.

This will only be for one season. The last 10 races will cost Nascar so much in money ans tv ratings. it will be gone at the end of this year.

Originally posted by Tommy29@Jan 9 2004, 06:24 PM
This is one of the best things to happen and its only for this season plus they havent said its only going to be the top ten. they are thinking baout setting a certain point qualification to make the playoffs.
NO. This is stupid. A bunch of fabricated shuffling around for the video game/reality tv demographic.

This is going to work...Oh Yeah. And it looks like the drivers will keep their points after 10 races >> and drivers that are within so many points of the leader will be allowed to be in the playoff system!

Originally posted by Windsor377+Jan 9 2004, 08:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Windsor377 @ Jan 9 2004, 08:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Jan 9 2004, 06:24 PM
NO. This is stupid. A bunch of fabricated shuffling around for the video game/reality tv demographic. [/b][/quote]
Whats wrong with change and trying to bring in new viewers to the sport? God some people are like so protective over things they are into and they dont want things to change. Well things change thats life accept it. I think this is a phoenominal idea and will bring more attenion to the sport especially to the last ten races. May be after this year Nascar will actually be considered a real sport to the people who believe it isnt.

Change for a postive result is fine. Change for a short term gee-wiz spike of interest is a load. Gimmicks, like fads come and go. I'll get used to something if it makes sense. I'm not going to drink the cool-aid because "somebody" said it's a good idea.

The networks are worried about loosing viewers when football takes off? The point structure has nothing to do with that. The networks need to take a good close look at their gee-wiz productions with floating bubble heads, criss-crossing pointers, doobly, doobly, doobly sounds (and other computer generated sound distractions), addressing the lowest common viewing denominator, while at the same time failing to cover the action on the track and in the pits.

If NASCAR is interested in drawing the video game crowd, fine, sell them a buch of video games where all kinds of stupid hair brained scenarios can be acted out. Where they can all try to achieve the "next level" or get voted out.

In the mean time, don't insult the racers and race fans who have built the sport and have a clear cut understanding of what a Championship is.

nascar should have told the driver and teams they are interested in a points change, this year run the regular points, and have a ghost championchip at the end of the year, then ask the drivers if they liked that format, and then switch if they do

Here is one driver who is glad they made the change.

"I like it," said Michael Waltrip. "Having 10 guys with a shot at a championship with 10 races to go is a story. I think it will add to our sport. All the negative talk about it means that people are afraid of change. It's scary at times. The more people understand what the proposed change might do, the more they'll like it. If I'm the networks, I love it. If I'm a race fan, I love it."

Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 11 2004, 04:46 PM

"I like it," said Michael Waltrip. "Having 10 guys with a shot at a championship with 10 races to go is a story. I think it will add to our sport. All the negative talk about it means that people are afraid of change. It's scary at times. The more people understand what the proposed change might do, the more they'll like it. If I'm the networks, I love it. If I'm a race fan, I love it."
ok,that's one driver for the play-offs,out of how many drivers? :lol:

The driver voting seems to mirror the fan voting as well ;)

Originally posted by majestyx@Jan 9 2004, 09:40 PM
dw7xwcc, you are wasting your breath with flyboy! Just always remember! He knows everything. He..........never mind. ;)
i'm sorry i forgot.
thanks !!!

Everybody hates the BCS too, but it's all people talk about at the end of the college football season. They may hate it, but the ratings and following of college football are at an all time high. To me college football and racing have the most loyal fans of any sport. Nascar fans support their drivers fiercly and college football fans follow their teams religiously. I don't see the points change really hurting Nascars fan base. Even you old foggies, who think everything was better 40 years ago and they shouldn't change anything by gawd and you young guys don't know squat (that's a joke by the way), will still be watching every weekend and talking about it. Maybe not favorably, but you will still be talking about it and still watching. Like it or not Nascar will have to cater to the younger generation to stay strong, the old schoolers aren't gonna live forever.

Hawk

Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 11 2004, 03:46 PM

Great. One confirmed loudmouth buttkissing idiot likes it. There's a shocker.

Im split 50-50 on this new points format. In a way, I like it, because it provides a race within a race type of thing, but then again, I dont because it makes the first 26 races less important. I will hold out judgement though because I want to see how it will affect competition on the track.

If they do go with this though, my main problem is the current schedule for the last 10 races... which leads me to a new thread...

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Jan 12 2004, 10:44 AM

Great. One confirmed loudmouth buttkissing idiot likes it. There's a shocker.
Woah! Easy on the guy.

Originally posted by esorlxaw+Jan 12 2004, 09:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (esorlxaw @ Jan 12 2004, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum@Jan 12 2004, 10:44 AM

Great.&nbsp; One confirmed loudmouth buttkissing idiot likes it.&nbsp; There's a shocker.
Woah! Easy on the guy. [/b][/quote]
why ??
can you dispute the fact mikey's a butt kisser :lol: :lol:

I think the new point system sucks..... why would they go and f'ed things up after 33 years..... I think it wont be fun.. I spend over Million Dollars a year at nascar tracks..... and on races..... i am not even sure if i go to more then 3..... All Star Race is my 1st cup race of the year..

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 12 2004, 03:40 PM
I think the new point system sucks..... why would they go and f'ed things up after 33 years..... I think it wont be fun.. I spend over Million Dollars a year at nascar tracks..... and on races..... i am not even sure if i go to more then 3..... All Star Race is my 1st cup race of the year..
Please be realistic. A million dollars??? :wacko:

you spend a $1,000,000.00+ at Nascar races per year ??

Please i need some help to finish building my 1 bedroom cabin in the mountians if your not goin you can throw some of that $$ my way.

Originally posted by majestyx+Jan 12 2004, 03:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Jan 12 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 12 2004, 03:40 PM
Please be realistic. A million dollars??? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
exactly what I was thinking. :bslfag:

no exact million is a run figure that i couldve figured... I spend more then 15,000 a week last season...

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 12 2004, 04:38 PM
no exact million is a run figure that i couldve figured... I spend more then 15,000 a week last season...
That's still a little out of the realm for an 18 year old kid. But, if you say so..... :unsure:

OOPs..,uh--- YOU I can generally understand Maj. You pulled one of Gollum's tricks didnt you? Maybe I just type to slow.

Or as is popular to phrase it:

"maybe i just run figured type not fast...i know figured you that"

Now thats how to phrase a sentence KK!

Gollum find 15 grand a little hard to belive. But if you say so. :lol:

Originally posted by Hawk3270@Jan 12 2004, 10:21 AM
Everybody hates the BCS too, but it's all people talk about at the end of the college football season.  They may hate it, but the ratings and following of college football are at an all time high.  To me college football and racing have the most loyal fans of any sport.  Nascar fans support their drivers fiercly and college football fans follow their teams religiously.  I don't see the points change really hurting Nascars fan base.  Even you old foggies, who think everything was better 40 years ago and they shouldn't change anything by gawd and you young guys don't know squat (that's a joke by the way), will still be watching every weekend and talking about it.  Maybe not favorably, but you will still be talking about it and still watching.  Like it or not Nascar will have to cater to the younger generation to stay strong, the old schoolers aren't gonna live forever.

Hawk
Good post, but I'd say the younger racers and fans aren't as stupid as NASCAR thinks they are. I turned my back on NASCAR the first time at the age of 18 when they went off on a dark period and didn't return for 9 years when they finaly came to their senses. I'm prepared to do it again.

Sure, there are some none race types who might be temporarily attracted to this stupid approach, but do you really think those types of "fans" will be around for the long haul? I don't. I the mean time, Nextel Cup will not get any of my attention.

I've stayed out of this for the most part so far.

I've never watch or attending NASCAR events because of the methods they use to crown their champions. I've always watched because of the racing action in each individual race. As long as the racing action is good, I'll watch/ attend the races.

I really don't give a flyin' leap how they choose to pick the champion, as long as that method doesn't encourage boring racing.

Originally posted by majestyx+Jan 12 2004, 05:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Jan 12 2004, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 12 2004, 04:38 PM
That's still a little out of the realm for an 18 year old kid. But, if you say so..... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
I got paid close to 85,000 a year from a local Insurance Company

That is how i can afford goin to race

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 12 2004, 03:40 PM
i am not even sure if i go to more then 3..... All Star Race is my 1st cup race of the year..
link
KaseyKahne_9_38 Said
I spent over 300 bucks in Fan Club and I got to 8 Races a year

:cheers: I think I'll have a cold one................LOL!
It's getting a little too deep in here.............LOL!

Originally posted by de7xwcc+Jan 12 2004, 04:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (de7xwcc @ Jan 12 2004, 04:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -esorlxaw@Jan 12 2004, 09:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum
@Jan 12 2004, 10:44 AM

Great.  One confirmed loudmouth buttkissing idiot likes it.  There's a shocker.

Woah! Easy on the guy.
why ??
can you dispute the fact mikey's a butt kisser :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Butt kisser or no, just because the guy doesn't bite the hand that feeds him doesn't make him an idiot. Of course, who would do it if Mikey didn't? SOMEBODY's gotta do it, love the sinner, hate the sin.

Back
Top Bottom