As if we didn't see this coming...

They blew free agency by letting Ellsbury and Salty go and are now facing being last in the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

.......Yeah

Yeah, and they have won 3 World Series in the last 10 seasons. I think they, and many Red Sox fans like myself will deal with a couple last place finishes for a few WS titles. You know the old saying, if your not first your last? Well there is a benefit to being last in sports like baseball, the draft. There isn't a benefit to be last in a sport like NASCAR, but there is in other sports.

Probably not, because I am sure once they make the announcement they will want sponsors and Carl there. Say it is Gibbs, I am sure they can announce that they will move to a 4th car next year with Driver and Sponsors to be announced later. If Gibbs announced that everyone would pretty much know who they are going to put in there.

didn't happen for Kenseth that way until the September gag order was gone. that's why I was curious to see if the team would make the announcement. Month and a half wait if he has to do it like Kenseth.

Biffle is a choke and will never win a championship.
You got a picture of Harvick..almost the exact same record and years, and Harv is winless just like the Biff. Choker calling the chokee a choker. They both need to step up, times a wasting and they aren't getting any younger. Man I wouldn't want to be in Jack's shoes with Stenhouse and Bayne along with Biffle for a team, somebody better step up and quick. Harvick with his record is at least in the chase and Jack's money pony is flying the coop. Maybe morale will improve back at the shop after the announcement is out in the open.

You got a picture of Harvick..almost the exact same record and years, and Harv is winless just like the Biff. Choker calling the chokee a choker. They both need to step up, times a wasting and they aren't getting any younger.
Figures you would be a Biffle fan.

Yeah, and they have won 3 World Series in the last 10 seasons. I think they, and many Red Sox fans like myself will deal with a couple last place finishes for a few WS titles. You know the old saying, if your not first your last? Well there is a benefit to being last in sports like baseball, the draft. There isn't a benefit to be last in a sport like NASCAR, but there is in other sports.

I would agree but baseball drafts are wonky. It takes forever for a prospect to become good and so many first rounders flame out. In the NBA and NFL finishing last can be a benefit (See: The Colts and Andrew Luck) but in MLB? I just don't know.

I see Fenway eventually pulling the plug on the NASCAR team if things continue as they are. As much as John Henry likes to race, he also doesn't like to lose. There's no way Fenway will be happy with the performance of Stenhouse/Bayne/Biffle. Biffle may make the Chase, but the other two will be lucky to finish in the top 20 in the points. I don't know how much sway Henry has but I see changes coming or Fenway's money is gone.

You got a picture of Harvick..almost the exact same record and years, and Harv is winless just like the Biff. Choker calling the chokee a choker. They both need to step up, times a wasting and they aren't getting any younger. Man I wouldn't want to be in Jack's shoes with Stenhouse and Bayne along with Biffle for a team, somebody better step up and quick. Harvick with his record is at least in the chase and Jack's money pony is flying the coop. Maybe morale will improve back at the shop after the announcement is out in the open.
Looks like the record is well in Harvick's favor, and Roush was better than RCR for most of the period.

pma1bWk.png

Yeah, but like I said, I wonder if the team he is going to can or will announce Carl being on the team without being out of contract. I can't see how Roush can put a gag order on the team he is going to.

Yeah, but out of respect, why would the team he is going to create a **** storm for him worse than it already is?

Yeah, but out of respect, why would the team he is going to create a **** storm for him worse than it already is?
I don't think Carl has a problem with the media, and I would say that his new teams announcement where he is going to would be for publicity purposes, just like Roush's was. But if it is in September until Carl can utter a peep, that is still way before the season is over so what's the difference if his new team lets the cat out of the bag.

From Jayski

• Ford Racing Statement on Carl Edwards Departure: Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing - "Carl Edwards has been a part of the Ford family for a decade, and it will certainly be tough to see him leave Ford and Roush Fenway Racing. During Carl's time with Roush, he has represented Ford Motor Company with the utmost class, both on and off the track. We at Ford Racing did everything to facilitate keeping Carl a part of the Ford Racing & Roush Fenway family, but in the end that option did not come to fruition. While we are disappointed in his decision to leave Roush Fenway Racing, we certainly want to extend our appreciation for Carl's contributions winning races and a NASCAR Nationwide Series Championship in a Ford, and especially for his outreach to Ford fans. That said, with this decision out of the way, our plan for 2014 has not changed. We will go forward strongly with our stated goal of securing a NASCAR championship for Ford."(Ford Racing)(7-27-2014)

Well this confirms he won't be going to Penske or RPM

Even more slimy by Roush considering he had two weeks with nothing going on to announce this, yet waited until this morning to do so.

I like Jack. He is one of the sport's most colorful characters, but what he pulled this morning is bull**** IMO. You just neutered your lead driver, and created **** for the sponsors. Yeah, let's go over to the Fastenal tent and listen to our lame duck driver tell us how great we are. I now understand why Jack has difficulty in attracting sponsors. Pulled the same **** with Matt. Not impressed. Hope Carl haunts him.
I don't think Carl has a problem with the media, and I would say that his new teams announcement where he is going to would be for publicity purposes, just like Roush's was. But if it is in September until Carl can utter a peep, that is still way before the season is over so what's the difference if his new team lets the cat out of the bag.

Carl is outstanding with the media when he is in control. Clearly a different beast when he is on the defensive. His new team would be setting him up IMO. The better way to handle that is the way JGR does.....Presser complete with JGR shirts. Answer all of the dumb ass questions in an hour, then refer to said answers for the rest of the year. Any thoughts on bombshell Chevy team?

From Jayski

• Ford Racing Statement on Carl Edwards Departure: Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing - "Carl Edwards has been a part of the Ford family for a decade, and it will certainly be tough to see him leave Ford and Roush Fenway Racing. During Carl's time with Roush, he has represented Ford Motor Company with the utmost class, both on and off the track. We at Ford Racing did everything to facilitate keeping Carl a part of the Ford Racing & Roush Fenway family, but in the end that option did not come to fruition. While we are disappointed in his decision to leave Roush Fenway Racing, we certainly want to extend our appreciation for Carl's contributions winning races and a NASCAR Nationwide Series Championship in a Ford, and especially for his outreach to Ford fans. That said, with this decision out of the way, our plan for 2014 has not changed. We will go forward strongly with our stated goal of securing a NASCAR championship for Ford."(Ford Racing)(7-27-2014)

Well this confirms he won't be going to Penske or RPM

hhmmmm..........most of press release is in past tense.....when referencing carl.
sounds like ole carl won't be gettin any hi level ford corp speed secrets for his chase races ! ha!

Wonder how much Carl will say that *enter another brand other than ford* makes the greatest cars.

Wonder how much Carl will say that *enter another brand other than ford* makes the greatest cars.

Can't wait if it's Toyota. I have an idea how he will spin it. It will be entertaining. IMO.

This is turning into the multiple weather thread for the upcoming race weekend. Man, that seems like such a long time ago. :D

Can't wait if it's Toyota. I have an idea how he will spin it. It will be entertaining. IMO.

He's a year too late, they needed him to spin the Exploda's. Carl: " it just a little something that we need to fix, the guys are working hard on getting it fixed, no kidding, Exploda's are great cars, tell em Carl sent ya."

I wonder if subway and aflac will go with him to whatever team he goes to...

I wonder if subway and aflac will go with him to whatever team he goes to...

Was wondering that myself. Doubtful a new sponsor enters the mix IMO. Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom