Atlanta RACE thread

I can't wait until I never hear "aero push" again. Unfortunately, you'd have to cut about a mile out of every 1.5 mile track to achieve that. Or just take over the IMSA schedule.

I can't wait until I never hear "aero push" again. Unfortunately, you'd have to cut about a mile out of every 1.5 mile track to achieve that. Or just take over the IMSA schedule.

Or take a bunch of downforce away from the cars. That'd be nice. I don't know why everyone except nascar understands this.

BwaJHAuCIAA5NGm.jpg
The culprit

Geoff Bodine holds the Atlanta track record at over 197mph in 1997. Those cars had half the downforce compared to the current car. The racing was better in 1997.

EARTH TO NASCAR: ITS POSSIBLE TO GO FAST, AND HAVE GOOD RACING.

1.5's was nascar idea of expansion because they could fit more seats than at the short tracks they abandoned. Now they are ripping those seats out, but not reconfiguring into short tracks. The problem isn't fewer fans, the problem is too many seats. Typical nascar thinking.

Back
Top Bottom