Blocking

The plate tracks have become blocking tracks. We see the leader moving between 2 lines when he doesn't have someone on the outside. Moving a blocker is the norm at most tracks but it's the big one at the plate tracks and the drivers exploit that.

I think Kez needs to get to the front with one car ahead of him, spin that car and cause the big one.Dega strategy Kez style.

I think Kez needs to get to the front with one car ahead of him, spin that car and cause the big one.Dega strategy Kez style.

We can only hope. Perhaps Tony can help by blocking Brad on the last lap, just so he has an excuse.......and to make up for that nasty dent he made in the 2 car.

man, I was close to this prediction, but was holding my breath when Kenseth was behind Kez, but I'll be dammed if Kenseth didn't start pushing him to the front.:idunno:

Are we still against blocking? The subject seems to have died down after watching a race full of it yesterday.
The leader blocks on plate tracks (that's the way it is) and no one behind the leader can do anything about it without causing the big one.

man, I was close to this prediction, but was holding my breath when Kenseth was behind Kez, but I'll be dammed if Kenseth didn't start pushing him to the front.:idunno:
I think Kenseth was trying to get the best finish possible to advance in the chase and only chance he had to pass Kez was to get him clear of the field.

I've seen drunks stay between the lines better than JJ did when leading. One slight miscue on his part could have started the humongous one. And who would be at fault? Not the VA -J-J

I've seen drunks stay between the lines better than JJ did when leading. One slight miscue on his part could have started the humongous one. And who would be at fault? Not the VA -J-J

Driving his line you mean? Blocking is in the eye of the beholder . Besides , it only really matters if a wreck is the result.

When you're running the low line and the 2nd or3rd lane starts to gain ground on you and you move up in front of them then the line you just left gets a run and starts moving up and you go back down in front of them, rinse and repeat, yeah that's not running "his" line, that's blocking.

When you're running the low line and the 2nd or3rd lane starts to gain ground on you and you move up in front of them then the line you just left gets a run and starts moving up and you go back down in front of them, rinse and repeat, yeah that's not running "his" line, that's blocking.

Is it blocking or trying to take advantage of an aero push from those cars moving ahead in the other lane ? Those guys are pushing a big wall of air ahead of them , anyone would be a fool not to move over and take advantage.

I guess its called surviving......scanning the mirror more than the track ahead

Is it blocking or trying to take advantage of an aero push from those cars moving ahead in the other lane ? Those guys are pushing a big wall of air ahead of them , anyone would be a fool not to move over and take advantage.
What Jimmie was doing would have been more appropriate with 5 to go. He was blocking like crazy with 30 to go & an entire pit cycle left. Although normally being in the lead is the safest spot to be in to avoid the big one. Maybe that was his train of thought.

Either way he gave it one hell of an effort but nobody wanted to work with him at the end. Imo his eradic blocking pissed some folks off & thats why they left him hanging out to dry on the GWC.

"You can't drive Talladega without looking in the mirror," the No. 2 driver said. "I think I more just kind of laughed in an irony way, appreciating the irony… To me, it was just funny how this racing world works out. I don't know why it is that way, I don’t know why it seems like every week where there's either a fight in the garage or a mishap or something like that happens, that those two cars and people end up together whether it was our cars were parked together in the garage area or on the race track for the win in the closing laps at Talladega."

It just seems weird that with 43 cars jumping lanes on every lap , trying to hold their position from attackers behind and advance their position by jumping into the faster line , the only car accused of blocking is the leader . (And that depends on his car number)

Back
Top Bottom