BRISTOL: ESPN/ABC's annual middle finger to NASCAR fans

They moved the beginning of an snf gm once because the president was speaking about something.

My timelines may be crossing here, but NBC didn't pick up SNF until after they had stopped airing NASCAR, right? So that conflict will be a new one?

My timelines may be crossing here, but NBC didn't pick up SNF until after they had stopped airing NASCAR, right? So that conflict will be a new one?
2006 was both the first season of SNF and the last season of NASCAR on NBC, so there was a one year overlap.

2006 they coexisted. Rain delay at Texas caused nbc not air their early evening pregame show. Race ended, hard cut to nfl covg, post race went to cnbc. A similar incident happened in 2005 with USC/notre dame FB running long. It ended and after a quick recap they switched to the Charlotte race just as the green was waving

They moved the beginning of an snf gm once because the president was speaking about something.

A speech that was being shown on MSNBC, ABC and CBS. It wasn't a necessary move. But they did it anyways. And, in 2006, NBC pre-empted Football Night in America to air the conclusion of NASCAR races.

I'm sure there will be some overlap and overflow in general. From my understanding, NBC and NBCSN will be using USA and CNBC for overflow coverage. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were NASCAR races on USA in 2016, since NBC uses NBCSN for Team USA events in the Summer Olympics. They used to use USA for that, now they don't use USA at all for the Olympics.

USA and cnbc for some practices and quals. I wouldn't expect any races on USA or cnbc even during the olympics. Though that will be interesting to see how they handle that. I'd guess that the olympics will return to USA in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom