Changes coming to lower tier series in 2015

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/nascar/nationwide/nascar-makes-changes-to-second-tier-series/

The updates include:

• Beginning next season, the qualifying rule for the XFINITY Series (currently the NASCAR Nationwide Series) and the Camping World Truck Series will resemble that of the Sprint Cup Series, and will emphasize speed.
  • The Camping World Truck Series maximum starting field will be set at 32 trucks.
  • The driver’s last name will be featured on the back window of each series’ cars and trucks, helping fans to better identify the drivers.

I was expecting a chase format for the XFINITY and Camping World series.

seriously though I thought the qualifying was the same...?

Yawn. Absolutely nothing of substance here. Names on the rear windows and qualifying changes? Who gives a baker's ****?

The feeder series are still broken. It'll still be a Penske and Gibbs playground next year as it has been the last several. Nascar refuses to get it. The Cup guys running their Cup equipment every week has priced all the Nationwide/Xfinity/Truck only teams out of the sport, except for a couple. Hence why they keep shortening the fields. It's pure satire.

Which are correlated with higher speed.

I don't know what Brian is getting at here.

His comments are obviously aimed at idiot non fans , who , hearing of Nascar's new emphasis on speed , will flock to sport . Please .. give me a break . Who wants those idiots anyway ? Let them watch golf.

I guess I've been watching a different "qualifying" for the past few years because I'm pretty sure it already emphasizes speed. Guess I'm missing something. :confused:

I wasn't aware that the single car time trials didn't emphasize speed. What the hell else would they emphasize?
It's good that they're moving away from locking in so many teams on owner points but to be quite honest the entry lists for both series (especially Truck) don't often exceed the maximum field anyways.

Ha, like the 32 truck field rule will have to be used at anywhere other than Daytona.

Beginning next season, the qualifying rule for the XFINITY Series (currently the NASCAR Nationwide Series) and the Camping World Truck Series will resemble that of the Sprint Cup Series, and will emphasize speed.

Thing I don't like is how they say what Brian France said, before explaining the difference. The NASCAR.com journalism does that now. And they've gotten rid of all the columnists.

I heard that Anheuser-Busch was going to sponsor the Nationwide series in 2016, they were going to call it the Busch Series.

Please tell me someone got the joke...

Yes......... I got the joke u funny

So....no booting the cuppers out of the feeder series?

Hunt Brothers Pizza sponsoring Harvick in 4 races in 2015:
Hunt Brothers Pizza, the nation's largest brand of made-to-order pizza in the convenience store industry, is returning to the NASCAR XFINITY Series in 2015 with its sponsorship of Kevin Harvick and JR Motorsports. For the second consecutive season, Hunt Brothers Pizza will serve as primary sponsor on Harvick's #88 Chevrolet for four XFINITY Series races. Harvick, a two-time series champion and winner of 84 races across NASCAR's three national series, will share driving duties of JR Motorsports' #88 entry in 2015 with veteran drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne. To date, Harvick has earned four victories, 12 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes in 14 starts during his debut season racing part-time for JR Motorsports.(Hunt Brothers Pizza)(10-22-2014)

Hunt Brothers Pizza sponsoring Harvick in 4 races in 2015: Hunt Brothers Pizza, the nation's largest brand of made-to-order pizza in the convenience store industry, is returning to the NASCAR XFINITY Series in 2015 with its sponsorship of Kevin Harvick and JR Motorsports. For the second consecutive season, Hunt Brothers Pizza will serve as primary sponsor on Harvick's #88 Chevrolet for four XFINITY Series races. Harvick, a two-time series champion and winner of 84 races across NASCAR's three national series, will share driving duties of JR Motorsports' #88 entry in 2015 with veteran drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne. To date, Harvick has earned four victories, 12 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes in 14 starts during his debut season racing part-time for JR Motorsports.(Hunt Brothers Pizza)(10-22-2014)
That's a part of it that's overlooked I think in the whole "Cup drivers in Nationwide" debate. Some of these sponsors can't afford to sponsor Kevin Harvick or Joey Logano or Brad Keselowski in Cup but they can afford to sponsor them in Nationwide. They may not be interested in having some young no-name kid drive their car otherwise and may not spend their SponsorBucks™ in the sport otherwise. There's pros and cons to every decision made.

That's a part of it that's overlooked I think in the whole "Cup drivers in Nationwide" debate. Some of these sponsors can't afford to sponsor Kevin Harvick or Joey Logano or Brad Keselowski in Cup but they can afford to sponsor them in Nationwide. They may not be interested in having some young no-name kid drive their car otherwise and may not spend their SponsorBucks™ in the sport otherwise. There's pros and cons to every decision made.

Yeah, that's good point. Thing is, if Cup drivers....it'd have to be Cup drivers running for Sprint Cup points - were banned, there'd be teams shutting down, but overall, I still think it'd be a good thing.

To say that Cup series drivers should be banned from competing in lower series cause it doesn't happen in any other sport, I don't agree with that statement, cause I don't think having Cup drivers racing in a few of the races is necessarily a bad thing. There have always been Cup drivers racing in some of the events. People only started having having a problem with it when they started competing for championships. I think it should be so that Cup Series drivers should not be winning more races than Nationwide Series drivers. I guess the ratio shouldn't be any higher than 16-17; 16 for Cup drivers and 17 for non-cup drivers, drivers competing in the Truck Series for points being included as well.

it has been beat to death, but most stick n ballers who compare auto racing forget that racing consists of individual teams who have to exist with sponsor money. A similar comparison would be for every individual player on a ball team having a sponsor and be able to play on any league he could afford to play for provided he had a sponsor to back him. But football cleats, pads and a helmet don't cost that much. Sounds insane. Yeah. Crazier yet? AAA baseball, minor league basketball and football don't have nationwide media coverage or the following that Nascar racing has to attract sponsors. Big name drivers competing in the lower series help keep the series alive and the lower series are also a minor league for sponsors who may or may not decide to invest more money to sponsor cup rides.

I wouldn't mind Cuppers racing in lower series if they didn't bring the Cup equipment and team with them. Maybe then the field would be a bit more even.

I wouldn't mind Cuppers racing in lower series if they didn't bring the Cup equipment and team with them. Maybe then the field would be a bit more even.

If they had to do that, I don't think there'd be nearly as many Sprint Cup drivers that would want to compete. Kyle Busch, and Kevin Harvick would be struggling in their own equipment.

Cuppers can race in the lower series, but they shouldn't be guaranteed a win just because they can afford Cup level equipment.

Once upon a time the cup guys would come down from Loudon and race at Thompson in a borrowed car. Jimmy Spencer, Mikey and Schrader IIRC put on a hell of a show one year and got a standing O from the crowd. Kenny Schrader ran a borrowed formula 4 mustang at Seekonk one year and said he had a hell of a time.
The Busch series was slipping and letting cuppers run was the plan to increase the enthusiasm of the fans..
Let the cuppers run for fun, no points or money. See how many stick around..

If they had to do that, I don't think there'd be nearly as many Sprint Cup drivers that would want to compete. Kyle Busch, and Kevin Harvick would be struggling in their own equipment.

Kyle races his own trucks and doesnt struggle

They bring nationwide car to nationwide races, trucks to truck races

You seriously can't compare the equipment they bring to the equipment of teams that only race NW or Trucks bring to the tracks. That's just ludicrous.

Back
Top Bottom