Congrats!!!!

Ya, I'm not sure what all this talk about the new package hurting Penske. I know the 22 hasn't had the year he had last year but that was going to be really hard to duplicate. As it is, he's 5th in points.

Ya, I'm not sure what all this talk about the new package hurting Penske. I know the 22 hasn't had the year he had last year but that was going to be really hard to duplicate. As it is, he's 5th in points.

Well, it seems to vary on who it affects or benefits. The Gibbs cars seem to not like it much as they did early in the season.....just based on results lately.

Wow, crickets.....LOL. Nobody enjoying JLo in the Chase? Well, I am....hope they rattle some cages in the process......

Wow, crickets.....LOL. Nobody enjoying JLo in the Chase? Well, I am....hope they rattle some cages in the process......

I'm pretty pumped about it.. just got here lol

He put on a hell of a show thats for sure!

I'm not as excited as I am relieved.. It's been a long time coming I'm just glad he's got that win in the bag to secure a chase spot... 9/13 of Joeys wins at Penske (including this one) have come at this point in the season or later so Im excited about the rest of the season.

I am always glad to see another Blue Oval in Victory Lane and the Chase. I didn't worry to much about Joey making the cut. He has been fast and close on several occasions this year and I knew he would knock it out eventually.

I hope he goes on a tear like he did last season and peaks at the end. BK is my guy but I like to see Joey do good, especially when it pisses off entitled drivers like Kenseth and Busch bros.....

I wouldn't be surprised to see him knock out at least a couple more. Last year was a pretty good year for Penske that will be hard to repeat. I hope they can get Blaney up there for a win.

It was good for the 22 but Brad didn't run too great last year. The 2 team seems to be getting things figured out...hope it continues.

I really like how team Penske seems to be setting up their two cars differently each week. The 22 has great short-run speed and restarts while the 2 has been dominant on long runs. Makes me giddy thinking about potentially putting both together in the chase.

This thread hearkens back to last year, when a couple of Kyle Busch fanboys posted hundreds of obnoxious messages intended to rub everyone's nose in it when Kyle won races and the 2015 championship. IMO, those guys had a misguided approach to the RF community and to celebrating their guy's success. They have been a lot more neighborly this year, thankfully. The last thing I want to see is fans of another driver responding in kind, because it is childish and obnoxious. (And I am a fan of the 22.)

I'm sorry.....:(

Just want to get the goats of everyone bashing the Penske boys because neither apologize apologize for racing, when it appears they are the only 2 that are supposed to. And the haters seem to enjoy their misery and failings, so I want to gloat when the Penske boys succeed....

I care about guys that go balls out for the win, that's why my two main favorites are Rowdy and Joey. It's funny all this talk about the "young guns" and those guys are absolute talents and I like them as well, but Joey is only 26 and 3 years older then Larson, and about Austin Dillon's age lol. They might as well get used to finishing 2nd to him all the time.

Gloating not good.

Graceful winning good.

I know....was a Mark Martin fan so rarely got flack about him...except when he threatened DE or JG for titles. Not used to having to defend my driver....sorry.

Hollywood is the only win that counts so being there in the top 4 and running top 5-10 every week is good.

Of course if they want Tony to win it all they will find away.

I don't understand when JL became such a bad guy. If you think JL's driving is bad go back and watch AJ Foyt's driving style or Esr's driving style he didn't get his nick name for nothing.

I'm as happy as anyone about the JLO win. Now time to get some more and hopefully get the 21 and at least one of the Roush cars in the chase. If the Ford can't win go SHR.

He always has been this way.

Joey, like Kyle, is an extremely aggressive racer and, like Kyle, Joey has a problem with other people racing him hard. Or at all.
I don't agree with the claim that Logano "has a problem with other people racing him hard." I never really paid any mind to JL in his early Gibbs years, so maybe your claim is rooted in that ancient history of Joey's teenage years. I've been more aware of him over the last ~4 years, since being fired by Gibbs and then hired by Penske.

You are correct that he races aggressively. I believe he is often too aggressive in the early laps, and needs to save his aggression for the final third or final quarter of the race. But to claim Logano expects others to race him any different than Joey himself races, is just not true, in my opinion. He's not very popular, and consequently he gets a lot of cheap shots, and I believe this is one.

I don't agree with the claim that Logano "has a problem with other people racing him hard." I never really paid any mind to JL in his early Gibbs years, so maybe your claim is rooted in that ancient history of Joey's teenage years. I've been more aware of him over the last ~4 years, since being fired by Gibbs and then hired by Penske.

You are correct that he races aggressively. I believe he is often too aggressive in the early laps, and needs to save his aggression for the final third or final quarter of the race. But to claim Logano expects others to race him any different than Joey himself races, is just not true, in my opinion. He's not very popular, and consequently he gets a lot of cheap shots, and I believe this is one.

He's the one who wrecked Ryan Newman one year then complained that Newman raced him too hard. He's done a lot of whining during his career. Not to mention, the media hyped him for years as the future greatest ever in the history of ever of all time so he was already met with disdain. And he wasn't much liked up north when he raced growing up either. Like Kyle, Joey's gonna have to do a lot to win the fans over.

^ Yep, the Newman deal was 2010... age 19? Maybe 20?

There is a BIG difference between "hyped by the media" and "has a problem with other people racing him hard." Those two things are not the same at all.

Anyone who races like Mr. E did is OK in my book regardless of who gets wrecked. Beats the heck out of whiners like Jeff, Matt and Harvick.

This thread hearkens back to last year, when a couple of Kyle Busch fanboys posted hundreds of obnoxious messages intended to rub everyone's nose in it when Kyle won races and the 2015 championship. IMO, those guys had a misguided approach to the RF community and to celebrating their guy's success. They have been a lot more neighborly this year, thankfully. The last thing I want to see is fans of another driver responding in kind, because it is childish and obnoxious. (And I am a fan of the 22.)

If you are talking about me, you are misguided. It has never been my intention to rub anybody's nose into anything. What you witnessed was simple happiness. Happiness that was immune to the occasional pissy crap that shows up around here. IMO a forum is a place for an enthusiast to be enthusiastic, and so I am. I have always tried to be neighborly--this is not new. Ask @SlicedBread22 about my congratulatory messages, and genuine happiness for him when Joey wins. Ask me about messages I have received from folks who stay away now because of posts like this. Come on man!

The Gibbs cars seem to not like it much as they did early in the season.....just based on results lately.

No question. This couldn't make them better--they were already too good. Time to respond. I love this sport.

If you are talking about me, you are misguided. It has never been my intention to rub anybody's nose into anything. What you witnessed was simple happiness. Happiness that was immune to the occasional pissy crap that shows up around here. IMO a forum is a place for an enthusiast to be enthusiastic, and so I am. I have always tried to be neighborly--this is not new. Ask @SlicedBread22 about my congratulatory messages, and genuine happiness for him when Joey wins. Ask me about messages I have received from folks who stay away now because of posts like this. Come on man!
I stand by my observations about what is neighborly and appropriate in a community such as R-F. This is not Twitter or some other stream of non-accountable drive-by morons never to be seen again. This is a community of regular, repeat visitors, and obnoxious behavior is obnoxious behavior.

I stand by my observations about what is neighborly and appropriate in a community such as R-F. This is not Twitter or some other stream of non-accountable drive-by morons never to be seen again. This is a community of regular, repeat visitors, and obnoxious behavior is obnoxious behavior.

Opinions vary regarding how topics should be addressed and/or how passion should be displayed. However, it is my opinion, that posters should not be flamed in any way, shape, or form; yet this regularly happens passively, aggressively, or both. When anything is said here that results in such feelings--and I have mentioned this before--it reeks of a frustrated adult in his/her mother's basement eating Happy Meals paying the world back. There are several here that are at their keyboards right now, ready to rip into my post. Go for it! Practice starts now, and self-indulgent perceptions of a recreational forum will become irrelevant because I will be watching--and loving--this sport so many bitch about. Love your posts man! Keep bringing it!

Opinions vary regarding how topics should be addressed and/or how passion should be displayed. However, it is my opinion, that posters should not be flamed in any way, shape, or form; yet this regularly happens passively, aggressively, or both. When anything is said here that results in such feelings--and I have mentioned this before--it reeks of a frustrated adult in his/her mother's basement eating Happy Meals paying the world back. There are several here that are at their keyboards right now, ready to rip into my post. Go for it! Practice starts now, and self-indulgent perceptions of a recreational forum will become irrelevant because I will be watching--and loving--this sport so many bitch about. Love your posts man! Keep bringing it!

Please try and control any and all "inappropriate" behavior, this includes enthusiasm BTW
Thank you in advance
:rolleyes::confused:

Seriously, who does?
You realize Kyle's the guy who used to go out and deliberately wreck people because they didn't bow to his excellency, right?

He's changed a lot since then, but it doesn't change his reputation. He still has a long way to go to win the fans over.

However, it is my opinion, that posters should not be flamed in any way, shape, or form; yet this regularly happens passively, aggressively, or both.

Sorry Revman, but you've just described yourself there. From my observations, it's ok if you do it but the hurt feelings you act like you are feeling when the tables are turned (even if only ever so slightly) show it's not alright when anything is directed at you. Now, I assume I'll see another passive aggressive post about people in their basements eating happy meals? You don't have to bother with replying directly to me, I won't engage you further.

Exactly correct.

Back
Top Bottom