Congrats!!!!

Dunno. I think that Kyle has listened to Coach, and done what is needed to do to appease sponsors, but I think that he is what he is--and his fans love it. I do believe that he puts a different product out there ("New Kyle"), but at the end of the day, he is the Kyle he has always been ("Old Kyle"), and that's just fine by me. My two cents.

Dunno. I think that Kyle has listened to Coach, and done what is needed to do to appease sponsors, but I think that he is what he is--and his fans love it. I do believe that he puts a different product out there ("New Kyle"), but at the end of the day, he is the Kyle he has always been ("Old Kyle"), and that's just fine by me. My two cents.

Kyle's spoken very publicly about how he doesn't like how fans boo him and don't like him. And he's done a lot to try to change his image. ESPN did a big, long feature on it a few years ago.

He needs more work. As stated, it is not his nature to be nice.

Kurt on the other hand is learning at a faster pace. Of course he knows where the door is.

Im still trying to figure out why ppl here think these drivers are so focused on "winning the fans over"... does that come with a trophy? No. I'm sure they all want more fans but to race differently to win them over is just not something any of these guys will do. You really think someone has anything like that on their mind while driving 200mph trying to make a pass for the win? Hell no.

Kyle's spoken very publicly about how he doesn't like how fans boo him and don't like him. And he's done a lot to try to change his image. ESPN did a big, long feature on it a few years ago.

Was that before or after his "Haters are motivators" mantra? Before or after his reference to Senior suggesting that when fans stop booing, then you have a problem? Yeah, I do believe that Kyle has done much to change his image on the request of Coach, but I am not sure that it was done to please the fan who hates him. Despite what I have seen on this board and heard on NASCAR Radio, Kyle did much to gain fans by winning the Championship the way he did. Everybody loves Championship gear. That stuff is cool. Would love a link to that ESPN feature.

Was that before or after his "Haters are motivators" mantra? Before or after his reference to Senior suggesting that when fans stop booing, then you have a problem? Yeah, I do believe that Kyle has done much to change his image on the request of Coach, but I am not sure that it was done to please the fan who hates him. Despite what I have seen on this board and heard on NASCAR Radio, Kyle did much to gain fans by winning the Championship the way he did. Everybody loves Championship gear. That stuff is cool. Would love a link to that ESPN feature.

"Everybody loves Championship gear" -- that's fanboy talk there.

Kyle gained more fans after the wreck at Daytona and coming back with a new outlook on life than he did for winning the championship. And I don't know when he says "haters are motivators" or all that other stuff. The ESPN piece aired before a Bristol race on ABC I think. Year after the whole deal with Brad Keselowski.

If Kyle was fine with being booed and being hated, he's still go run XFINITY races and just crash people intentionally for sport, or give interviews after wrecks complaining about how the whole world is out to get him like Keselowski does.

Im still trying to figure out why ppl here think these drivers are so focused on "winning the fans over"... does that come with a trophy? No. I'm sure they all want more fans but to race differently to win them over is just not something any of these guys will do. You really think someone has anything like that on their mind while driving 200mph trying to make a pass for the win? Hell no.

Having a large fanbase could be the difference between having a job and not having a job if you have a few bad years. Look at Dale Jr, struggled for several years. Kasey Kahne continues to get rides with top teams in spite of not having done anything in years. The community, as a whole, gave AJ Allmendinger a second chance. Why? Fans.

If something happens to Joey Logano and he struggles for two or three seasons and he doesn't have a lot of fans, he could be out of the sport.

Anyone who thinks drivers like being hated is off their rocker and needs medication.

Jeff Gordon has said the way he was seen by fans and his fellow competitors after the incident with Clint Bowyer at Phoenix got to him.

Earnhardt had haters too but he had way more fans.

Look at Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. The NFL suspended Tom Brady for no good reason IMO but didn't even look into legitimate allegations about Peyton Manning. Why? Popularity.

Having a large fanbase could be the difference between having a job and not having a job if you have a few bad years. Look at Dale Jr, struggled for several years. Kasey Kahne continues to get rides with top teams in spite of not having done anything in years. The community, as a whole, gave AJ Allmendinger a second chance. Why? Fans.

If something happens to Joey Logano and he struggles for two or three seasons and he doesn't have a lot of fans, he could be out of the sport.
That is true.. but I doubt it will happen. He has more fans than the boards let on.

He is a freakin' Daytona 500 Champion. He can ride that into retirement. Come on man.

He has more fans than the boards let on.

Board members cannot be fans. It is childish, obnoxious, and moronic. So, yes, I would agree that Joey has many, many fans as well he should, he is a freakin' force in this sport right now.

I care about guys that go balls out for the win, that's why my two main favorites are Rowdy and Joey. It's funny all this talk about the "young guns" and those guys are absolute talents and I like them as well, but Joey is only 26 and 3 years older then Larson, and about Austin Dillon's age lol. They might as well get used to finishing 2nd to him all the time.

That is an awesome post man.....and you have two great choices for favorites. Careful about fanboi behavior. Strongly discouraged by the peanut gallery around here--considered childish, obnoxious, and moronic. Trust me. :D

How many posts is revman going to make complaining about other posters who are annoyed by him? We get it, bro.

Just playin' bro. Just want the high and mighties know that I love 'em. Good luck to your boy! He has one hell of a car, and he is using every bit of it. Gotta keep the tires on it tomorrow!

That is an awesome post man.....and you have two great choices for favorites. Careful about fanboi behavior. Strongly discouraged by the peanut gallery around here--considered childish, obnoxious, and moronic. Trust me. :D

But Kyle intentionally ran off track and hit a poor rabbit :(

Certainly he will stop when he finds out that you are bothered :booya:

Indeed, I am just here to spread the love now. Rating the racing, attendance, and television ratings are what I care about. Let's all just be happy. Trophies for everybody!

He's the one who wrecked Ryan Newman one year then complained that Newman raced him too hard. He's done a lot of whining during his career. Not to mention, the media hyped him for years as the future greatest ever in the history of ever of all time so he was already met with disdain. And he wasn't much liked up north when he raced growing up either. Like Kyle, Joey's gonna have to do a lot to win the fans over.
Love how in your mind what someone did in their teens is what you expect from them in their 20s, 30s and forever. So your sayin your the same person you were when you were 16? Man your a tough critic.

Indeed, I am just here to spread the love now. Rating the racing, attendance, and television ratings are what I care about. Let's all just be happy. Trophies for everybody!

Can I have the biggest trophy ? huh ..... can I ;)

Can I have the biggest trophy ? huh ..... can I ;)

Sorry, you get one of those participation sized trophies. I must stay objective....and focused. Can't wait for the aerial views of Sonoma to determine the crowd size, great racin', and oh golly wiz...the overnight ratings! Searching for a new avi as well. Thinking that mine might be too fanboi.....not sure why...maybe it's my Mount Rushmore of Racing? :D

Sorry, you get one of those participation sized trophies. I must stay objective....and focused. Can't wait for the aerial views of Sonoma to determine the crowd size, great racin', and oh golly wiz...the overnight ratings! Searching for a new avi as well. Thinking that mine might be too fanboi.....not sure why...maybe it's my Mount Rushmore of Racing? :D

Just glue an old piece of wood to the bottom of mine to make it taller.
Time for a Kyle Busch show today BTW

I'm gonna go ahead and carry this thread over...

Congrats Tony!! Hell of a run!

I hoped he would get at least one more.. and he did it in spectacular fashion!

Have to admit that I hated for my TRD powered Camry to lose, but he very definition of "intimidation" is to force somebody to do something they don't want to do because they are afraid of what might happened. Denny was intimidated all to hell. IMO, this makes Tony legendary. Congrats to him!

Lol I think people are way overblowing the whole "intimidation" thing. Denny simply knew Tony was gonna take him out for the win, so he tried the outside line hoping to carry the momentum off and make it harder to get to his bumper, unfortunately the tires were too worn off to pull off a move like that and he was a sitting duck. If he went in the normal way Tony would've dumped him. That's what happens when a chase berth is at stake.

Lol I think people are way overblowing the whole "intimidation" thing. Denny simply knew Tony was gonna take him out for the win, so he tried the outside line hoping to carry the momentum off and make it harder to get to his bumper, unfortunately the tires were too worn off to pull off a move like that and he was a sitting duck. If he went in the normal way Tony would've dumped him. That's what happens when a chase berth is at stake.

Good point, but I think what you described is the very definition of intimidation IMO. Denny changed how he attacked that corner because of what he thought Tony would do.

I can't like this post enough. I have said it before folks, this is racing not the Kardashians. It's not supposed to be a popularity contest. Granted it does take playing nice with other drivers in order to finish but as far as the fans go I never really give it much thought. When I see the checkered all bets are off.

Back
Top Bottom