Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

I wouldn't call kissing the wall with the right rear "plowing" it into the wall. Should they have a rule you cannot touch the wall? :rolleyes:
He smacked it twice hard enough to lose 3 positions 3/4 of the way thru the race lol. That ain't a kiss and it damn sure should (used to) cause enough damage to ruin a shot at winning. To answer your question tho, no there shouldn't be a rule, we just don't need army tanks in the top level of the sport.

It's an interesting take.

Because I think the gen 4 and COT, particularly the COT fits him like it fit Jimmie Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Jimmie Johnson win in three eras of racecar, and won championships in all three plus won under the Chase, the modified Chase, and the Jimmie-proof Playoff.

Jimmie Johnson was just that damn great.

Something about espn on 2007-10 I guess that was worse. I wouldn’t know I’m a Johnny Come Lately fan

Marty Reid is the worst announcer to ever step into a NASCAR booth. Dr. Jerry Punch was also a bad play by play man and I would argue worse than Rick Allen.

Mike Joy (when he gives a ****), Allen Bestwick, Bob Jenkins, and Ken Squier are the gold standards. No one is coming close to them.

He smacked it twice hard enough to lose 3 positions 3/4 of the way thru the race lol. That ain't a kiss and it damn sure should (used to) cause enough damage to ruin a shot at winning. To answer your question tho, no there shouldn't be a rule, we just don't need army tanks in the top level of the sport.
On my run today, I was watching 2007 Richmond race, on my 2007 rewatch.

Harvick had minor minor minor contact on pit road with someone and it destroyed the right front, and killed the car for the race.

Cup cars, even the COT, used to look light. I won't disagree even though my driver won.

It's just part of today's sport. More recklessness and less precision when you don't have to worry about the car's aero.

I wouldn't be upset about a Hamlin championship to be honest...

I know this is a shame worthy take, and Hamlin is a clown ****head. But 50+ wins, Daytona 500s? He's had a hell of a career and a championship probably catapults him into the top 15-20 all time. And that's greatness. And as people know, I enjoy greatness.

But he's still a **** head, who's failures are still extremely fun.

No offense to Mark Martin fans but Denny Hamlin is the best driver to have never won a championship.

Jimmie Johnson win in three eras of racecar, and won championships in all three plus won under the Chase, the modified Chase, and the Jimmie-proof Playoff.

Jimmie Johnson was just that damn great.
I agree. Jimmie is the best stock car driver of all time, and had ice in his veins unlike anyone else in cup, like Brady, MJ and Tiger. I also think he was a better talent than Larson.

I just think those cars suit Larson better than today's cars. We can't know, though.

Tyler Reddick truly exposed himself as a dirty racecar driver who uses nefarious tactics to beat middle aged men and screw them out of wins. I’m glad that clown didn’t win this race.

I really think people are misreading the Reddick move. I think he saw Harvick head to pit road, panicked, thought he could get down here as well and just made a stupid move.

Almost stopping in the corner only went well for him because Newman took evasive action and wrecked himself. He could've gotten smacked in the rear and had his race end.

Well, he is playing by the rules and the car dealt him. It's not his fault the car is a tank. In fact I despise this car. He pushes every car he is in to it's limits and beyond and always has.

Marty Reid is the worst announcer to ever step into a NASCAR booth. Dr. Jerry Punch was also a bad play by play man and I would argue worse than Rick Allen.

Mike Joy (when he gives a ****), Allen Bestwick, Bob Jenkins, and Ken Squier are the gold standards. No one is coming close to them.
I would take both those two over Rick. He’s so terrible. I’m sorry it’s to the point where I’m like this fella is bad at his job and I hate to do that to people when I’m just watching on the couch but I can’t stomach Rick. He’s like a wwe wrestler cutting a promo with the constant catch phrases

Oh Bubba. Come on. You have so much potential.

You ran your FIRST playoff race after clearly coming in with anxiety. You made a few mistakes. Killed track position.

And you took your top 10 car, and drove it into a p7.

I completely understand depression and the poor thoughts that come with that. Bubba showed A LOT of talent and resilience and there's a lot to be proud of, performance wise today.

Back
Top Bottom