Danica Patrick: 'A top five for me is now a top 15'

I don't think it's a revelation to anyone here or even to her fans that she is not a top fifteen driver in Nascar . All but about 15 drivers in the world fit into that category . Thankfully she has established herself as a top 25 driver and proven most of the posters on this forum wrong . I was reading on her twitter today a post from a kid who said that he and his family make bets each race on which lap she will wreck out. Nice!

I don't think it's a revelation to anyone here or even to her fans that she is not a top fifteen driver in Nascar . All but about 15 drivers in the world fit into that category . Thankfully she has established herself as a top 25 driver and proven most of the posters on this forum wrong . I was reading on her twitter today a post from a kid who said that he and his family make bets each race on which lap she will wreck out. Nice!

What exactly has she proven us wrong about? Her high profile still doesn't match her results based on talent. She's still just a marketing machine. Until she's racing the leaders then that's all she'll be. I mean seriously when a guy like Stenhouse who came from dirt and can actually wheel finishes 25th we say he sucks and should be let go. Yet when Danica finishes 25th she's "proving her haters wrong" or something? Yeah right.

I posted the article as I thought it might be a good read for some of the DP fans and as for people tuning in to see someone wreck....well.....don't get me started.

Already read it. You and I both know this will turn into a DP bashing thread and will be deleted. What the point of even posting it?:lol2:

I hope it doesn't end up that way and if so I hope it gets deleted. I was interested in reading DP's perspective on last year's Brickyard as she ran well all race until the final restart and then fell back. Also I thought it was good that she said she was aiming for top 15's instead of the typical BS drivers talk about.

I posted the article as I thought it might be a good read for some of the DP fans and as for people tuning in to see someone wreck....well.....don't get me started.
I don't tune in to see any particular person wreck, but when John Wes is running, I definitely try to keep an eye on him. It's always worth it to the networks' to give him an in-car camera.

I don't tune in to see any particular person wreck, but when John Wes is running, I definitely try to keep an eye on him. It's always worth it to the networks' to give him an in-car camera.

I can't say I know anything about good old JW but from what I have read he is like a dart without a feather.

What exactly has she proven us wrong about? Her high profile still doesn't match her results based on talent. She's still just a marketing machine. Until she's racing the leaders then that's all she'll be. I mean seriously when a guy like Stenhouse who came from dirt and can actually wheel finishes 25th we say he sucks and should be let go. Yet when Danica finishes 25th she's "proving her haters wrong" or something? Yeah right.
Oh she really sucks for sure, but we really never expected her to get out of 43rd or get a lead lap finish. So when she stopped wrecking and started finishing in 30th , it was quite an achievement . That said , she really is awful and should be winning races in that top notch equipment.

The Accounting Firms of Cooter Johnsons Juniors the III and Dingleberry has generated a table to help nation(s) understand the adjusted Danica running order in real time.

Actual finish equals Danica Math Finish
1.to 3 equals Win
4 to 7 equals 2
8 to 11 equals 3
12 to 14 equals 4
15 to 16 equals 5
17 to 18 equals 6
19 to 20 equals 7
21 equals 10
22 equals 15
23 equals 20
24 equals 25
25 to 40 equals who gives a sheet

Cooter Johnsons Juniors the III and Dingleberry cares, and wants the peoples to know that no real girls were hurt during the production of this Formulation.

She's driving a Top Ten quality car and the best she can hope for is a Top Fifteen finish?

Sorry, but it's time to get out of the car and hand it over to someone who has the drive (no pun intended) to be competitive. Once you've mentally allowed yourself to settle for (at best) 15th place, it's a sign that you are indeed finished.

She's driving a Top Ten quality car and the best she can hope for is a Top Fifteen finish?

Sorry, but it's time to get out of the car and hand it over to someone who has the drive (no pun intended) to be competitive. Once you've mentally allowed yourself to settle for (at best) 15th place, it's a sign that you are indeed finished.

I don't think she has a top 10 car or crew. He comment makes me think she has rated her team at best 15th to 25th. I'll bet Bowyer couldn't do much if any better in that car.

I don't think she has a top 10 car or crew. He comment makes me think she has rated her team at best 15th to 25th. I'll bet Bowyer couldn't do much if any better in that car.

Sorry but that is ridiculous by an objective standard.
Bowyer has won cup races with different owners. Bowyer has finished 3rd in the points, maybe 2nd, I don't have the stats in front of me. In either case, thats a better points finish (a body of work representing an entire season) than Danica has for any single cup event.

Danica isnt pathetic but she is a proven below average cup driver, and that assessment is based on a proven record. A 25th place average over a period of almost four years, below mid level numbers when compared to a 43 or 40 car grid.

I dont hold it against her for earning one of the best sponsorship deals. She is no fool and has made the most of her marketability, she should be congratulated. But that still doesnt negate the subpar driving performance.

A point she apparently agrees with, based on what a current 15th place finish would mean to her.

Sorry but that is ridiculous by an objective standard.
Bowyer has won cup races with different owners. Bowyer has finished 3rd in the points, maybe 2nd, I don't have the stats in front of me. In either case, thats a better points finish (a body of work representing an entire season) than Danica has for any single cup event.

Danica isnt pathetic but she is a proven below average cup driver, and that assessment is based on a proven record. A 25th place average over a period of almost four years, below mid level numbers when compared to a 43 or 40 car grid.

I dont hold it against her for earning one of the best sponsorship deals. She is no fool and has made the most of her marketability, she should be congratulated. But that still doesnt negate the subpar driving performance.

A point she apparently agrees with, based on what a current 15th place finish would mean to her.
Bowyer is so much better that he continues to amaze me how he can have such a poor season. Bowyer did have a great year at MWR but at the time they also had the best CC in the garage. He now keeps Harvick happy.

That potent Harry Scott, Junior entry has gone to seed since Allgaier was pushed out for Bowyer.

Look at how well Annett's running in Scott's other entry. Right up there with the SHR stuff, sho 'nuff.

To say that she should(or could ) be winning races against drivers like Bowyer , Harvick , Busch(either) , Johnson, Kezelowski , Logano, Kenseth , Hamlin, Edwards ,etc ., is just silly . She`s not in their league,never has been , never will be . With or without a new crew , crew chief or car . With a little luck and avoiding other peoples`wrecks she could finish top 25 . But , lets face it , she is an awful person , who has no business competing in a man`s sport . If I saw her dog , I would kick it .

To say that she should(or could ) be winning races against drivers like Bowyer , Harvick , Busch(either) , Johnson, Kezelowski , Logano, Kenseth , Hamlin, Edwards ,etc ., is just silly . She`s not in their league,never has been , never will be . With or without a new crew , crew chief or car . With a little luck and avoiding other peoples`wrecks she could finish top 25 . But , lets face it , she is an awful person , who has no business competing in a man`s sport . If I saw her dog , I would kick it .
:cuckoo:

Bowyer is so much better that he continues to amaze me how he can have such a poor season. Bowyer did have a great year at MWR but at the time they also had the best CC in the garage. He now keeps Harvick happy.

Bowyer is far from one of the best. But when compared to Danica he is great.

His 2 percent career winning percentage is much better than Danicas zero percentage
His 58 tops five is better than zero top fives.
His 15.8 career avg finish better than any single yearly average by Danica.

Ah, this brings back great memories and posters I haven't seen since the mega DP threads were flushed down the toilet. Hilarious.:lol2:

And can't have a DP thread without some yoga pics.

danica-patrick-headstand-bikini_1.jpgdanica-patrick-headstand-bikini_1_0.jpg

danica_patrick_yoga_30_aug_2015_NBCEH7tr.sized

Last edited:
Ah, this brings back great memories and posters I haven't seen since the mega DP threads were flushed down the toilet. Hilarious.:lol2:
I'm new here but let me guess what happens.
  1. Danica thread is made
  2. People use stats and facts to prove that she is not very talented
  3. Someone says she is driving a good car no reason to never even have a top 5.
  4. Someone says she wrecks a lot. (I'm sure there are stats to back that up as well)
  5. Sensitive mods get upset that so much truth is being backed up with facts about a driver they like or share private parts with.
  6. Thread is deleted, likes are taken away, and poster it posters are bant.

Sadly , this one will be flushed soon . A lot of painstaking research with it . Too bad , always like hearing how DP is not a great driver and never will be . It keeps them from giving my guy Timmy Hill a hard time , so I'm happy .

I'm new here but let me guess what happens.
  1. Danica thread is made
  2. People use stats and facts to prove that she is not very talented
  3. Someone says she is driving a good car no reason to never even have a top 5.
  4. Someone says she wrecks a lot. (I'm sure there are stats to back that up as well)
  5. Sensitive mods get upset that so much truth is being backed up with facts about a driver they like or share private parts with.
  6. Thread is deleted, likes are taken away, and poster it posters are bant.

I would replace 4 with she gets wrecked a lot.You also so missed she should stay in the kitchen or go back to being a bikini model.:lol2:

And here it goes. Always use the pix to shutdown the thread when the truth is to much to bear.
Then walk away feeling Pious.

You left out the fact that she's actually in a racecar and is more talented than the armchair hacks that judge...
Last I checked I go to races and pay to watch her. If not for fans there's no need for her. So this armchair hack can say what he wants to about her. The numbers prove she's not talented enough for the ride she has. The only reason where she is right now is because she is a woman. The truth hurts.

And here it goes. Always use the pix to shutdown the thread when the truth is to much to bear.
Then walk away feeling Pious.

Yoga pics had nothing to do with those threads being shut down. All they show is she's a pretty damn good athlete. You can always count on Greg to climb out from underneath his rock to post in a DP thread.

Last I checked I go to races and pay to watch her. If not for fans there's no need for her. So this armchair hack can say what he wants to about her. The numbers prove she's not talented enough for the ride she has. The only reason where she is right now is because she is a woman. The truth hurts.
WIMMEN got no bid ness bein in a ride they ain't got nuff talent to run top ten in.
I'm so sick and tired of her getting all the press. Seriously, it keeps me up at night. She's nothing more than a talentless cash cow.
MooMoo

Back
Top Bottom