Darlington Race Thread

That plastic bag might have been a window off of the Kirk Shelmerdine car.

Originally posted by rpmallen@Mar 21 2004, 01:14 PM
:lol:

Oh and biggest driver change mistake so far this year:

Scott Riggs in Johnny Benson out.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Mar 21 2004, 02:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Mar 21 2004, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rpmallen@Mar 21 2004, 01:14 PM
:lol:

Oh and biggest driver change mistake so far this year:

Scott Riggs in Johnny Benson out. [/b][/quote]
agreed

Saaawwweeeett... Robby Gordon up to 13th from 29th. Also finished 7th in the Busch Series race yesterday. And to think he has always sucked at this track.

That #10 team lost it's soul since they lost their crew chief last year, Mr. what's-his-name. Riggs was in trouble before they announced his name in that car.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Mar 21 2004, 03:20 PM
Saaawwweeeett... Robby Gordon up to 13th from 29th. Also finished 7th in the Busch Series race yesterday. And to think he has always sucked at this track.
At least Robby is having a better day than my boy, MW. And at least he hasn't gotten into any other drivers yet, like Tony Stewart. This is really a new Robby Gordon. hehe.

wow DW is a fountain of info, I never knew black could glow :rolleyes:

Darrell Waltrip used to be a great pit reporter when they'd hand him a microphone. Then they let him sit in the booth.....

I wonder why cant they make more tracks like this. Watching this race just makes me realize even more how much Las Vegas and California and the like suck.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Mar 21 2004, 03:26 PM
I wonder why cant they make more tracks like this. Watching this race just makes me realize even more how much Las Vegas and California and the like suck.
I agree this is better than the cookie cutter tracks you describe, but Darlington isn't really known for much side-by-side racing either. These long green runs get real long after awhile. We need another plastic bag...

I REALLY wish they would talk more about the whole field! For instance, Jimmie Johnson, the LaBontes, Jamie McMurry, MM, Rusty, etc.

Originally posted by kat2220@Mar 21 2004, 03:34 PM
I REALLY wish they would talk more about the whole field! For instance, Jimmie Johnson, the LaBontes, Jamie McMurry, MM, Rusty, etc.
The strange thing about Fox is they usually focus on the top ten and the last 5, and we find out very little about any one inbetween.

Originally posted by racer8@Mar 21 2004, 02:38 PM
It's not that the big networks do a bad job, but I really miss ESPN coverage.
I used to think that but recently watched an old race and realized they really didn't do any better if as good. I just miss Dr. Jerry Punch.

DJ is just making his stop now. Wonder who is going to come out on top of this pitting sequence.

Well that little pit exchange sucks for two drivers I was pulling for. You think Nascar could give me a bit of a break since my favorite driver is out. hehe.

Wow, pitting early really puts you out front. McMurray has an a 11 second lead

Yes, but if there is another long green run, he'll start falling back in a hurry towards the end of the run. If there's a caution before then, his strategy will really work out for him.

Jr. is lapped... And Schrader is about to pass him.

No! Kahne!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that stinks. My man Harvick has had the worst luck for the last 4 races. :angry:

Originally posted by Gollum@Mar 21 2004, 04:06 PM
Man that stinks. My man Harvick has had the worst luck for the last 4 races. :angry:
2nd worst luck. Don't forget MW has been having the worst luck since August.

Originally posted by rpmallen+Mar 21 2004, 08:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rpmallen @ Mar 21 2004, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Mar 21 2004, 04:06 PM
Man&nbsp; that stinks. My man Harvick has had the worst luck for the last 4 races. :angry:
2nd worst luck. Don't forget MW has been having the worst luck since August. [/b][/quote]
Yep that is one person that has worst luck that Harvick :lol:

Back
Top Bottom