Day or Night Races?

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd love it if the majority of the races were on Saturday night. Keep some of the bigger races (Daytona, Brickyard, etc.) during the day on Sunday, but put the rest on at night. When attending the race, I like having the whole day to tailgate and do whatever stuff outside the track that interests me. If I'm at home, night races still give you the opportunity to do things throughout the day.

Martinsville , even for one race, I would love to see a night race there.

I don't like night races because I'm usually at a track on Saturday night. More fans tend to stay home too.

I love Sunday afternoon races a lot more than Saturday night races.

The majors are run on Sundays in short track racing which is fine by me. I would literally do something if they ran the 300 on a Saturday night.... would probably end up eating Martinsville hot dogs for breakfast the next morning. Assuming I didn't blow my brains out in the press box.

I like a mix. There are different challenges for the drivers and teams racing during the day vs. night. There is something different between races at tracks that run a day race and a night race, they feel like different kinds of races.

Like someone else said, Saturday night if I'm going to a race but otherwise Sunday afternoon if I'm watching on TV. Just too much other stuff to do on a Sat. night than sit around the TV... man I need some friends who'll watch NASCAR with me.

I'm surprised to hear about so many people mentioning their local short tracks hold races on Saturday nights. In my area it's either Thursday or Friday night for everything.

I'm surprised to hear about so many people mentioning their local short tracks hold races on Saturday nights. In my area it's either Thursday or Friday night for everything.
We have one Friday night track, where I am the track photographer. Everything else is Saturday. No such thing as mid-week racing in Virginia or Maryland, and only once or twice a year in the Carolinas for a special event, and a couple times a year in Delaware for a special event. Pennsylvania though, they race just about 5 night a week.

Gotta get that hot slick track that day races have. I do love the Coca Cola 600 however, start in the day and then have the track completely change at night

Martinsville , even for one race, I would love to see a night race there.
I was at Martinsville when they brought in temporary lights for the modifieds. I liked it. It was cool. I'd go to a night cupbrace, but at the end of the day, I think I'll always prefer day races.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd love it if the majority of the races were on Saturday night. Keep some of the bigger races (Daytona, Brickyard, etc.) during the day on Sunday, but put the rest on at night. When attending the race, I like having the whole day to tailgate and do whatever stuff outside the track that interests me. If I'm at home, night races still give you the opportunity to do things throughout the day.

I can see a benefit to a Saturday night race if you are attending live but TV viewership seems to be awful across the board for most Saturday night programming.

night for me to watch....day for me so I can sleep since Im old

If you ever went to an August race at Michigan and got fried in the sun with little wind and packed in like sardines, you'd probably go for evening or night time racing. basically for the cooler temps.
It seems the stands dont allow for the breeze to get thru. Most August races were miserable for me.

If you ever went to an August race at Michigan and got fried in the sun with little wind and packed in like sardines, you'd probably go for evening or night time racing. basically for the cooler temps.
It seems the stands dont allow for the breeze to get thru. Most August races were miserable for me.
I work in the heat and sun every day....... you must be like some of the people I have been to races with..... Like Labor Day Darlington..... folks that are lilly white...... work in cubicles and never see the sun except when leaving work to make the trip to the car....... try to get a tiny bit acclimated before you go then you won't come home looking like a Lobster.......

How many night races are on the schedule ?
Counting all races( All Star, Duels, Shootout), and ones that that transition to night, 12, 13 if you add Homestead , that one always ends under the lights too, even though it starts at 2pm.

Back
Top Bottom