Dinger says he is going to wreck Dillion, Dick responds with a threat...

What exactly does earning it on his own mean? Should he have started his own team? Go run for a S&P? I don't get it. The guy has won a championship in the Truck Series. A Championship in the Nationwide Series. He's sitting in the top 10 in the Cup Series. Call me crazy, or whatever else you'd like, but too me it looks like the guys doing alright.

Personally, I do whatever I can for my kids and someday my grandchildren. If I have the means to make one of their dreams come true it'll happen. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

It's about accountability. Every driver out there had a fortunate upbringing... It's not about racing **** cars to earn your stripes, just accountability. Get wrecked, wreck back.. The team owner has no place...

Furthermore if it was Menard(another silverspoon kid) or Brian Scott(wtf I guess it's a trend in RCR nowadays), Richard would not have threatened his own damn business for the sake of a straight racecar.

The problem is that these kids rode their granddads coat-tails to the top and they are still sucking on the teet, whether they like it or not...

If I'm Austin Dillon, I'm embarrassed by Richards statements. They confirmed what a lot of people assumed. I'm the epitome of silver-spoon and no matter what no one can touch me..

Affluenza.. ;)

Sounds like it was a heat of the moment type of thing to say, I bet Richard wishes he hadn't worded it like that.

Every driver out there had a fortunate upbringing...

Have you ever been to a local Saturday night short track? Most of them are working class guys. If by 'fortunate upbringing' you mean 'dad had enough money to run a late model stock car on Saturday night', then I guess so.

As for the Coulter/Busch incident, I'm not a Kyle Busch fan at all and he had it coming but Childress overreacted.
That was a lose/lose situation for Kyle. Hitting an old man is almost as bad as hitting a woman. He looked like a coward because he didn't hit Childress back, but he would have looked far worse if he had.

Have you ever been to a local Saturday night short track? Most of them are working class guys. If by 'fortunate upbringing' you mean 'dad had enough money to run a late model stock car on Saturday night', then I guess so.

LOL, that's kinda what I meant... But no, I was talking about drivers at the top level of Motorsports, NASCAR's top 3 divisions. Almost all of them needed serious luck/capital to get to the top.

For the record, if dad can afford to put you in a car, I don't care what it is... You are more fortunate than most.

Then enlighten us instead of your one word insights.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I disagree with what you had to say and all it takes is one word for me to express that. This thread has turned into another Danica type thread where the people that don't like Richard and/or Austin are just piling on them because they can. That's my opinion. Also the name calling on here has already started.

That was a lose/lose situation for Kyle. Hitting an old man is almost as bad as hitting a woman. He looked like a coward because he didn't hit Childress back, but he would have looked far worse if he had.

Kyle had it coming though. He was such a punk bitch all year that season.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I disagree with what you had to say and all it takes is one word for me to express that. This thread has turned into another Danica type thread where the people that don't like Richard and/or Austin are just piling on them because they can. That's my opinion. Also the name calling on here has already started.

You mean 'this sounds like another thread where people are calling my drivers out on their bs, and I think someone called someone a fartknocker... This thread should be locked'

Lol I'm kidding of course. But seriously this thread is not out of hand at all.

You mean 'this sounds like another thread where people are calling my drivers out on their bs, and I think someone called someone a fartknocker... This thread should be locked'

Lol I'm kidding of course. But seriously this thread is not out of hand at all.
Nope.

Let me put it in terms that Johali can understand.

Dick Childress isn't getting his way so he threatens to take his ball and go home. He has every right to do so. However, those other kids will find a new ball. Then when Dick wants to play with them again they will kick him off the playground.

Dick Childress isn't getting his way so he threatens to take his ball and go home. He has every right to do so. However, those other kids will find a new ball. Then when Dick wants to play with them again they will kick him off the playground.

Still don't understand how that isn't bad for business....

Austin Dillon is 23 y/o, Richard Childress is 68 y/o. Just exactly who should be defending whom?

That's your opinion not mine so Nope.

True, Kyle was at his absolute douchiest in 2011. The Hornaday incident that year was the straw the camel's back, he hasn't been nearly as bad since.

It took NASCAR years but they did what they had to do. Kyle's been much better since they parked his ass. They should've done it after the Darlington incident.

This isn't about hatred towards RCR. I want your actual opinion about why you think this isn't bad business for Richard. Please tell me. I don't care how great or not great they are. I want to know how you think this won't get in the way with his business. Please.

I think nowadays, most working class guys can only afford Street or Hobby Stock.

I disagree. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Yeah we will.. I know I asked for a gokart/quarter midget/hell a soapbox car from the ages of 4-my teens. We could never afford it. Maybe I was lied to.

Of course growing up in SoCal there isn't anywhere to race.. The ****s expensive no matter how you want to slice it.

I think nowadays, most working class guys can only afford Street or Hobby Stock.

:bsflag: Plenty of "working class" people in Late Model Stock Car racing. They're not racing at tracks like South Boston, Hickory, Motor Mile and Southern National though because you can't compete at those tracks on a shoestring budget. Tracks like Franklin County, Wake County, Ace and Shenandoah are different matters.

As far as to being rich to get into racing didn't drivers like Edwards and Hamlin race for other people coming up?

Biffle, a lot of guys earned their spot.. Like I said though.. Tons of luck/capital.

20+ years ago Sr, Rusty, DJ, Harry, etc would say "ah it dropped a valve" or " lost a valve spring" today's young guns say "sumthin broke" while chugging for dollars. Most have never built a car or motor.

:bsflag: Plenty of "working class" people in Late Model Stock Car racing. They're not racing at tracks like South Boston, Hickory, Motor Mile and Southern National though because you can't compete at those tracks on a shoestring budget. Tracks like Franklin County, Wake County, Ace and Shenandoah are different matters.

I guess it's just super regional. They only way to afford it is be local and super commited.

This isn't about hatred towards RCR. I want your actual opinion about why you think this isn't bad business for Richard. Please tell me. I don't care how great or not great they are. I want to know how you think this won't get in the way with his business. Please.
I have been in business (Running a ship is a self contained business) and a business owner since 1968 and know that things like this are usually laughed about with a few backslaps and a beer. I believe that Brad Daugherty would feed AJ to the alligators before alienating someone as powerful as Richard Childress. He could have done it differently but he didn't. This is about his equipment getting torn up more than him being overly protective of Austin. Protecting his drivers and equipment is what he does.and always has done, so nobody is surprised by what he said.

As far as to being rich to get into racing didn't drivers like Edwards and Hamlin race for other people coming up?
Yeah, that's how I think it goes for a lot of the guys. They race at little local tracks until they're noticed by professional teams. I know that's how Kenseth came up. He ran in a late model with his dad. After he graduated HS he got a job at Lefthander Chassis and helped pay for GTO (gas tires oil) on the car. Then he got enough success to get noticed by teams, then noticed by Robbie Reiser and then Jack Roush and the rest is history.

I know you need some capital/family connections to get into racing, I'm not silly. It's not a sport they have at high schools or anything and you do need a race car, but I think saying that you have to be rich to get into racing is a little disingenuous. Of course, everybody's definitions of "poor/middle class/rich" is different so we could be here all day.

I know I watched Paul Menard come up here in Wisconsin. He grew up very poor. His pop owned a little hardware store. He had it very rough growing up. :sarcasm: :lol2:

I guess it's just super regional. They only way to afford it is be local and super commited.

It depends on the track and the competition. There are tracks where it's all racecar and money wins every time. Then there are tracks where how much money you have in the car doesn't matter - either because the track's tough or because of their rules. Those are the tracks that a lot of working class guys race at. Those are also the tracks big money teams stay away from.

I have been in business (Running a ship is a self contained business) and a business owner since 1968 and know that things like this are usually laughed about with a few backslaps and a beer. I believe that Brad Daugherty would feed AJ to the alligators before alienating someone as powerful as Richard Childress. He could have done it differently but he didn't. This is about his equipment getting torn up more than him being overly protective of Austin. Protecting his drivers and equipment is what he does.and always has done, so nobody is surprised by what he said.

Finally thank you for your opinion. However I believe the general opinion in this thread disagrees with you. Richard basically was sh#tting on his partnership with JTGD, and in the million dollar business that is Nascar racing if he actually went through with those comments he would alienate himself from future business.

It depends on the track and the competition. There are tracks where it's all racecar and money wins every time. Then there are tracks where how much money you have in the car doesn't matter - either because the track's tough or because of their rules. Those are the tracks that a lot of working class guys race at. Those are also the tracks big money teams stay away from.

I like those tracks. Need to relocate near those tracks. Haha

Most drivers in NASCAR bought their way up there. A good number of them never even worked up through the ranks. At the end of the day, talent still stands out. Austin Dillon's got talent. He can't help who his family is. I don't think Austin's a top-10 talent or even a top-20 talent, but he isn't a bad driver either. He's a good driver who will run inside the top-20 consistently and bring home a win or two each year so long as he has a top-10 car and, more importantly, he won't tear his cars up. But he's not even in the same league as Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick and even AJ Allmendinger for that matter when it comes to talent.

Back
Top Bottom