Does Brian France even care anymore?

J

JEB

What's next for NASCARs glorious leader? What is next for him to ruin in the sport? There's not much left.

Qualifying? Oh wait....

Maybe phantom debris cautions so the races can be super exciting? Check.

Maybe next he should come up with a convoluted points system that will make any potential future fan think this whole thing is a gimmick? Call it the "chase".

To cover all the gimmicks, maybe he should come up with more gimmicks to distract from the original gimmicks.

NASCAR didn't have an RTA in the 90's. But they also didn't have an assclown running the show that comes up with all of his "great ideas" at 4am while drunk of his ass off a $1000 bottle of scotch.

Which begs the question that MartyD made so popular...does he even care?

1384478189000-c01-france-15.jpg

south_park_cartman-1045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the old format. This new crud may be more entertaining to watch, but the fastest lap times don't make it to the top of the board. That would never happen in the previous format. NASCARE. National Assoc. of Stock Car Auto Racing Entertainment.

The chase bothers me just as much as the next guy, and as a Gordon fan its even worse.

These cars look retarded & are sucked to the track like a chastity belt on a nun. Every week we hear that passing is nearly impossible.

I love this sport & will never give up on it - but Christ I hope they get their **** together soon

I prefer the old format. This new crud may be more entertaining to watch, but the fastest lap times don't make it to the top of the board. That would never happen in the previous format. NASCARE. National Assoc. of Stock Car Auto Racing Entertainment.

The chase bothers me just as much as the next guy, and as a Gordon fan its even worse.

These cars look retarded & are sucked to the track like a chastity belt on a nun. Every week we hear that passing is nearly impossible.

I love this sport & will never give up on it - but Christ I hope they get their **** together soon
NASCAR: Need Another Seven Cautions At Random? ;)

I share your sentiments on the Chase. I could live with the 2004-2013 versions, but the current one is just awful. I know we haven't seen the actual Chase in action yet, but it's really altered the meaning of the "regular" season. For example: on Sunday, Brad Keselowski won and Jimmie Johnson finished what, 42nd? Since both drivers were already locked into the Chase, both Kez's win and Jimmie's DNF meant virtually nothing. I feel like the first 26 races should be more than just a set of heat races to qualify for a faux championship run.

Hard to believe that doofus is on the top 500 wealthiest list. It wasn't broke when he took over yet he continues to keep 'fixing' it beyond repair.

Compared to other motorsports, NASCAR does it pretty good. They are more flexible, for example, NASCAR will add a competition yellow for a green race track; there are many more examples where they make adjustments to provide a good race. I have no opinion about Brian France, his last name makes him the lighting rod for decisions made by a group of people. As far as I can tell, NASCAR tries changes to attract more people to the sport. I don't always like the changes but I can't think of another sport where changes are welcomed (they still argue about the designated hitter in baseball).

Did Brian France ever care to begin with?

Yessir. As I have previously mentioned on here, I haven't watched a single qualifying session since they changed the format around. There was nothing wrong with what we had. It was simple, easy to follow and understand, and it made perfect sense. It didn't need to be changed, but if they just had to change it, I wish they would have done heat races. I would have been okay with that.

NASCAR: Need Another Seven Cautions At Random? ;)

I share your sentiments on the Chase. I could live with the 2004-2013 versions, but the current one is just awful. I know we haven't seen the actual Chase in action yet, but it's really altered the meaning of the "regular" season. For example: on Sunday, Brad Keselowski won and Jimmie Johnson finished what, 42nd? Since both drivers were already locked into the Chase, both Kez's win and Jimmie's DNF meant virtually nothing. I feel like the first 26 races should be more than just a set of heat races to qualify for a faux championship run.
Yep. As Fender alluded to in another thread, the racing this year has been pretty good overall, but my stance hasn't changed on the 2014 Chase for the Chumpionship and the Homestead Bowl. I just try not to harp on it as much. Gotta keep it positive. ;)

Nascar has been great over the years. Dave Moody calls the leadership a benevolent dictatorship.
I understand the reasoning, the leadership was great for years.

But I see Brian more as a corporate greedy pig.
He doesnt love the racing, and he will violate it if it is profitable.

His idea of traditionalism is scabbing off of Indianapolis, while forsaking IRL who had some real Nascar history. That isnt the biggest story, but it does demonstrate the corporate machines priorities.

They built piece of **** cookie cutter 1.5 triovals, rather than admitting a mistake and rebuilding them to good track, they will just dumb them down to Restrictor plate racing. Let the teams pay for the development, and screw the interest of the fans.

I think Brian is douchebag, I wish him the worst. I hope he burns in Hell.

Nascar has been great over the years. Dave Moody calls the leadership a benevolent dictatorship.

His idea of traditionalism is scabbing off of Indianapolis, while forsaking IRL who had some real Nascar history. That isnt the biggest story, but it does demonstrate the corporate machines priorities.

They built piece of **** cookie cutter 1.5 triovals, rather than admitting a mistake and rebuilding them to good track, they will just dumb them down to Restrictor plate racing. Let the teams pay for the development, and screw the interest of the fans.

Stop being so nice ;)

What made Sr. great is now a punishable offense. bull****!

I agree in spirit with you, but I think his tenancity or determinarion was the key to his greatness.

I agree in spirit with you, but I think his tenancity or determinarion was the key to his greatness.

Yes. Very well said. Agree 100%.

All of this and the fact that Bill and Dale orchestrated and manipulated the media like a cheap banjo. Bill and Dale butted heads but they both had the same type goals for themselves and the sport. They were friends and enemies at the same time, only if it weren't for those damned people who called themselves E'hardt fans I could have really enjoyed Dales career without the BS and phoney hype.

All of this and the fact that Bill and Dale orchestrated and manipulated the media like a cheap banjo. Bill and Dale butted heads but they both had the same type goals for themselves and the sport. They were friends and enemies at the same time, only if it weren't for those damned people who called themselves E'hardt fans I could have really enjoyed Dales career without the BS and phoney hype.

All I has to say is that when I call the wife Teresa and she calls me Dale, it is all soreal (pronounced 'surreal').

You bet King Faux cares, he cares how much money he puts in to his accounts

Brian could never make it in the REAL world.
You know,Work and all.
Change is good, but this is nuts.

You freakin' nailed it.

I liked the old qualifying format. There was absolutely nothing "boring" about it. It's QUALIFYING for facks sake, it's not supposed to be mind blowing. It was what it was. And in typical Brian France fashion, it's ruined.

Thank you!!! Loved sitting in the top row of the stands in Fontana listening to the sound of a car bounce off of the stands. Time to take it all in. Enough of my squishy stuff, here's the problem........The goal of the old qualifying format was to reward the flat out fastest cars with the best starting positions and pit stalls. What is the goal of the new system? When F1 went to the knock out style, it was because they wanted to reward the fastest RACE car. Okay, that's fine by me as well. What is the goal of this? I get the strategy and all of that, but it shouldn't be that complicated. Now, if they gave them an extra set of tires, we might have some fun, but right now. Dumb at its worst. Contrived at its best.

France Jr is probably as close to being a criminal is there is without being one and that is because only of his money. The France mafia goes way back. The last generation is the worst. They are the mafia of racing and control everything and everybody if anybody cares about a paycheck. Why do you think every driver kisses their asses?

I hate Brian France Jr and consider his justice on the same level as the WWE. Its a joke. THis is partiallyt why nascar will never ever sell me another ticket or sell my a t shirt. Im done. I watch because of Chase Elliott and that is as far as I go. No money. Money is what will cripple the France mafia. Stop paying them. Im just one small guy but I saw the writing on the wall long ago.

France Jr is probably as close to being a criminal is there is without being one and that is because only of his money. The France mafia goes way back. The last generation is the worst. They are the mafia of racing and control everything and everybody if anybody cares about a paycheck. Why do you think every driver kisses their asses?

I hate Brian France Jr and consider his justice on the same level as the WWE. Its a joke. THis is partiallyt why nascar will never ever sell me another ticket or sell my a t shirt. Im done. I watch because of Chase Elliott and that is as far as I go. No money. Money is what will cripple the France mafia. Stop paying them. Im just one small guy but I saw the writing on the wall long ago.

Without dissecting your post point by point, I get where you are coming from--not saying that I completely agree or anything, but I respect what you are saying and the passion with which you say it. What I think is absolutely awesome about NASCAR is that your support of Chase Elliot transcends your anger toward what NASCAR is. Chase Elliot is a kid yet has that kind of an impact. You don't need me to tell you this because you can clearly think for yourself, but if your support for Chase should bring you to consider coming to a race, just do it. Don't cheat yourself because of the greed of rich guys. Enjoy the race tonight. Something vey cool and simple about a Saturday night NNS stand alone. I, for one, will be watching Erik Jones very closely. Dude has skills.

Back
Top Bottom