Grand jury decision on Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that he has to go through this. Really, what do they expect him to say today that hasn't already been said or painfully obvious?

Untitled.jpg

I'm going to guess that the Ward family is probably watching this from their lawyer's office and this press conference will soon be followed by the announcement of the civil suit. :(

Watching this is so very painful for me.

I hope Tony can get his passion for racing back.

@nateryan

Tony Stewart: " As time goes on, I don’t know if it’ll ever get back to normal, but it’ll get better."

@MartySmithESPN

TS: The support from sponsors has been amazing. It’s a tough circumstance for a corporation to be a part of, but they’ve been supportive.

Marty Smith's question about quitting was hard for Tony to answer.

@MartySmithESPN

TS: Initially I was hurt by some of the things I read. But then I looked at who they’re from — ppl that have never met me or spent time w me

@MartySmithESPN

TS says he’s finally starting the process of returning all the calls/texts of support he’s received.

@MartySmithESPN

TS told me driver introductions at Atlanta was “overwhelming.” He told me “I’m glad I had sunglasses on. I’ll never forget that moment."

@MartySmithESPN

TS says he’s still using professional help. “It’s not something that heals over night. This helps learn how to cope and heal."

The Wards have only seen $$$$ signs since this has occurred. When they quit twisting up fatties and popping tops off the Brown Derby's they may finally come to realize what happen in the real world that evening.

Tony will never fully recover, how can anyone expect him to? I just hope he doesnt let this haunt him forever. Nobody deserves that kind of stress. He still has half a life to live. Let him. :cool:

did he mention anything about setting up a fund in Wards name?

Cant watch at work

Tony will never fully recover, how can anyone expect him to? I just hope he doesnt let this haunt him forever. Nobody deserves that kind of stress. He still has half a life to live. Let him. :cool:

He needs to settle down with a wife and a family, maybe? I hate that it seems he is really alone a lot.

did he mention anything about setting up a fund in Wards name?

Cant watch at work

I don't see how he could even if he wanted to, with the blood sucking harpies and their lawyers circling. Remember that in many "Stella" lawsuits ... the jury didn't decide on who was right or wrong .. they decided on who could afford it.

If I were their lawyer, I would advise them to shut up because their sympathy factor is decreasing rapidly.

Losing a child does terrible things to people, it effects everyone differently, there is no doubt in my mind that they hurt terribly, I hope time eases their pain and tonys to

I believe Tony will resume his normal life after some time has passed. The majority of people that have experienced a traumatic event actually do learn to deal with it and continue a normal life, Tony is only 7 weeks in. He did mention that others who have been through such situations have opened up to him and he will learn that if they were able to get "over it" he'll be able to.

One of his best allies will be the hatred that little Kevies Aunt and followers spew in the national media or to anyone who will listen. The family may get money and it could be a substantial amount but they will never be rich or find peace. Tony will come to terms with this and his sun will shine again as he his going through the proper grieving process which I would hope the Ward family considers and face the truth of the facts and let Kevin truly rest in peace.

IMO the presser was unfortunate and unnecessary. I also believe that it intensifies the venom. What is playing out is the big star v. the little guy. The little guy (family) didn't have a presser today. The big star did. The little guy didn't talk about losing a child. The big star talked about how hurt he is. This is not necessarily my opinion, but the angle of one side v. another. It is sad, and didn't get better today. I didn't see the point.

IMO the presser was unfortunate and unnecessary. I also believe that it intensifies the venom. What is playing out is the big star v. the little guy. The little guy (family) didn't have a presser today. The big star did. The little guy didn't talk about losing a child. The big star talked about how hurt he is. This is not necessarily my opinion, but the angle of one side v. another. It is sad, and didn't get better today. I didn't see the point.

rev......similar thoughts ........what was tha point. ?
from civil defense viewpoint ...... betcha that legal team cringed w/ each answer. specially since session went on so long !

but......from biz pr crisis mgt viewpoint ........seems " tony exposed ---ta all questions " ......was right move .
backed by mobil / bass pro / haas .....etc.. too i assume.
he certainly did a hellava job !
was meant for his supporters.
.......as he said .......anti tony group too polarized for mind change .
plus ......this ends all tha " when is he gonna talk ta us " media hype !
no flame ta fan anymore hopefully !

What's the point of the press conference --- I imagine to get the media off his back. They've probably
been beating down his door to get him to talk.
Rather than dragging it out further, do it once for everyone and have done with it.

Yeah I thought the same thing, stop the helicopters from flying over his place. Great way to control the ever hungry press, like he said, the same reporters will continue to say the same things regardless, it wasn't going to change anybodies mind, but he had to do something, for his fans, and for his media supporters. I hope bottom line that he got that whole media monster circus behind him for the most part. He covered all the bases, answered all their questions. If the Wards sue and it looks like they will, he won't be able to comment, so he got what he needed to get out there before that mess takes place.

Yeah I thought the same thing, stop the helicopters from flying over his place. Great way to control the ever hungry press, like he said, the same reporters will continue to say the same things regardless, it wasn't going to change anybodies mind, but he had to do something, for his fans, and for his media supporters. I hope bottom line that he got that whole media monster circus behind him for the most part. He covered all the bases, answered all their questions. If the Wards sue and it looks like they will, he won't be able to comment, so he got what he needed to get out there before that mess takes place.

I'd imagine that if the Wards do pursue a lawsuit Kevin will be drug through the mud in a public and open forum. All the nasties will be brought to light for all to see. Whats really sad and Tony eluded to it, some folks just get off on these kinds of events and draw the proverbial line in the sand and take a stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom