Harvick

I don't fault them for that pit call but kind of wonder why they never tried to take another wave around. There were several opportunities for wave arounds and as there were several cars short-pitting on each green flag pit stop the risk wasn't as great for the wave around cars in this race and the 4 had plenty of speed to stay on the lead lap.

That's why I was disappointed that neither Harvick or Childers talked after the race, it would have been interesting to hear the reasoning for not taking a wave around especially when they kept losing the lucky dog as other cars were lapped.

The initial break of the caution coming out when they were on pit road and losing the lap was bad luck but not trying to get a lap back by taking a wave around when there were at least three other opportunities was bad strategy (in my opinion).
It wouldn't have mattered. There weren't many cautions, and I recall none of them were close enough together to benefit someone trying the wave around strategy. If he'd stayed out, they would have had to pit again before the next caution or green flag stops, and just go back down a lap anyway (assuming he hadn't already gone a lap down on the old tires).

Obviously this is all hindsight.

Back
Top Bottom