Has Ross Chastain (at age 30) lost a step?

He finally gets to gloat. Let him have his day.

Well, I was just trying to figure out WE got dragged into this. Just for the record, I like Ross, always have, I just think he needed to calm down a little bit and drive a little smarter. We may have just seen the fruits of that "terrible" advice or lecturing he got a while back. The old saying still rings true; "In order to finish first, first you must finish". And while I have no issue with clean aggressive driving, I don't think long term it accomplishes much to have most of your competitors wanting to strangle you.

This was probably the best weekend Ross has had in NASCAR yet. Fastest in every session, made bold but clean passes when he needed to, and defended like hell. If that’s what he’s evolving into it would be hard to argue against him.

This was probably the best weekend Ross has had in NASCAR yet. Fastest in every session, made bold but clean passes when he needed to, and defended like hell. If that’s what he’s evolving into it would be hard to argue against him.

It was. I've made no bones about my despising him, but he did EVERYTHING right this weekend. Showed up fast. Perfect racecraft, ran absolutely clean. Not a hint of controversy. He corrected everything I've been down on him about for a week at least. If the light bulb has gone off in his head, he has potential to be very Larsonesque. And that terrifies me. :XXROFL: We'll really find out when he has a fast but not dominant car again and he has to push and be aggressive whether he's truly changed or not.

I’m pretty sure Ross still puts his pants on one leg at a time.

He won the race last weekend. He’s the guy until Sunday morning.

Reactions: sdj
I hope Ross goes to Toyota at some point, so SOI starts to hate him. I mean he loves Kyle Busch now that he’s not in a Toyota. So I’m sure he would flip flop there also

You have to tip your cap.

Watermelon man was a strange goof and always sort of wondered how good he'd be in cup. Ross is a championship caliber talent with a lot of stuff to clean up.

It's unreasonable to say he's any less than a top 5 driver in the sport right now, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It was. I've made no bones about my despising him, but he did EVERYTHING right this weekend. Showed up fast. Perfect racecraft, ran absolutely clean. Not a hint of controversy. He corrected everything I've been down on him about for a week at least. If the light bulb has gone off in his head, he has potential to be very Larsonesque. And that terrifies me. :XXROFL: We'll really find out when he has a fast but not dominant car again and he has to push and be aggressive whether he's truly changed or not.
This is where I am at. Ross is very talented and if he cleans things up, he'll probably end up having one of those 5 year 20 wins and a championship stretch that we see the top guys have.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMG_1288.jpeg

Ross running a dirt big block modified at Utica Rome Speedway July 20th. Will be live on FloRacing

Back
Top Bottom