Kasey Kahne

it's possible Larson could finish his career at Ganassi. how come Rick didn't already have his hooks in him, he did Chase.

Because Chase Elliott was a big name who Hendrick latched on to. Larson was a newcomer that just kinda came out of nowhere and lit up the scene a few years ago. By the time most teams knew who he was, Gannassi had got ahold of him. But there is no chance he will stay at Gannassi if he ever wants to win races on a consistent basis and championships. Ganassi is a decent team but nothing special. Never will be on Gibbs or Hendricks level

uv6uNxm.gif
mzsIq6z.gif

LOL....Still seems kind of one sided to me. Yeah they get $ but I really don't think HMS is hurting for that and look how much Ganassi has benefited.

Ganassi still hasn't won with a hendrick's motor yet

LOL....Still seems kind of one sided to me. Yeah they get $ but I really don't think HMS is hurting for that and look how much Ganassi has benefited.
They probably share engine tuning setups, etc.

I see what you are saying but whatt is Hendrick getting outof this relationship with Ganassi? Chip gets their engines and Keith Rodden leaves the 5 (likely the reason they struggled to adjust to the new rules) and what does Hendrick get? I thought all that was happening was that they are buying engines from HMS and Keith Rodden moved on bcause he wanted to be a cew chief.

Every car on that track is a data point. The more data, the better if you have engineers that can handle it. HMS does. Not sure what the agreement is with Ganassi, but you can be rest assured that it comes with a HMS engineer. The teams don't touch them. I am assuming that Ganassi's agreement doesn't include chassis, but again, that's an assumption. There are some on this board that are under the impression that SHR gets the stuff from HMS, and then does whatever it wants. Nope. Vickers was addressing this in his presser today. You are looking at 10 cars (at least) connected to HMS. Rodden brings his set up knowledge, and I am sure has maintained the relationships to HMS. Satellite team.

su

Penske does run the same engines as Roush, but I agree with your point, they aren't the same. They don't buy the engines, they rent them from Hendrick or Yates. Toyota has TRD and another supplier for the lower level teams Triad or something. Kinda stupid thinking Penske and Roush is a Yates team because their engines are the same. But somehow if you are Stewart Haas or Ganassi, your a Hendrick team..Hendrick machine shop is striking fear in the hearts of the fans and competitors. FEAR the HENDRICK MOTOR. all you Fordites and Toyotalets Be afraid be REAL afraid.:biggrin:

The Penske and Roush thing has been a topic of conversation all year. Quite a discrepancy in performance given the same engine and "One Ford". Stewart Hass is a Hendrick Team--I don't have a problem with that. This is an alliance which suggests to me motors and chassis, and engineering support. I haven't been able to find out if Ganassi gets more than just motors or not, but it seems to me that there bump in performance would have to be more than just motors, but who knows? Regardless, motors plus Rodden is as good as a full blown alliance in my book. TRD teams--JGR and MWR share more information now than ever--strongly encouraged by TRD. By their own admission, TRD has nothing to do with other builders of other Toyotas, but their facilities are available to them for a price.

doubt Rick is getting from Chip anything but money

The engineer that comes with the motor has an office at HMS I am sure. Just saying'.

A HMS engineer follows the engine.
i think you mis-read my post.
ramfan9 asked what does Hendrick get.....i said money

Marcingak said......They probably share engine tuning setups, etc.

i said.....doubt Rick is getting from Chip anything but money

to which you said......The engineer that comes with the motor has an office at HMS I am sure. Just saying'.

i said....why would Chip have an employee at HMS

you said....A HMS engineer follows the engine.

all this goes back to what i said, Rick get money, nothing else.

4 wins in 7 years at HMS. Cmon man. Anyone else with that resumè would be cut off. 2 names come to mind, Brian Vickers & Casey Mears. His last name creates many more fans and much more money for him than anyone else with his level of talent. The fudging of the points systems year after year only suites his level of competetiveness and allows him to be in contention.

His resume has not been the best ever since he has been there, but the reason why I'm saying this is because his results the past three or four years have been better. He's backed his results up lately. Sometimes it takes time for people to acclaimated. I understand people blows up his results, but like I said. The last name is a blessing and a curse. Rick does not play, but admit. Last year and even in 11 and 12, he was competitive with the old points system. He could have won the championship on points alone last year during the chase. I mean, he's no JJ or JG, but he's good. On the same level with Kasey, but I would have put JR'S ass on the hot seat after 2010. Now, we see that consistency and he can win more than those two races.

Damn, I might as well say I'm a JR fan.

Yuck...more bad luck. Was headed for a solid day (maybe a win) that could have propelled him into the Chase as far as points if he did not win and gets wrecked again. I am really starting to question this format. I agree with letting 16 guys in and the knockout tournament style chase will be exciting but....and people who are fans of his and/or apprciate the underdog story can crucify me for this but Aric Almirola has no business in the chase and it's a little hard for me to accept the reality that one driver could potentially miss the chase because the guy behind him did not check up in time but another guy will make it because it started raining at the right time and 3/4 of the field was taken out.....

Yuck...more bad luck. Was headed for a solid day (maybe a win) that could have propelled him into the Chase as far as points if he did not win and gets wrecked again. I am really starting to question this format. I agree with letting 16 guys in and the knockout tournament style chase will be exciting but....and people who are fans of his and/or apprciate the underdog story can crucify me for this but Aric Almirola has no business in the chase and it's a little hard for me to accept the reality that one driver could potentially miss the chase because the guy behind him did not check up in time but another guy will make it because it started raining at the right time and 3/4 of the field was taken out.....

Kasey has two ways to make the chase, and so far he hasn't done well enough this year to make it either way. Doesn't matter, new chase, old chase, points only old format, he isn't in the running.

Kasey has two ways to make the chase, and so far he hasn't done well enough this year to make it either way. Doesn't matter, new chase, old chase, points only old format, he isn't in the running.

While you are technically correct that he is not in either way right now my point Captian Obvious is that he has actually RUN more than well enough but the finishes don't show it and most of the time it is circumstance beyond his control - getting wrecked yesterday, getting wrecked by Kyle Busch at Pocono when he was headed to a hard earned top 10 when the car was not that great - the fluke rear hub failure at California when he was headed for another top 10 with a not so great car. Give him the finishes he deserved in one or two of those races and he's in. But meanwhile Aric Almirola gets to be in because it started raining? He is a backmarker at best and has no business there.

While you are technically correct that he is not in either way right now my point Captian Obvious is that he has actually RUN more than well enough but the finishes don't show it and most of the time it is circumstance beyond his control - getting wrecked yesterday, getting wrecked by Kyle Busch at Pocono when he was headed to a hard earned top 10 when the car was not that great - the fluke rear hub failure at California when he was headed for another top 10 with a not so great car. Give him the finishes he deserved in one or two of those races and he's in. But meanwhile Aric Almirola gets to be in because it started raining? He is a backmarker at best and has no business there.
Kahne doesnt make the chase on what if scenarios. He's had some ridiculous luck this year but where you ran any lap before the final one doesnt mean schit. Last one counts & he just hasnt had the results. I dont like it either but, its what we got.

Kasey is so difficult to predict. He's one of those guys that seemingly can disappear for several races & then all of a sudden he's up front, leading a lot of laps & winning a race or two. I like the guy but honestly, I don't see Kasey as a legit contender to challenge the 48 & a few others for a title.

Kahne doesnt make the chase on what if scenarios. He's had some ridiculous luck this year but where you ran any lap before the final one doesnt mean schit. Last one counts & he just hasnt had the results. I dont like it either but, its what we got.

That's kind of my whole point. Plus my sour grapes about a guys like AA making The Chase for a s#$% luck win because it rained at the right time.

Kasey is so difficult to predict. He's one of those guys that seemingly can disappear for several races & then all of a sudden he's up front, leading a lot of laps & winning a race or two. I like the guy but honestly, I don't see Kasey as a legit contender to challenge the 48 & a few others for a title.

It's all about who gets in and gets hot at the the right time. You are right that Kasey is streaky but if he were to make the chase and goes on a hot streak during it he is plenty capable of beating the 48 and anyone else. I just wish he could have some good luck for once.

That's kind of my whole point. Plus my sour grapes about a guys like AA making The Chase for a s#$% luck win because it rained at the right time.
If Kasey had won, you'd be singing a different tune about rain out wins.

His resume has not been the best ever since he has been there, but the reason why I'm saying this is because his results the past three or four years have been better. He's backed his results up lately. Sometimes it takes time for people to acclaimated. I understand people blows up his results, but like I said. The last name is a blessing and a curse. Rick does not play, but admit. Last year and even in 11 and 12, he was competitive with the old points system. He could have won the championship on points alone last year during the chase. I mean, he's no JJ or JG, but he's good. On the same level with Kasey, but I would have put JR'S ass on the hot seat after 2010. Now, we see that consistency and he can win more than those two races.

Damn, I might as well say I'm a JR fan.
Welcome to the fold. :cheers:

NASCAR is all about the question "what have you done for me lately?" Junior has done plenty over the last couple of years to prove that he is not just a wheel-holding t-shirt salesman milking his last name for all it's worth. (And for the record, I never bought into any of that drivel even when I wasn't a fan of his.)

Welcome to the fold. :cheers:

NASCAR is all about the question "what have you done for me lately?" Junior has done plenty over the last couple of years to prove that he is not just a wheel-holding t-shirt salesman milking his last name for all it's worth. (And for the record, I never bought into any of that drivel even when I wasn't a fan of his.)

I would not say he has done "plenty." I say he has done "enough." He had a good chase last year and won a couple races this year which is good even if one was a crapshoot plate race and the other was luck through a bonehead move by Brad K.

2006. Golden Corral 500. Atlanta.

I dont remember that race particialry and I am not saying that Kasey has never had a lucky win....Stewart's blown tire in the 600 comes to mind...but my point is that he HAS won w/o luck where AA has never and probably will never win again.

This. I like him too, and his disappearing act in the Chase last year definitely had me scratching my head.

As I've said before (probably in this thread, too), he's one of the most talented drivers in Cup. If he can ever find some consistency to back that talent up, watch out.

I don't know what planet you come from, but could uh, would uh, and should uh don't count in racing. Driving like a dart without feathers, darting to the middle while in the pack was a stupid move, he paid the price yesterday.

I would not say he has done "plenty." I say he has done "enough." He had a good chase last year and won a couple races this year which is good even if one was a crapshoot plate race and the other was luck through a bonehead move by Brad K.
...and he lost one at Vegas to Brad on the last lap, which evens it out in my book.

Silly me. I forgot we had the whole nonsensical HMS intrasquad war going in this thread. I'm just gonna go ahead and exit stage right. LOL.

This. I like him too, and his disappearing act in the Chase last year definitely had me scratching my head.

As I've said before (probably in this thread, too), he's one of the most talented drivers in Cup. If he can ever find some consistency to back that talent up, watch out.

Amen to that......I think he has so much bad luck that it causes him to press too hard at other times to make it up which is why he is so hit or miss

He's not a back marker. Almirola is a really underrated racer and has done a pretty good job with lesser equipment. I'm a Kasey Kahne fan too and at this point he doesn't deserve to make the chase. It always takes a little luck to win, and Almirola won a race and took advantage of it. He deserves it because this is the system nascar implemented. Kahnes gonna have to nut up and win a race if he wants to make the chase

He's not a back marker. Almirola is a really underrated racer and has done a pretty good job with lesser equipment. I'm a Kasey Kahne fan too and at this point he doesn't deserve to make the chase. It always takes a little luck to win, and Almirola won a race and took advantage of it. He deserves it because this is the system nascar implemented. Kahnes gonna have to nut up and win a race if he wants to make the chase

Could not disagree more on Almirola...has never done much of anything in cup OR Nationwide...and Kasey won multiple races in that same equipment but you are saying Almirola deserves to make The Chase because it rained at the right time and Kasey does not deserve to because even though he has run far better than Almirola (way ahead of him in points even WITH all his bad luuck this year) because of equipment failures and getting caught up in wrecks. The bottom line is that when Kasey has not had bad luck he has pretty much been a top 10 or close everywhere. That deserves to make the Chase way more IMO than a guy who caught a shower.

Look maybe I am being tough on Almirola because I am so frustrated about the way things continue to go for Kasey but that was one fear I had about this Chase format. It leaveas the door open for a fluke win to make it in and yesterday should be used as the definition of fluke. You say Kasey is gonna have to "nut up" but if only it were that easy....he would just "nut up" every week.

i think you mis-read my post.
ramfan9 asked what does Hendrick get.....i said money

Marcingak said......They probably share engine tuning setups, etc.

i said.....doubt Rick is getting from Chip anything but money

to which you said......The engineer that comes with the motor has an office at HMS I am sure. Just saying'.

i said....why would Chip have an employee at HMS

you said....A HMS engineer follows the engine.

all this goes back to what i said, Rick get money, nothing else.

Rick gets money, and the intellectual property that comes with an engineer who has tried things in technically non-Hendrick cars to be used or avoided on Hendrick cars. Get what I mean?

I don't know what planet you come from, but could uh, would uh, and should uh don't count in racing. Driving like a dart without feathers, darting to the middle while in the pack was a stupid move, he paid the price yesterday.

I guess you weren't paying attention....he was ALREADY in the middle when the whole thing happened. He had to check up to avoid wrecking the guy in front of him and Biffle did not check up on time to avoid hitting him and Biffle confrimed that in his interview. He talked about not being able to check up in time and "getting into the 5."

I have never seen Kasey drive "like a dart without feathers." And I get it....could "uh" (I guess that's how you spell that) does not mean anything in the end result but my POINT is that it should NOT count for anything in racing that a guy caught a lucky rain shower and it SHOULD count for something when you run well consistently but apparently not in NASCAR today.

Rick gets money, and the intellectual property that comes with an engineer who has tried things in technically non-Hendrick cars to be used or avoided on Hendrick cars. Get what I mean?
i really don't get it, sorry. i'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about.

i really don't get it, sorry. i'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about.

Cool. I love the way this stuff works from a technical/manufacturer/builder/engineering standpoint. Here's the deal as I understand it.....Chip Ganassi leases engines from Hendrick. With that lease Hendrick sends an engineer to oversee everything that happens with that motor. I have heard that the teams aren't even allowed to install the thing without the engineer present. The engineer manages everything that the team needs for that motor from the mapping to diagnosing issues, etc. All of the data collected goes back to Hendrick, and is shared amongst the teams running Hendrick power.

Cool. I love the way this stuff works from a technical/manufacturer/builder/engineering standpoint. Here's the deal as I understand it.....Chip Ganassi leases engines from Hendrick. With that lease Hendrick sends an engineer to oversee everything that happens with that motor. I have heard that the teams aren't even allowed to install the thing without the engineer present. The engineer manages everything that the team needs for that motor from the mapping to diagnosing issues, etc. All of the data collected goes back to Hendrick, and is shared amongst the teams running Hendrick power.

not to start an argument but that isn't what I know to be with last years Childress, Furniture Row teaming up. just the opposite. Furniture row had there guy at Childress. I listened to Tony on sirius radio and he never mentioned an engineer and all of those restrictions, in fact he said he can go to Hendrick and pick out any engine he wants to lease, said there was about 20 on flats in a room, pick one any one same engines Hendricks cars get.

Back
Top Bottom