Jeff Gordon's back!

I'm so excited. Hope Jr. doesn't drive at Indy. (to get to full health and to see Jeff drive) Win #6 anyone? :D

98% chance Jr is still "injured" next week with this new replacement driver behind the wheel at the brickyard.

I might be the only Gordon fan in the world that didn't really mind Gustafson :idunno:

I mean he's obviously no Evernham but he wasn't that bad
He had his moments strategy-wise that made you go...wut? That package last year just didn't do them any favors at all really.

He's been unreal with Chase however, which it truly what matters now.

He had his moments strategy-wise that made you go...wut? That package last year just didn't do them any favors at all really.

He's been unreal with Chase however, which it truly what matters now.

True, although Letarte wasn't any better. I remember a stretch of races one year where I swear Letarte took 4 tires every single stop, no matter the track position or laps on the tires or stage of the race. It drove me nuts.

I agree Alan and Chase have been great this year.

Love seeing those past champions' provisionals being used . Jeff For Hire , has a nice ring to it .

It would be pretty weird to see Gordon make one final appearance in the 88 after driving the 24 his whole career.

As a lifelong Gordon fan who went to Homestead it would kinda suck if that turns out not to be his final race, but he's also great at Indy and it's always been a special race for him so that would be cool to see. And I'd love to see what he does in this new aero even just once.

I'm calling it now, chase and Jeff on the front row of the final restart.

Isnt there an online petition PDFs thingy....

Attention Brian France.

"After Jeffs consummates next week's win, grant him the waiver, cause nation needs the feel good lifetime ahhhh! " .

And, yes the damb______ would grant the request.

It would be pretty weird to see Gordon make one final appearance in the 88 after driving the 24 his whole career.

As a lifelong Gordon fan who went to Homestead it would kinda suck if that turns out not to be his final race, but he's also great at Indy and it's always been a special race for him so that would be cool to see. And I'd love to see what he does in this new aero even just once.

Agree.

Who wouldn't like to see Jeff back? I know us fans do but I'm content with how he capped his career last year. He came on strong during the chase. Should probably let a Reagan Smith drive the car. He was always the Hendrick relief driver so why not use him one more time now.

It'd be a nice silver lining to see Gordon run at the brickyard again if Earnhardt can't race, for sure.

It'd be weird in the 88, though....

Might be time to break this car out.

24axalta-rainbow-side-shop-jgnl.jpg

ROTFLMAO --- leave it to Ryan Newman
Ryan Newman , a 15th-year veteran with Richard Childress Racing, said that a driver of Gordon's caliber would likely be capable of competitively rejoining the series without signs of rust.
"Yeah, just because you go to the nude beach for a couple of months doesn't mean you don't know how to put your underwear back on," Newman said, prompting laughter in the NHMS media center.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...replacement-dale-earnhardt-jr-concussion.html

I think Gordon is the most logical choice. But...... I don't see him doing much because of not being familiar with Jr.s car and not knowing his crew chief..... I think if you took all 4 HMS drivers and swapped cars for a race..... It would be a fiasco.....

Same difference.

I think Gordon is the most logical choice. But...... I don't see him doing much because of not being familiar with Jr.s car and not knowing his crew chief..... I think if you took all 4 HMS drivers and swapped cars for a race..... It would be a fiasco.....

Same difference.

I think he's the perfect choice . A true professional ,should be able to quickly blend in with the team . HMS can write a book on what he likes for a setup at each track . They know everything about him and he knows them . Don't see a problem , unless it's Junior gettin his car back.

I think he's the perfect choice . A true professional ,should be able to quickly blend in with the team . HMS can write a book on what he likes for a setup at each track . They know everything about him and he knows them . Don't see a problem , unless it's Junior gettin his car back.
I have seen several times when a driver gets in someone elses car......... it's like it's totally foreign.... this might not be the case but I wouldn't be surprised........ at any rate..... your opinion is well taken........

Back
Top Bottom