Kevin Harvick signs long term contract with SHR

Too close to the Crown Victoria that ended my relationship with Ford.

My best, TRL.

It may not matter to the drivers, but ever since I started watching I've had a strong urge to buy a white Ford Fusion as my next car. Weird...

khi promotions prolly started hms rumor.

got better ext $$ from shr. :D

I drive a Toyota, but the main reason I started rooting for them is because I got sick of all the people who say they don't belong on the sport. I love seeing those same xenophobes cringe whenever a Toyota wins a race. I like plenty of drivers outside the Toyota camp though. My favorite driver is Clint Bowyer, who currently drives a Chevrolet and will be driving a Ford next year.
Every time a Toyota wins, all the anti Toyota people cry( saying it nicely) , and brings a smile to face everytime

Every time a Toyota wins, all the anti Toyota people cry( saying it nicely) , and brings a smile to face everytime
My favorite is when they say NASCAR changed the rules to benefit the Toyotas. They weren't saying that when GM was winning 33 of the last 40 championships.

My favorite is when they say NASCAR changed the rules to benefit the Toyotas. They weren't saying that when GM was winning 33 of the last 40 championships.
Of course not, its ok for Chevy to be dominate, but god forbid a foreign car make is better than Chevy :laugh:

What are you doing in that? That's an old person's car! :D
Well, last time I checked my driver's license, it said I was old. Of course, those things lie. :D
This is my 5th Lincoln ---- it's bucket seat fits my "bucket" perfectly.
Too close to the Crown Victoria that ended my relationship with Ford.

My best, TRL.
Oh, the Town Car is far cry from a Crown Vic --- drove a Vic once. Rattled and sounded like a tin can when I closed the door.
Wouldn't have one of those if you paid me.

Mine will go from a pokey 50 to a hustling 90 in a heartbeat. I HATE to poke along behind "farmer Brown" on his tractor or his
old pickup. Got 125K on my previous one and plan to put that on this one. Haven't been able to find a better car for the highway
than a Town Car.

I have never even shopped anywhere but Toyota. I don't care if it pisses people off when they win, but I have fond memories of all of the **** I heard when they weren't winning. Where'd ya go?

Tom Jensen
Manager Digital Content at Foxsports.com and Editor in Chief at SPEED
2 hrs ·
As all you race fans know by now, Kevin Harvick signed a long-term contract extension to stay at Stewart-Haas Racing just a couple of days after a NASCAR beat writer erroneously reported he was heading to Hendrick Motorsports next year.
Said reporter was savaged by his peers yesterday, and with good reason: He completely blew one of the biggest stories of the year.

This morning, I read the reporter’s column “apologizing” for blowing the Harvick story.
I put “apologizing” in quotes, because it was only sort of an apology. In the column, he blamed a co-worker for getting the tip in the first place. He blamed sources at both teams for allegedly telling him things that turned out to be untrue.

He defended his media outlet’s reputation by pointing out that it’s been around since 1998 and regularly has stories and opinion pieces show up on Jayski.

He defended his media outlet’s policies on news sourcing, which on the face of it is absurd since those policies broke down completely in this case.

And my favorite, “ I once went to 28 races a year; I’m not some hack who showed up out of nowhere.”

Then there’s this gem: “It’s a shame others felt entitled to witch-hunt when one day they, too, may find themselves the center of misinformation and a story that didn’t turn out right.”

It wasn’t “a story that didn’t turn out right,” it was a story that was factually incorrect about a championship-level driver and two of the top teams in the sport. It was wrong. Completely and totally wrong.

Here’s the deal, in my opinion: We all make mistakes. God knows, I’ve made plenty in my career and will make plenty more.
But one of life’s most important lessons is that when you make a mistake, you own it.

You apologize unconditionally and you move on.

The more you try to explain/rationalize/defend yourself, the dumber you’re going to look.

When there’s a wreck on-track, I have a lot more respect for the driver who says, “Yeah, that one’s on me,” than for the driver who blames it on other people and says it wasn’t his fault.

Excuses and rationalizations don’t earn respect.

And besides, he got the story wrong, and that's really the bottom line.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.jensen1?fref=nf

Well, last time I checked my driver's license, it said I was old. Of course, those things lie. :D
This is my 5th Lincoln ---- it's bucket seat fits my "bucket" perfectly.

Oh, the Town Car is far cry from a Crown Vic --- drove a Vic once. Rattled and sounded like a tin can when I closed the door.
Wouldn't have one of those if you paid me.

Mine will go from a pokey 50 to a hustling 90 in a heartbeat. I HATE to poke along behind "farmer Brown" on his tractor or his
old pickup. Got 125K on my previous one and plan to put that on this one. Haven't been able to find a better car for the highway
than a Town Car.

You reminded me of my Mom. Her 2nd husband wouldn't drive anything but a Mark IV. He wanted one for my Mom, but she liked a smaller car. She said she couldn't park it at work. So she had some kind of Toyota, Corolla, or something like that. I can't remember. Then one day he said he had found a Lincoln he thought she would like. It was smaller than the Mark IV. I don't know what kind of Continental it was but it was smaller and it still had 4 doors. My Mom loved to travel and we have spent many a mile in that car long after he passed away... never in a hurry to get where we were going. I think it was my favorite of all the cars she had.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/05...e-two-months-ago-he-wasnt-taking-kahnes-ride/

Kevin Harvick said he talked with Kasey Kahne about two months ago to tell him that no one from Hendrick Motorsports had contacted him about replacing Kahne next year.

Harvick revealed that Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway as he discussed the news of his long-term contract extension with Stewart-Haas Racing. Harvick said he had an automatic two-year contract extension that he and the team agreed to restructure with the team switching from Chevrolet to Ford next year and sponsors wanting to extend beyond Harvick’s previous extension.

Although Kahne’s contract with Hendrick Motorsports goes through 2018, a report as recently as this week linked Harvick with Kahne’s ride.

Harvick said he chatted with Kahne when talk first surfaced about Harvick switching to Kahne’s ride.

“It got so out of control, I actually went to Kasey Kahne and I said ‘Look man, here’s what’s going on,’ ’’ Harvick said. “I told him, there’s not been one person to call me from your organization. I want you to have the trust in your team, I want you to believe in your team, and I want you to keep working on the things you’re working at. Here’s what I’m doing, here’s what I see, here’s how it is going to go.’’

Back
Top Bottom