Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together

Its sad that you stride for so little. I want you to want more for yourself, pops.

I will be watching Kyle win races in 2016 ............................... nuff said huh ;)

ah so...not so, in fact when Toyota came in, it cost the others money. They had to redesign their engines

About the same time, Toyota was petitioning to enter NASCAR by starting out in the truck series. Since it had no pushrod V8 upon which to base a race engine, Toyota was given freedom to clean-sheet an engine based on what was already in the garages. Toyota Racing Development (TRD) purchased Ford, Chevy and Dodge race engines and took more than 8,000 measurements. TRD engineers then pushed the dimensions as far as they could negotiate with NASCAR. For example, they asked for 4.550-inch bore centers but were allowed 4.500-inch. Toyota also went with eight cam bearings, front-mounted distributor and 20 head bolts. In the end, Toyota obsoleted all the other engines, so NASCAR allowed clean-sheet designs from the other three. Chevy responded with the R07, Dodge came out with the closed-deck R6P8 and Ford followed with the FR9. All have 4.500-inch bore centers but NASCAR still mandates a 4.185-inch maximum bore to keep cylinder head development and valve sizes in check. However, the wider bore centers allow intricate cooling passages, and cooler engines mean less tape on the front grille.

http://www.enginelabs.com/features/...ascar-helped-build-a-600ci-small-block-chevy/

Cylinder Block for NASCAR Racing Engines
http://www.toyota-industries.com/product/auto/engine/almi.html
Gees I don't even care about this foreign brand and I know more than some of the "experts" and instead of fairy tales, I have proof. :confused:

You have a guy's opinion. Nice try.

Last edited:
So, is Kyle in effect calling his boss an idiot. Afterall, Joe Gibbs has the last word.

That's what it sounds to me like.

So, when a driver says the car sucks, he is insulting his owner too? Pathetic. There is no limit to the stupidity when it comes to Kyle hatred. None. I will say it again.....I love what Kyle said. Needed to be said.....and it's the truth.

Brian Pattie told NASCAR Radio that the sharing has been going on all along, and the dialogue continues. Interesting.

So, when a driver says the car sucks, he is insulting his owner too? Pathetic. There is no limit to the stupidity when it comes to Kyle hatred. None. I will say it again.....I love what Kyle said. Needed to be said.....and it's the truth.
So now you're down to name calling and I'm stupid. For your information I don't hate kybu or any other driver. I just stated my opinion. But according to that last post of your's I'm not allowed to do that. It's funny that I don't see an admin tag below your avatar.

Kyle's one of the few guys who actually helped his career by parting ways with Hendrick. He's a better fit at JGR, and has 25 cup wins there. His replacement Dale Jr? 6 wins in 7 years. I think Kyle's done OK for himself without HMS.

Maybe, but who knows how many he could have won in a Hendrick car in that time frame.

But I will agree he was a misfit at HMS, two different types. Not meant to insult either party, they are just different.

They did. It didn't work. They reached out to TRD, and TRD answered. That relationship is tight.

See the events of 2011 to learn more. I have already posted tihe history about that relationship a million times.

I believe you, and I know you are well versed.
The thing that confused me was that Hamlin was the fastest car that year.
If they hadn't imploded at Phoenix and Homestead they would have won the championship.

But if my memory is correct they did it for the most part with JGR engines that year. . As an outsider the switch to TRD engines was confusing.
I think Kyle had his biggest win season with JGR power as well.
Kenseth is the only one to get his best Toyota year with TRD engines, but that is the only supplier for him.

Maybe I am wrong and blurring the years, but that's the way I remember things.

Your corrections and comments will be appreciated.

So now you're down to name calling and I'm stupid. For your information I don't hate kybu or any other driver. I just stated my opinion. But according to that last post of your's I'm not allowed to do that. It's funny that I don't see an admin tag below your avatar.

So you really, really, really believe that Kyle Busch was calling his owner/mentor/boss/friend an idiot? I mean, you really believe that is what he meant to do? For the record, I did not refer to you as stupid. I don't do that here or anywhere else. However, what a person says is subject to assessment. IMO, someone who says Kyle Busch is calling Coach an idiot is saying something stupid.

I believe you, and I know you are well versed.
The thing that confused me was that Hamlin was the fastest car that year.
If they hadn't imploded at Phoenix and Homestead they would have won the championship.

But if my memory is correct they did it for the most part with JGR engines that year. . As an outsider the switch to TRD engines was confusing.
I think Kyle had his biggest win season with JGR power as well.
Kenseth is the only one to get his best Toyota year with TRD engines, but that is the only supplier for him.

Maybe I am wrong and blurring the years, but that's the way I remember things.

Your corrections and comments will be appreciated.

Yeah, Denny's run was 2010. There had been big wins and power with Cronquist built Toyotas but they hit a wall in 2011. All Coach had to do was ask for help in reliability, and TRD would oblige. It actually happened post Fontana 2011 when Coach accompanied Toyota personnel to Costa Mesa to witness the teardown. He wasn't planning to stay the night, but he did. After that, TRD worked the reliability while Cronquist twisted the power. A similar arrangement exists to this day. Bottom line is as a result of that impromptu collaboration post Fontana 2011, TRD and JGR began to work more and more closely together until they decided that it was silly to keep trying to be separate. The collaboration began in ernest in 2012 under the TRD banner. Indeed, the relationship is unique.

So you really, really, really believe that Kyle Busch was calling his owner/mentor/boss/friend an idiot? I mean, you really believe that is what he meant to do? For the record, I did not refer to you as stupid. I don't do that here or anywhere else. However, what a person says is subject to assessment. IMO, someone who says Kyle Busch is calling Coach an idiot is saying something stupid.
I don't do pissing contests. My time is too valuable to waste on such a trivial past time. Goodbye.

So, is Kyle in effect calling his boss an idiot. Afterall, Joe Gibbs has the last word.
That's what it sounds to me like.
Bye the bye. Why didn't you jump Muggles ass like you jumped mine? Muggle made the statement, I just agreed.

Possibly sticking with Larson though.

I know Chase was groomed by Hendrick and he will be one of the up and comers but I feel like Larson is my guy.

Good choice imo, I am already sick and tired of hearing about Chase Elliot

I would have liked for the number 24 to at least take a year off from the track. :/

I would have preferred that the number 3 never return to the cup series but I didnt get my way, sometimes we just have to suck it up and move on

Possibly sticking with Larson though.

I know Chase was groomed by Hendrick and he will be one of the up and comers but I feel like Larson is my guy.
Same...after Harvick retires Larson and Blaney will be my guys.

Bye the bye. Why didn't you jump Muggles ass like you jumped mine? Muggle made the statement, I just agreed.

I'm not into pissing matches either. The stuff about Kyle calling Coach stupid you guys engaged in was designed to get a reaction out of fans of Toyota, Kyle, and JGR. It did. My sincere apologies if you felt that I insulted your character. This was not my intent. I enjoy your posts. Have a great evening.

I'm not into pissing matches either. The stuff about Kyle calling Coach stupid you guys engaged in was designed to get a reaction out of fans of Toyota, Kyle, and JGR. It did. My sincere apologies if you felt that I insulted your character. This was not my intent. I enjoy your posts. Have a great evening.

Kyle, maybe. Totoya and JGR? I dont see the connection.

Kyle, maybe. Totoya and JGR? I dont see the connection.

Kyle referred to the inability of MWR and JGR to get on the same page under the TRD/Toyota banner. Kyle, JGR, and Toyota.

Well coach Joe won titles with Chevy and Pontiac.
Then he got Toyoted

Toyota is the only reason Coach hasn't won another Championship? Wow, that's really taking the team out of the equation. This isn't F1.

Toyota is the only reason Coach hasn't won another Championship? Wow, that's really taking the team out of the equation. This isn't F1.

I just had to do it, all a part of good Christian stewardship, not to waste the opportunities the Lord provides.

When an adversary is down, you must kick him in the teeth. Nothing personal just a matter of faith.

Well they don't has Tony, and Bobby Labonte any longer, they won the championships and don't drives Toyotas.

I just had to do it, all a part of good Christian stewardship, not to waste the opportunities the Lord provides.

When an adversary is down, you must kick him in the teeth. Nothing personal just a matter of faith.

Worked for Gordon and Ray in the 90s.

Well they don't has Tony, and Bobby Labonte any longer, they won the championships and don't drives Toyotas.

How many did they lose in GM stuff?

Don't know what the hell you are saying or drinking here.

Back
Top Bottom